Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Cleobel Sending you lots of hugs!!! Sometimes it helps to let it all out but sometimes it just makes you feel more tired. I hope today is a better day for you. We're all here for you if you need us!
    GCEA

2. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    You're not a burden! Though I'm sorry to hear things have been so bad lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    @Cleobel Sending you lots of hugs!!! Sometimes it helps to let it all out but sometimes it just makes you feel more tired. I hope today is a better day for you. We're all here for you if you need us!
    Thank you for your support, Neo and Sarah. I really appreciate it. :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Today was a terrible day because my throat got worse again. :/ I was just sitting down, playing some FFXIV, and suddenly it really hurt to swallow. Then I was coughing and gagging and my throat felt swollen and lumpy and started to ache. This lasted a good half hour before it eased off a bit. The doctors here are useless for not doing more tests to find out what's wrong, while I have to sit here and suffer for months on end. Also my stomach burns from reflux, which in turn makes my throat worse. Fml I'm scheduling an appointment with yet a different doctor tomorrow. I'm sick of visits to emergency rooms also, they're no help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    Today was a terrible day because my throat got worse again. :/ I was just sitting down, playing some FFXIV, and suddenly it really hurt to swallow. Then I was coughing and gagging and my throat felt swollen and lumpy and started to ache. This lasted a good half hour before it eased off a bit. The doctors here are useless for not doing more tests to find out what's wrong, while I have to sit here and suffer for months on end. Also my stomach burns from reflux, which in turn makes my throat worse. Fml I'm scheduling an appointment with yet a different doctor tomorrow. I'm sick of visits to emergency rooms also, they're no help either.
    Poor Gemma. :( That must be so painful. I'm so sorry to hear about it. I really hope the doctor you will see tomorrow will be helpful. Get well soon!

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

6. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Rant ahead.

My parents have been away since about last Wednesday or Thursday. They get home tomorrow.

Until Friday, I was home by myself, then my brother came over for the rest of it. And honestly, he has been a pain in the a**. What I mean is this. He is 18. He expects to be treated like an adult, but is just too damn irresponsible and has no sense of anything but himself.

Exhibit A: The dog.
    She is supposed to get fed at about 7pm. About 200g of chicken necks. When we buy a packet, one of us (usually me) weighs the packet out into freezer bags and freezes them. Each night, she gets a packet and a packet is pulled out of the freezer for the next night.

Friday I went out at about midday, and got home at about 11pm. "Has the dog been fed?" "I forgot."
    Saturday I was out all day, and home for an hour at about five or so, before leaving for Xanthe's Birthday Party. I got home at midnight. "Has the dog been fed?" "No." "Can you do it?" "After I finish my pizza." He then proceeds to finish his pizza, forget to feed her, and go to bed. At 1:30 before I go to bed I realize he hasn't fed her, and feed her then, just before bed, however am exhausted and forget to get the next nights chicken necks out.
    Last night I get home at 9pm, absolutely exhausted and forget to ask him if he has fed the dog. He goes to bed at about midnight and at near 2am, I decide to go to bed. I look over at the dog and realize he has probably forgotten to feed her, so wake him up and ask him. Sure enough he has forgotten. I go to the fridge and there are no chicken necks. I manage to find half a bowl worth of dry food and give her that, and I have never seen her eat so quickly in my life.

Every one of those nights (except the Friday) I told him to make sure he feeds the dog. And every one of those nights he didn't.

Exhibit B: The state of the house. Before he arrived, the worst there was was a couple of empty glasses and whiskey cans, and a few dishes in the sink. Currently from where I sit, I now see three pizza boxes, and some cake box, four slurpee cups, and their lids and straws scattered around the kitchen, an empty box of Krispy Kremes, his laptop bag, some coins and a few cushions scattered across the floor, and dirty plates. And an empty milk carton. The bathroom is atrocious, as he seems to think his clothes will magically disappear and reappear clean in his draw, and that the towels will hang themselves up, or at least dry when they are in a crumpled heap on the floor.

My mum and stepdad get home tomorrow. We both have work, and they'll get home before us. I tidied up my mess two hours ago, and the house is still unfit for human habitation. At 10pm, I went to his room and told him that he needs to tidy his mess up tonight. He said there isn't much and that it's only 10pm (he starts work at 7:30 tomorrow morning), which makes me think he is going to do a half a**ed job of cleaning up, which means my parents will get home and instantly be in a foul mood.It's 10:30 and he hasn't even began. So honestly, if I leave for work tomorrow and the house is still a dump, I'm texting my parents and telling them that I told him to tidy up, and to expect the worst. I am not bailing him out.

Honestly, the biggest problem is his gaming. He works, gets home and does nothing but play XBox, PC, PS4, or watch Netflix or YouTube. He needs to get his head out of the f***ing clouds and start acting like an adult. Honestly, he wonders why Mum wants him to stay with my Nanna when I can't be here whilst they're away. Yet I reckon if I weren't here, the dog would have starved, and we'd have all come back to find a rodent problem.

I mean Jesus, last night he asked me to get the pizza from the door, because he felt ashamed to see the pizza delivery guy since he had gotten pizza the last three nights in a row instead of heating up microwave meals...

I'm fairly relaxed towards gaming (unlike my mum who hates it) but after seeing how he just refuses to do anything else, I want to put a f***ing baseball bat to ever console and screen in that room of his...

UPDATE: 11pm and the house is still atrocious...

UPDATE: 11:15 and he has now come out. Let's see how good a job he does...
    Last edited by [Desolate Divine]; 02-12-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Chibi Altaria :( I hope the doctor's appointment went well today. I'm crossing my fingers for you. Surely someone has to take it seriously soon!!! @_@
    @Desolate Divine My brother is similar but not even that bad and it still drives me crazy xD Definitely the right thing to let him get in trouble with your parents if he doesn't clean up. Let us know how it goes xD
    GCEA

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah Sadly I couldn't get in until Thursday... I'm so sick of this, I might just take the prescription antacids for a bit again to see if they help at all. It's not something I want to be on, but I can't live like this anymore. And my throat can't heal if acid keeps getting to it and making it worse. It makes everything burn and then I feel sick. :/

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    As much as I wish I could say hospitals around here in the US were better, hoo boy, they're not. They blunder just as much with pretty much everything. :(

It's really strange how this starts up randomly for no reason. I wish I had the medical knowledge to know what might be causing this, but unfortunately, I just don't. But I wish at least someone who could figure this out would get to the bottom of this for you. I think seeing a different doctor would help, though. Maybe a fresh set of eyes and knowledge can figure this out.

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Chibi Altaria I see. Well I hope it goes better tomorrow then! :( And that the antacids help if you've ended up taking them!

Ugh I agree with Neo. I wish I knew more medical stuff so I could help somehow too. You've probably searched a ton already but if you want to try google scholar, you can use it to find medical journals and stuff and see if you can find any studies relating to similar symptoms as what you've experienced. I would expect doctors to check this sort of stuff, and I don't know how much they would listen to patients who brought in info about their own diagnosis, but who knows.
    GCEA

My employees failed to meet a deadline. A very important deadline. And as their boss, I'm going to be the one who gets the flak for it. Some people will be getting laid off, that much I'm telling you.