Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon GO Club

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

My bf and I managed to get a Lugia last week. I had shown up to two different Articuno raids at uni and no one else showed up. They were bad timing - 8am :/ But anyway we were on our way out and we decided to walk past the Lugia raid for fun, wasn't expecting anyone, but there were 15 people there!!! We came at the perfect time and beat Lugia and were SUPER lucky in catching it!! This was before I got my own game though, so I don't have one. xD And we weren't able to get Articuno. :( But there is a Moltres raid going on right now. WHY DO THEY KEEP PUTTING THEM ALL AT LIKE 8AM!!! There's no one here!!! But anyway, gonna walk over there in about half an hour just to see if anyone happens to be there!
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I'm sure they'll be rotating the legendaries but I'll never be able to get one because even at prime Go playing hours no one shows up. T.T
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I'm sure they'll be rotating the legendaries but I'll never be able to get one because even at prime Go playing hours no one shows up. T.T
    It's the same here. :( I ended up having to join a few facebook groups where they organise raids for my area. It's been awesome so far actually! Yesterday I met up with a group of 15-20 people and we drove around to four different Moltres raids in the area! Both me and my bf managed to catch one each, which was really exciting!!! They're doing the same thing for Zapdos next weekend, so it should be good! :D
    GCEA

I was able to hold down a gym for about 3 hours and then lost it. The first time I've really played in several months because of my crap phone and service provider.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    It's the same here. :( I ended up having to join a few facebook groups where they organise raids for my area. It's been awesome so far actually! Yesterday I met up with a group of 15-20 people and we drove around to four different Moltres raids in the area! Both me and my bf managed to catch one each, which was really exciting!!! They're doing the same thing for Zapdos next weekend, so it should be good! :D
    Man I wish I could do that. Parents would flip out. Maybe one day. For now I'm just kinda stuck staring at the raids from a longing distance.
    / / / / / / / /

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Man I wish I could do that. Parents would flip out. Maybe one day. For now I'm just kinda stuck staring at the raids from a longing distance.
    Aww that's a shame. Everyone I've met so far has been really nice and there've been plenty of girls too. But I get why your parents wouldn't want you meeting up with strangers... does that include us? XD

I have a group at uni going which is cool. Just saw a Zapdos pop up!!! Trying to get enough people to go get it right now xD
    GCEA

Aww that's a shame. Everyone I've met so far has been really nice and there've been plenty of girls too. But I get why your parents wouldn't want you meeting up with strangers... does that include us? XD

I have a group at uni going which is cool. Just saw a Zapdos pop up!!! Trying to get enough people to go get it right now xD
    Send me a Zapdos....I need one.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah actually it does. There's a reason I've never met a friend from the internet before. It's why I eagerly await getting my own car so I can meet people halfway. Also trying to work on my parents on letting me spend a semester in Melbourne. So far the only obstacle is that if I choose to become a double major I have to spend a semester in Spain which means no semester in Australia. Otherwise my mom is totally onboard with Australia being my semester abroad location.
    / / / / / / / /

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yeah actually it does. There's a reason I've never met a friend from the internet before. It's why I eagerly await getting my own car so I can meet people halfway. Also trying to work on my parents on letting me spend a semester in Melbourne. So far the only obstacle is that if I choose to become a double major I have to spend a semester in Spain which means no semester in Australia. Otherwise my mom is totally onboard with Australia being my semester abroad location.
    Ah I see. Yeah it can seem pretty scary to other generations or people who don't talk to others on the internet themselves, but I know people online better than I know most people IRL xD I've met quite a few people and it's always been awesome. But I would still be careful not to go alone or to dangerous places if I was meeting a group.

That'd be awesome if you could come to Australia! Will you sneak out and meet up with Xanthe, Jacob, Gem and I anyway? XD Spain sounds pretty fun too though!

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Send me a Zapdos....I need one.
    We beat Zapdos but I didn't catch it :( Thankfully it's a LOT closer to the screen than Moltres was. @_@ So it's WAY easier to hit!!!
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Ah I see. Yeah it can seem pretty scary to other generations or people who don't talk to others on the internet themselves, but I know people online better than I know most people IRL xD I've met quite a few people and it's always been awesome. But I would still be careful not to go alone or to dangerous places if I was meeting a group.

That'd be awesome if you could come to Australia! Will you sneak out and meet up with Xanthe, Jacob, Gem and I anyway? XD Spain sounds pretty fun too though!
    Yeah, I can understand why my parents are worried. Quite candidly, since I have known most of you for what like three years now, I suspect you're not anyone dangerous but sex trafficking and other things like that increasingly are done through the internet so I probably wouldn't feel safe meeting people I had met less than a year ago.

Well if I studied in Melbourne, my parents wouldn't be with me so I'd be able to pretty much do what I wanted within reason. I already talked to Xanthe and she said the university I was looking at was like 20 minutes from Melbourne so maybe I could take a bus or something to meet up with you guys.
    / / / / / / / /