Page 29 of 39 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    @LKWayvern @Neo Emolga @Suicune's Fire

I've left a less than friendly response. I'll be banning any people who leave unconstructive comments like these. If you've got nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all. I'm banning them from PRS for extra measure. I don't have any tolerance for this BS attitude.

"Every page of this comic is done by a different member of the PXR community. Some of our participants have barely done any art before their lives and are beginners. Some of the members have done comics before but most are new. This is a for-fun comic to get practice and just make a story.

People like you only discourage people from stepping out of their comfort zone to try to learn to draw. Do you think the people who draw your favorite comics were always great? No. Most start at the same place as everyone else. And it's people like you that prevent the less experienced artists get the confidence they need to continue and improve over time.

You should be ashamed of yourself. "

2. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Good teamwork guys. :) YOU DESTROYED THAT NOOB!

In other news...
    Wow we you made it to the end of chapter one?! That's awesome. You guys are so great! I don't think many communities would be able to work so well together. Also shoutout to unsung hero @Nekomata for doing such a great job keeping everything organised! :)

Also can I just say I love all the Pokemon introduced so far! It's great to see such a wide range of different ones making an appearance. I am especially loving the bad guys! xD
    GCEA

4. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    @LKWayvern @Neo Emolga @Suicune's Fire

I've left a less than friendly response. I'll be banning any people who leave unconstructive comments like these. If you've got nothing constructive to say, don't say anything at all. I'm banning them from PRS for extra measure. I don't have any tolerance for this BS attitude.

"Every page of this comic is done by a different member of the PXR community. Some of our participants have barely done any art before their lives and are beginners. Some of the members have done comics before but most are new. This is a for-fun comic to get practice and just make a story.

People like you only discourage people from stepping out of their comfort zone to try to learn to draw. Do you think the people who draw your favorite comics were always great? No. Most start at the same place as everyone else. And it's people like you that prevent the less experienced artists get the confidence they need to continue and improve over time.

You should be ashamed of yourself. "
    Now that is the PERFECT response.

Like you said, everyone has different styles, different experience levels, different tools, and different ideas on how to get things done. But the thing that matters most with this is everyone is trying. Everyone is pushing themselves to learn and become better at art and comics, and everyone is helping to push this along as a true team effort. It's turning out really well and I swear it has never once been boring or disappointing. It's got a heck of an interesting storyline and I love how these characters are developing while new ones are always being introduced. And everyone has pitched in their own creavity and skill to make it possible.

If these trolls can't understand that, then yeah, they really have no business commenting on it, especially if they're not even trying to help provide guidance or tips on ways to improve. You don't do that to people who want to learn and are trying to break out of their comfort zone. People don't get awesome at art overnight. It's a LONG journey as many of us know firsthand, but we're doing it together and we're having a heck of a lot of fun with it. Be a guide, not a judge. Be a teacher, not a critic. A healthy passion needs time and space to grow into awesomeness, and everyone will get there as long as they keep trying, keep exploring, and keep creating.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

It took every last nerve in my body not to end my comment with the f bomb but jesus christ after the now edited comment on the last page I'm just the tiniest bit angry. Like, I don't know if y'all saw the other comment because that sucker edited it as soon as I went after him, but it's a good thing I took a screenshot of it.

I just don't understand what they gain from this kind of derogatory commentary.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

7. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Good teamwork guys. :) YOU DESTROYED THAT NOOB!

In other news...
    Wow we you made it to the end of chapter one?! That's awesome. You guys are so great! I don't think many communities would be able to work so well together. Also shoutout to unsung hero @Nekomata for doing such a great job keeping everything organised! :)

Also can I just say I love all the Pokemon introduced so far! It's great to see such a wide range of different ones making an appearance. I am especially loving the bad guys! xD
    Yee! One chapter done! In fact- PMDXR's first birthday is on Sunday! I think it's impressive that we got an entire chapter done within the first year. I've got a little event planned for it too! It'll be a small thing, but hopefully everyone enjoys it. It'll go up on Sunday. In the meantime I'll probably create another thread or two based on discussion in the feedback thread.

