Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Switch

Hey!

With Nintendo's Switch on the horizon, I'm wondering how you are all feeling about it? Are you excited about it? Does it not catch your interest? Are you mutual toward it? Personally, I'm extremely excited for it. Although I felt their presentation on the 12th could've been a tad bit better, Super Mario Odyssey definitely caught my interest and I nearly shed tears after watching that epic Breath of the Wild trailer. I'll be getting one.

Will you?
    Last edited by Soups; 01-16-2017 at 06:07 AM.
    τι ζωή

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I seriously hope I have a job by March.

But yeah, this does seem pretty awesome and I never did get a Wii-U. I love the fact it's portable AND you can play on the big screen. Kudos to the guys who came up with that idea, because that rocks.

I'm not too familiar with the titles that are coming out for it, but if it has Mario Kart and Smash Bros, that already sells it for me.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I am intrigued by it. It looks interesting and whether I get it will probably depend on whether they release any must-have Pokemon games for it! Never got around to buying a Wii-U cos there weren't enough Pokemon games to make it worthwhile xD
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I seriously hope I have a job by March.

But yeah, this does seem pretty awesome and I never did get a Wii-U. I love the fact it's portable AND you can play on the big screen. Kudos to the guys who came up with that idea, because that rocks.

I'm not too familiar with the titles that are coming out for it, but if it has Mario Kart and Smash Bros, that already sells it for me.
    Right? It's brilliant. It'll be interesting to see how greater the games will be moving forward since I'm almost sure Nintendo will be combining it's console staff and handheld staff from here on out. By doing that, they can develop for the Switch only rather than develop for both the Wii U and 3DS (which is what led to gaming droughts).

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe releases for the Switch on April 28th. New characters, new tracks (I believe so?), and a Battle Mode! I'm sure Smash is on the horizon, albeit a port. They'll have to, considering just how big the Smash community is and the #'s it produced for the Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I am intrigued by it. It looks interesting and whether I get it will probably depend on whether they release any must-have Pokemon games for it! Never got around to buying a Wii-U cos there weren't enough Pokemon games to make it worthwhile xD
    At the moment, I've only heard rumors of Pokemon Stars, which is the third installment to Sun/Moon. If the rumors are true, and they have a strong backing, I'm sure it'll be amazing!
    τι ζωή

Administrator

I'm really looking forward to the Switch! I'm still debating on whether to get it on day 1 or not. I'm really hoping to see some big Pokémon games on it this time. Including another Pokken Tournament. Maybe a main series Pokémon game or even a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game!

Other than that, other titles like Breath of the Wild look really amazing! The Mario and Splatoon 2 games looks awesome too!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

6. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the Switch! I'm still debating on whether to get it on day 1 or not. I'm really hoping to see some big Pokémon games on it this time. Including another Pokken Tournament. Maybe a main series Pokémon game or even a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game!

Other than that, other titles like Breath of the Wild look really amazing! The Mario and Splatoon 2 games looks awesome too!
    As I was telling Sarah above, I've heard loads of rumors regarding Pokemon Stars - the third installment to Sun/Moon. If the rumors are true, it'll be the first mainline Pokemon game on a console, which is major in itself.

Zelda and Mario look fabulous, and although I've never played Splatoon, I plan to give Splatoon 2 a try this Summer!
    τι ζωή

8. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Maybe a main series Pokémon game or even a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game!
    *Quivers and shakes at how utterly awesome and epic that would be.*

10. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    As I was telling Sarah above, I've heard loads of rumors regarding Pokemon Stars - the third installment to Sun/Moon. If the rumors are true, it'll be the first mainline Pokemon game on a console, which is major in itself.

Zelda and Mario look fabulous, and although I've never played Splatoon, I plan to give Splatoon 2 a try this Summer!
    Oh, I've heard the rumors. I'm just hoping it's true AND that there's more to it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    *Quivers and shakes at how utterly awesome and epic that would be.*
    Wouldn't it? I mean the Wii virtual console PMD never made it here (for good reasons I hear), but just imagine a fully rendered 3D world in compete HD and a story 4x as big as the ones on the 3DS. Maybe even a darker story than the 3DS can handle. Even smoother as better effects and graphics. Hey, everything they've said about main series Pokémon games is null and void with the Switch. It's portable. So side games could even join it!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I already made a thread for this... xD I am excited nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    I already made a thread for this... xD I am excited nonetheless.
    You and I both!
    τι ζωή

14. This post has been liked by: