Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

If anyone would like to submit feedback, rule tweaks, suggested prizes etc. for the FREE FOR ALL gym please PM me! I would love some more ideas :D
    GCEA

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Honestly I personally just don't like it. Even thought it's mellowed out I REALLY do not like these 'spammy' kinds of things meant to artificially build activity to begin with and usually only do them (if I do) for reasons of Prism or such. I think the reason why I liked AntIvOId and at one point was a fan of GCeA was precisely because, for being fast-paced they were NOT spammy and I could take a bit of time. The FFA is like an attempt at that gone bad. This is honestly a simplified (and personally better) version of GCeA's combat system, and in hindsight, GCeA never was about combat and never had good combat. Every forum game I've ever REALLY liked-AIOI, DTG, and Infinite War (the last of which you wouldn't have heard of), were fast but also REQUIRED a good deal of time and investment to get the most out of them-but at the same time, not too much. You get the gist of what I'm throwing down?

I kind of like the rest of the event thus far, mind, but spammy things turn me off.

I'm not sure if this is just me or if others aren't so much fans of this kind of thing as well.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Thanks for your opinion! :) I know it won't be everyone's cup of tea. It was just supposed to be a fun game thing on the side for people to participate in while waiting for new challenges or between finding Pokemon. Maybe in that case, it might be better to keep it as a game for fun and not offer prizes.
    GCEA

I get where you're coming from, but I never saw it as spammy. I saw it as a little competition. Additionally, if there are no prizes involved then it just seems a little pointless (especially given that it's team-based and meant to be fast paced). xD

Maybe we could have had a "First team to claim the gym 5 times" type of deal, where each team has to put in at least three pokemon and hold it for, like, ten minutes. Then they'd get one point to their name and the gym would reset, and it'd continue like that. I dunno.

I also know that it's very difficult to constantly be coming up with challenges on your own, so well done for doing any of this. xD And all of this!

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Sorry about the month of hiatus guys. A lot of stuff came up for me at work and I just didn't have time to make any new puzzles or anything. :'(

This whole thing has been made up by me as I go along, which means none of it was really planned out before I started. xD Because of that, it's gotten a little crazy to keep up with. If we do something similar in future I will definitely try to plan it out beforehand and maybe enlist some more help! ;)

I'm still really busy but I want to finish off this event. So I will be doing that over the next week! The final stretch is here. Thanks to everyone who has joined in so far and I hope you've enjoyed it! :)
    GCEA

6. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Sorry about the month of hiatus guys. A lot of stuff came up for me at work and I just didn't have time to make any new puzzles or anything. :'(

This whole thing has been made up by me as I go along, which means none of it was really planned out before I started. xD Because of that, it's gotten a little crazy to keep up with. If we do something similar in future I will definitely try to plan it out beforehand and maybe enlist some more help! ;)

I'm still really busy but I want to finish off this event. So I will be doing that over the next week! The final stretch is here. Thanks to everyone who has joined in so far and I hope you've enjoyed it! :)
    Don't feel bad, I figured something like this was going on. You've done such an awesome job already that I honestly feel no one has the right to complain.

I'm glad to see this is still chugging along, though!

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yeah I couldn't really leave it with the last few Pokemon missing after everyone worked so hard. D:
    GCEA