Thread: Don't Forget Me

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Don't Forget Me

The following is an excerpt from my latest story in development titled "Syza"...
    Enjoy.

Throw me to the wolves and I'll return leading the pack...

And boy did he throw me.

What was it like? You know... being a human? By now, I had long forgotten. And it's not like I wanted to. I had to. Adaptation was the key to my survival. If I didn't move as they moved or did as they did, I would've been a corpse long ago. And who wants to be a corpse? I know I sure as hell didn't. So, I adapted.

Absol aren't the friendliest Pokemon either. In fact, they're quite aggressive in nature. A few nights ago, I found myself in need of a meal... and boy was it difficult to retrieve one. Every attempt I made to capture a stray Zigzagoon or a lonely, unsuspecting Minun was foiled by a fellow Absol from the Pack. And they were so unforgiving. "Survival of the Fittest" wasn't just a collection of tough words around here. It was a lifestyle... and if you didn't recognize that quickly enough, well... let's just say those that didn't weren't so lucky.

"Syza's back!"

Oh, how I hated to hear that...

Ryder had me under a microscope, or I was convinced he did at the very least. He never failed to announce my return from my evening hunts. I don't know why he did it. Jealousy, perhaps? I wasn't too shabby of a hunter. I caught on quite fast, so I would typically return with an unusual amount of prey. That, in and of itself, caught the attention of the Pack. They weren't too fond of my skills either. When I first arrived, they wasted no time in attempting to bully me out of my rewards. However, Ryder was quick to put an end to that. So, maybe it wasn't jealousy. Maybe he just enjoyed frustrating the hell out of me. I don't know.

"Really, Ry? Every night?"

Days turned into months and months into years. I had fully forgotten what it was to be a human. However, I was sure to never forget that I was one. I can't lie. I enjoyed being an Absol. While it had its negatives, it definitely had its positives as well. But I couldn't forget what he had done... how he destroyed my identity...

...my purpose...

I missed them... my family. My friends. I often wondered if they had missed me. The uncertainty was daunting. It killed me inside. I needed answers. I wanted answers.

And so I had decided.

It was answers I was going to get.
    τι ζωή

2. This post has been liked by: