Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    Welp. Until this evolution shenanigan wears off, or the rules change, I am physically unable to beat the Cinnabar gym (even on normal) because aside from Electabuzz V. Charizard and Golem V. everything, I can't win. I'd theoretically have to hatch an egg to get an evolution. Wanting max victories I would then need to get an Eevee to evo into Vaporean and Ormanyte.

Lapras is useless in the gym, no double-type weakness so it all just ties.
    Let me know if the gym is actually too hard. I just kind of make them up and am happy to edit them :x I think I might swap a fully evolved Pokemon for a basic Pokemon. It was annoying cos there are no fire middle evolutions!
    GCEA

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Let me know if the gym is actually too hard. I just kind of make them up and am happy to edit them :x I think I might swap a fully evolved Pokemon for a basic Pokemon. It was annoying cos there are no fire middle evolutions!
    Charmeleon is a middle-evo Fire type. Charizard wouldn't be really redundant considering it's differently-typed on evolution and Gym Leaders are proven to be mildly redundant in some cases as well. Plus, there would be no difference except the names and redundancy if you had 4 magmars and a charizard in the gym as it stands right now, as opposed to 4 different pure fire types.

For that matter I think Blaine had a Ponyta in his team as well, but I may not recall correctly. So a basic and medium fire type, a fire-flying final, and two other fire finals. That would probably cinch victory (you could skip Ponyta for a 4th fire final if you want this to be hard hard, but I wouldn't say that).

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yeah I'm trying not to double up on evolution lines. I know its technically redundant but yeah. I thought Charizards dual typing would make it ok to face since its pretty easy to get an Electabuzz. but yeah, we'll see how people go, I may adjust it again. Winning all 5 battles is not really expected, but I want winning 3 to be possible for the badge for everyone participating in the gym battle side of things.

I don't really wanna use too many non-final evos coz everyone has access to Pokemon that don't evolve (kangaskhan, farfetchd, hitmons etc) that can own anything without a type advantage xD
    GCEA

We cannot make a dent in their ranks by ourselves in that power plant. We need to set a time to assault together, sort of like a mini-event. I'll be available for a looong time now, so it's a matter of what Mystics are available when.

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Is it just me or is the Ice Shrine challenge taking a long time to update?

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Is there any specific Pokémon anyone needs taking out of the Gym in order to start a full-on assault? I keep forgetting to ask that when I remove Pokémon. :(

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

I was capable of sweeping... But then they put a Tauros in there. Remove one of the normal types.

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

He kind of got me because I forgot to edit my battle to include the Vaporeon. I can't do anything now either. I just need something to evolve my Mankey.

EDIT: Have you hatched an Egg yet? You'll get access to an evolution if you hatch an Egg, then you can evolve your Mankey and defeat Tauros.

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler: