Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    She's using emotional abuse on you. Don't buy it. It's been done to me before and usually those using it are trying to leverage emotional control over their friends (victims really). I'll admit, it freaked me out too the first time I encountered it and I just dropped everything and did exactly what they wanted to my own detriment. I became like their personal servant because I didn't want to be even partially responsible if they really went ahead with killing themselves. Bad idea. Once that happened, then whenever some little thing didn't go their way, they then tried it again several times. After that I said enough is enough and that's where I cut things off because I had with them. Turns out they didn't ever kill themselves.

Tell her to call a suicide hotline (1-800-273-8255) if she's really serious about it and leave it at that. Let that be your final word to her and don't try to extinguish the fires she's created because that's not your job. Let those suicide hotline operators handle it because they're the experts on talking people out of it, so don't attempt to try it yourself if she's seriously considering it. And don't do what she says now that she's thrown this at you because that's exactly what she wants. You owe it to yourself not to let yourself slink back into this abusive "friendship" with her because at this point, it will only be one-sided in her favor.

I still think you should cut off contact, because this will do nothing but cause ongoing stress on you for however long it lasts. It happened to me and I don't want to see it happen to you because that's not a fun road to be on. I know, you don't want to be apathetic in case she really is serious, but don't surrender to her either and stand your ground. If she's serious, then all you can do is tell her to make that call, and that's all that can really be expected out of you. She needs serious psychological help from a professional, and that's not something you can attempt to do yourself because that may only make things worse. It's far better if someone not personally involved in the situation talked to her.
    Yeah, I just talked with my sister about this and I'm going to cut off contact. Right now I'm trying to write a final message. I didn't want to cut off contact before because it didn't seem like she was being "mean enough" to warrant that but I can't deal with this...It's not the first time I've been blamed for something horrible like this and the first time I stayed too long. It's time to leave.

I can see now this is a case of "You're the cause of all my problems so you need to do exactly what I want or else it'll get worse and it'll be your fault." I'm not doing that again. I'm done. It's time to end this.

2. This post has been liked by:

Well, after thinking it through for a day, I wrote what I wanted to write and my final message to Sally is ready to go. I'll send it in a few hours.

To my surprise, today Sally had sent me a message apologizing for her 'outburst' (but of course...not for...blaming me). And told me she needed to "talk things out with me" about my story and that working it out "could take a long time."

No.

I am not going to talk about how my story is all wrong with someone who thinks their anguish is my fault. In my message I told her she needs to find someone else to talk about that with. Not me. If it were any other problem, I would help. But I can't put myself through this. I admitted some things to her that I hadn't before (not in any detail of course, but just that I had had a really traumatic experience in the past with someone blaming me for similar things, and that this thing with my story was undoing a lot of the progress I'd made in trying to overcome that) and that I just couldn't do it. I tried to be as nice as possible. Sally may have blamed me but she was never super mean about it.

But I want friends who like to spend time with me and see me as a positive thing in their life. Sally clearly isn't that.

But yeah...if she thinks I/my story is the problem, it's time to back out. I hope it all goes well. I guess I'll see tomorrow.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Scytherwolf Having read the posts, I think Neo is correct and you have definitely done the right thing. Sally really needs help and there's no point letting her drag you down with her. Stay strong! :) Maybe this will be the wake up call she needs to get help.
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    @Scytherwolf Having read the posts, I think Neo is correct and you have definitely done the right thing. Sally really needs help and there's no point letting her drag you down with her. Stay strong! :) Maybe this will be the wake up call she needs to get help.
    Thank you, Sarah. ^-^ This has been super stressful for me. So far she hasn't tried to contact me with other accounts or anything, so I think it'll be okay.

I feel bad about blocking her, but well, I think I did all I could. I said I was willing to help her with any problems other than this thing about my story, but that wasn't enough. I'm really sad this happened. All I did was write a story. I didn't mean to cause anything like this.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

This is technically a rant from Thursday but I've been so stressed I've barely been online as a result of this.

So my first batch of classes was this past Wednesday and Thursday. Go to my third class on Thursday in a decent mood and the professor essentially instilled the fear of God in my class. I spoke with her yesterday and as much as I really want to take the class because the field is super interesting to me, she wasn't kidding when she said it was going to be the hardest class I'd ever taken. I'm super upset that I probably won't get to take it but that isn't even the worst part. Since I dropped the class, in order to keep my scholarship while I study abroad next semester, I had to pick up another three hour class, and OF COURSE the only one open that fulfills the same credit is an 8 AM. And I already missed the first class since they met this past Thursday. I met with the professor of this class yesterday, and he seems nice enough, but I'm worried. I don't do well in morning classes, and not only is this an 8 AM, but it's also a quantitative methods class, AKA math. I'm worried I won't do well but I don't have any other options. I've tried begging for some overrides for other classes but no one will budge. So it looks like I'm stuck.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    This is technically a rant from Thursday but I've been so stressed I've barely been online as a result of this.

So my first batch of classes was this past Wednesday and Thursday. Go to my third class on Thursday in a decent mood and the professor essentially instilled the fear of God in my class. I spoke with her yesterday and as much as I really want to take the class because the field is super interesting to me, she wasn't kidding when she said it was going to be the hardest class I'd ever taken. I'm super upset that I probably won't get to take it but that isn't even the worst part. Since I dropped the class, in order to keep my scholarship while I study abroad next semester, I had to pick up another three hour class, and OF COURSE the only one open that fulfills the same credit is an 8 AM. And I already missed the first class since they met this past Thursday. I met with the professor of this class yesterday, and he seems nice enough, but I'm worried. I don't do well in morning classes, and not only is this an 8 AM, but it's also a quantitative methods class, AKA math. I'm worried I won't do well but I don't have any other options. I've tried begging for some overrides for other classes but no one will budge. So it looks like I'm stuck.
    I say stick with the 8AM class. I did this with a macroeconomics course to get a better professor. He made class interesting, had a good sense of humor, fair grader, and it definitely felt like I learned things.

WORTH IT.

Believe me when I say you get used to waking up early as long as you make sure you go to bed early (not trying to sound like a parent, but you don't want to hate yourself in the morning if you cheat on your sleep). Heck, I wake up at 5:30AM in the morning so I can get dressed, eat breakfast, feed my bunnies, and be ready to go to leave at work at 6:30 and be there at 7AM. Now I even automatically wake up that early even on weekends. It does mean I need my butt in bed at 10PM though. Coffee helps a bit too when it comes to mornings. In a few weeks, it'll feel normal and you won't even think about how early you're waking up.

For the Quantitative Methods class, only recommendation I can make is try to stay on top of it as much as possible. I know just about everyone hates math, but if it's a required class you need to take, there's no sense in trying to fight it. If it doesn't make sense immediately, ask questions. Don't nod your head pretending like you understand or believing it'll make sense later. The odds of that happening are too rare to rely on it. Bring it up during class because losing your chance to get clarification then and now will burn you later. And take notes out like crazy (if it means photographing blackboards or whiteboards with your phone, have at it). If you think you need a tutor or to see the professor outside of class to get things explained on a personal level, do it. Don't wait until a final exam to wish you had done these things. Doing this made the difference between me passing my Quantitative Methods class versus failing the hell out of it. Trust me when I say it was the only time I was happy to get a D-. And sure, this advice may help with most classes, but I know math needs so many extra levels of care because of how insane it can get sometimes. But it's possible to understand it, you just need to really dig to find which way works best for you and to go the extra distance if you need to.

With this other class, if she comes off like that on day one, don't do it. Run for the hills. There were classes I thought would be "interesting" and they actually made me hate the subject because the class was so hard and ended up as the Bane of the Semester (it seems like every semester involved having at least one of these). Some professors might even think this "warning" justifies them being a hard grader or excuses them to dump an obscene amount of work on everyone's lap. You don't want to deal with that, because then it even starts hurting your other classes if so much extra time and energy needs to be devoted to this one.

All I can say at this point is best of luck and I hope you pull through this and kick butt.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I don't know why anyone likes me anymore.

Nowadays I don't really have any friends so I'm trying to make some. I think the reason I can't is just cause I come off as a jerk. And I think there's some truth to that.

Life's getting extremely boring. I don't really have fun with things as much anymore. I ate one meal today, and I usually eat more than I should. I think my mental health is deteriorating. And at this point, maybe I deserve it.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post

Nowadays I don't really have any friends so I'm trying to make some. I think the reason I can't is just cause I come off as a jerk. And I think there's some truth to that.

Life's getting extremely boring. I don't really have fun with things as much anymore. I ate one meal today, and I usually eat more than I should. I think my mental health is deteriorating. And at this point, maybe I deserve it.
    I don't think anyone 'deserves' bad things, unless maybe they intentionally do things to hurt others, which it doesn't sound like you're doing. I also have problems making friends, so...we're in the same boat. XD As for not having fun with things, maybe try learning a new hobby? Or just trying to do something fun for a while, and if that doesn't work, try another thing? I'm sure your motivation will come back, sometimes it just takes some work and time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post

Poor Eric-saur. :/ I'm sorry to hear that you can't make friends, that your life is getting boring, that you don't have fun with things as much anymore, that you're having eating issues and that your mental health is deteriorating.
    You're definitely not a jerk. The people who call you a jerk are the real jerks. You're a kind and supportive friend, you're an awesome PXR member, you're a great Pokemon player and a great Cards Against Humanity player, and you're also a very talented person, as you proved it during the PXR Winter Carnival and PXFIRE. :)
    It's also difficult for me to make new friends, but it's easier for me to make friends online than in real life. Good luck with making new friends. I hope you will be able to make some friends soon.
    Have you been shiny hunting lately? The PXRSH will be over in a few days and finding another shiny might help you feel better, especially if you find it before the PXRSH ends.
    You don't deserve to suffer, Eric. I really hope you will get better soon. I wish I could help you. I'm here for you if you need me.

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

So for the first time today my car didn't start. After work, I drove home, showered, spent an hour there, then a mate came around, and we went to the shops.

We got the stuff we were after then went to go home and the car wouldn't start. A few minutes later I got it going, but it wasn't good.

I'm gonna get my mate to look at it, but I really hope it is just a once off thing, or at least something cheap and easy to fix.