Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon GO Club

Administrator

Spoofing? You mean like the ones that play the game and can teleport around? Well make another section for it in the Discord called "air drop." So those needing extra help, but can't get anyone to join. Someone can just quickly jump on and help. My Discord has that too and we just call it "air drop." Most people don't seem to care though.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Spoofing? You mean like the ones that play the game and can teleport around? Well make another section for it in the Discord called "air drop." So those needing extra help, but can't get anyone to join. Someone can just quickly jump on and help. My Discord has that too and we just call it "air drop." Most people don't seem to care though.
    We discussed that but we have a bunch of pansies that are like "It's the worst terms of service violation you can ever make." Like, I just mentioned spoofing, I didn't say I was spoofing, didn't say I was considering spoofing, I just mentioned the word and got attacked.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yeah spoofing is considered to be cheating by most people and REALLY looked down on.

Back before this update sppofers would hold all the gyms and regular players couldn't get in cos they would just take it straight back and pile in a bunch of Blissey that they only got by sppofing around to rare Pokemon spawns. It made the game really hard for anyone not cheating. :( So most people don't like spoofing. Though many have relaxed a bit about spoofing to raids in unpopulated areas where they otherwise wouldn't be able to get enough people.

I think you're supposed to go out and do stuff not sit at home and cheat though haha! xD It takes the fun out of the game if you get everything too easily, I reckon. There is often a long time before new features, you're not supposed to get all the rare Pokemon at once or you'll run out of stuff to do. I don't care if people cheat on single player games if that's how they like to play but it's really unfair on multiplayer games where non-cheaters have to try and keep up.
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

No, you're missing the point. I just brought up the word. Like I get spoofing is wrong and all but I, the person who founded the server, got jumped because I mentioned the word. Literally, I was told that if I didn't have the time to dedicate to Pokémon Go that I had to resort to spoofing that I should play one of the thousands of other games out there. That's not okay. One of the guys did it again tonight when someone asked if we were gonna do scanner bots. Lots of discord servers have them so people can properly coordinate raids so it's not uncommon. I'm implementing a rules channel soon that will clearly state that while spoofing is not allowed, do not get into arguments with people about the use of bots or spoofing. It's supposed to be a peaceful server and if at two days old we're already having issues I'm stopping this right now.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well after having completely rotten luck getting the legendary birds, I caught my first legendary today, Raikou! And apparently it's got some of the best IVs.

I ended up changing its charged move from Thunderbolt to Thunder and if I can I plan to switch out Volt Switch for Thundershock but overall this guy is really good!
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Pretty much everything you get from a Raid battle will have one GOOD or near Perfect IVs. It'll always have on that's "best." I dunno....I wanna keep working on catching Pikachu, but I also wanna start catching Raikou. What to do...

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Actually, what you get from a raid isn't guaranteed to be good. Legendaries I've found generally are, but when I took down an exeggutor the other day, one of my friends helped me with it and his was like... not very good stat wise. So it's very much up to random chance. I've just gotten lucky. I know my quilava from a raid a while back is like second tier stat wise?
    / / / / / / / /

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Raid Pokemon will have IVs from 66-100% or something like that, the same as Pokemon that hatch from an egg. So you have a good chance at getting good ones but still no guarantees.

Congrats on the awesome Raikou, Noble!!!
    GCEA

Administrator

Then I've just been lucky xD. My brother got really lucky today. He went for Raikou and it's 98% in its IVs. So he got really lucky. I'm gonna have a go at it tomorrow if I get a chance. Something else takes priority though tomorrow

Well I've caught a total of 3 Raikou now, but none with perfect IVs. Just one perfect IV on each
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 09-04-2017 at 11:22 PM.

The time is upon us...

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I've caught 3 out of 8 Suicune that I've beaten. My bf has caught 0/9!!! And he hits them every time with Great throws and Curve Balls. it's crazy! I luckily caught mine on like the first ball twice. Hopefully he can get one before they rotate xD
    GCEA