And it's a pleasure to manage this project. It's not like I do all that much other than flail and point at someone and yell "YOUR TURN", but it's still nice to be involved and be vaguely useful for once. XD Here's hoping for many more chapters and years ahead!

---
    @Neo Emolga @Noblejanobii

Exactly, Neo. There is no 'end' to learning how to create art. We're all striving to improve and some of us are further along than others. There's nothing wrong with that. PMDXR has been a very interesting project so far and everyone has contributed their own touch to things. That's what makes this so unique and fun to partake in. I wouldn't have it any other way.

And yeah, Noble. I saw that. I was gonna reply, but I -would- have dropped an F-Bomb. And sadly, since they're guested I can't just ban them. It's frustrating that such idiots exist.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I just don't understand what they gain from this kind of derogatory commentary.
    They're trolling, and they're thinking by putting others down, it will give them leverage of power and control over them. And yep, you see it everywhere, unfortunately. The thing to do is not to feed it with anger, because these kinds of people love seeing the anger and frustration of others. They want to see you get distracted and discouraged from what you originally set out to do. Don't give them that satisfaction.

Turn anger into energy and determination, and drive that toward working to get better and better. Someone thought your work was crap? What a pity on them because they won't be ready at all for the day you're more awesome at art than they will be. While they waste their time and energy putting others down, you're learning, you're training, and you're improving. And then maybe one day when they see how much you've improved and how much they haven't, suddenly it'll be an "oh s***" moment for them because only then will they realize how much time and energy they've wasted and how drastically the tables have turned. Work and fight for that.

Grow, achieve, and live well. Now that's the best type of revenge. ;3

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    They're trolling, and they're thinking by putting others down, it will give them leverage of power and control over them. And yep, you see it everywhere, unfortunately. The thing to do is not to feed it with anger, because these kinds of people love seeing the anger and frustration of others. They want to see you get distracted and discouraged from what you originally set out to do. Don't give them that satisfaction.

Turn anger into energy and determination, and drive that toward working to get better and better. Someone thought your work was crap? What a pity on them because they won't be ready at all for the day you're more awesome at art than they will be. While they waste their time and energy putting others down, you're learning, you're training, and you're improving. And then maybe one day when they see how much you've improved and how much they haven't, suddenly it'll be an "oh s***" moment for them because only then will they realize how much time and energy they've wasted and how drastically the tables have turned. Work and fight for that.

Grow, achieve, and live well. Now that's the best type of revenge. ;3
    I showed one of my artist friends that and she was like "I got comments like that at the beginning of my comic too and I took revenge by getting good. Also with sarcasm."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

LMAO did y'all get that PM from the LittleGamer person? XD "You all deserve hell" yeah cool bro. Funny how we get called rude for defending someone she insulted and apparently she's the victim now? xD Okay, maybe use your brain next time before commenting your nasty opinion?

IF this happens next time, I suggest we delete the comment and message the person in private to prevent another public scene. And we should have a tagline specifying that it's a community comic with a variety of artists who have different levels of experience in the author's comment each time we make a page so that nobody has this excuse again.

I think we may have gone overboard, but hey, at least we stuck together as a team. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    LMAO did y'all get that PM from the LittleGamer person? XD "You all deserve hell" yeah cool bro. Funny how we get called rude for defending someone she insulted and apparently she's the victim now? xD Okay, maybe use your brain next time before commenting your nasty opinion?

IF this happens next time, I suggest we delete the comment and message the person in private to prevent another public scene. And we should have a tagline specifying that it's a community comic with a variety of artists who have different levels of experience in the author's comment each time we make a page so that nobody has this excuse again.

I think we may have gone overboard, but hey, at least we stuck together as a team. Lol.
    I got the message too. So did Janobii. xD Found it more funny than anything.

And yes, it definitely went overboard, but I'd rather stick up for friends than sit back and ignore it. I've deleted some of these in the past, but enough is enough sometimes. I'll create a page to go at the start of the comic explaining the project and whatnot.

---

Also guys, go join the cover collab thread. There's like two of us who've tossed in any ideas. The more the merrier!

13. This post has been liked by:

Yeah, I got the message too.