Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Desolate Vlog (Check out if you like REAL Australian Accents...)

Been thinking a lot recently how I want to do a bit more film making and one idea I had was to do a vlog. So tonight after uni I filmed my first clip. Fairly simple, but here it is, and expect more of these (and less blogs).

Granted the editing is some of my worst. It is nearly midnight (though much earlier than I thought I'd be done), and I just wanted to get this done. The mic is new and I am still figuring out how to use it without it hissing, and have had to put a blanket effect over the audio to hide that, however it presents itself with new problems. And my current lighting setup is horrendous, and the moire on my jacket has taught me never to wear that on video again. But hey, I'm happy with how this came out.

So here it is.

Vlog #1: Real

@Desolate Divine Thank you for sharing this vlog, Jacob. :) I watched it and I didn't understand much of it, but it's not your fault that I still have a lot to learn in English. Sorry about that. :/ Your office looks nice, though! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

You did a great job at speaking! Especially without a script! I didn't notice any of the issues you mentioned at all. (I read the rest of your post after watching.)

Your office is so cool, I love the Eeveelution shelf! What are you doing with all those light globes? xD
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    @Desolate Divine Thank you for sharing this vlog, Jacob. :) I watched it and I didn't understand much of it, but it's not your fault that I still have a lot to learn in English. Sorry about that. :/ Your office looks nice, though! :)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    You did a great job at speaking! Especially without a script! I didn't notice any of the issues you mentioned at all. (I read the rest of your post after watching.)

Your office is so cool, I love the Eeveelution shelf! What are you doing with all those light globes? xD
    Cheers! I have gotten a lot better in the last year. It started after I started doing announcements at youth group, then MCing nights and eventually preaching. I'm surprised at how much it helped.

I guess I am just highly critical of myself especially since I know I could put in a lot more effort than I did. Next time haha.

Cheers. The eeveelutions are a funny story. My mate and I set a limit of $40 on Christmas gifts. He went a little over and I had no room at home to store them!

The light globes are for youth group. We have these power leads with ten light fittings on each, that plug into 240V so i use them with it and it makes for a really cool warm atmosphere.

Senior Moderator

Not a Vlog, but some video I organized and edited using the same setup I'll be using for my vlog. So yeah, this is the sorta style/standard you can expect.

SYG Promo

@Bulbasaur may interest you, since we talked about video editing and gear yesterday.

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Wow look at you go with your multiple camera angles! It looks really good Jacob! :) Very professional.
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Wow look at you go with your multiple camera angles! It looks really good Jacob! :) Very professional.
    Cheers Sarah!

Planning on making a Q and A video as the Vlog for this week, and need questions, so feel free to submit some here!
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Cleobel @Rival Max @Suicune's Fire @Bulbasaur @Noblejanobii @Chibi Altaria

8. This post has been liked by:

Awesome idea, Jacob! :)

What are your favourite Australian slang words and what do they mean? @Desolate Divine

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Where's your favourite place in the world?
    GCEA

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    MOST EMBARRASSING MOMENT. XD

Okay, okay. Maybe not. :p But I'd love a good funny story if you can tell one.

rephrase it into a question