74. Meetrin the Mantine has been murdered by the Stalkers.

Cause of Death: Falling from the 24th floor of the Brookheights School Building

At the end of the school day, all of the students, teachers, and staff came home. Except for one.

One of them never came home.

Meetrin the Mantine, the school nurse, was found lying dead in a pool of her own blood outside in the school parking lot with fragments of glass scattered about on the concrete. At first, it was believed to be an accident and that she fell out of the window from the 24th floor, but it didn't take long before the investigators uncovered the truth.

Where they found the broken window she had flung herself out of, the broken window was the least troubling thing.

"OtHErwORld. oTHErwoRLd. OtHeRwoRLd."

"They've already tasted My SOuL. They've aLreAdY VioLAteD mE."

"VioLAtEd Me."

" V̡̛̫̥̖̪̔̅ͦ́̀i̯͖̰͍̗̾̒͑ͯ̊̎͘o̐̂͘͏̟͇̖̫L̷̶̴͕̭̼͈̟͎ͥͤ͆̎ͨ̿ ̙A̿̀̋̅͌͂͏̫͠t̍̍ͣ̀͜҉̵̮̣E̸̹̝͙̝͇̙̙͙̹ͦd̘͖̖̋ͩͪͦ͢͟ ̹̌ͤ̃ͤ̇ͅm̯̩͇͎̋ͫË̬͕͈̖͍̟͈͛͟!̛̛̹̲̫̦͕ͨ͂́ͪ̔ͦ̓͝!͗̈͂̃͏҉̺͟ ̯̺͓̞̦̙͉"

Scrawl, scribbles, and written psychosis was all over the classroom walls, floor, desks, and windows in what looked like sheer, mental agony of astronomical proportions. And these were about the only things that Pormalu and Sequintia were able to read. For the other ramblings on the walls, they were only able to make out certain words and parts of words. But just from certain words like "eVerYtHinG HatEs" and "DeatH fOr ThEm," it was clear whatever was driving her to unholy mania wasn't pleasant.

"She had no history of any kind of mental issue," Yun the Carnivine told Pormalu after identifying Meetrin's body. "This... whatever this was, it wasn't her. And yet... it's her handwriting. I don't get it."

"Was she on any kind of medication at all?" Sequintia asked, wondering why there was a bottle of pills scattered about on the floor.

"Yes, but it was just for issues she had with her joints," Yun replied, still looking about the room in total shock and awe at the deranged scribbles her coworker had left before diving through the window. "She took some medication called Anrucin for the joint issues she had with her flaps. She's been on it for years, so I don't think that's what caused this. I wouldn't know if she was on anything else, though."

But Sequintia wasn't quite so sure. She couldn't help but look out the broken window to see what it must have looked like before Meetrin hurled herself to her death. When she did, she saw how far down the Mantine had plummeted before the concrete killed her. At that very moment, the crime scene investigators were taking Meetrin's body and putting it into a hovertruck to be taken to the hospital morgue. They wouldn't know what exactly drove Meetrin to psychosis until after an autopsy and toxicology report. Regardless, they knew something wasn't adding up.

"She was... a really kind Pokémon," Yun replied, looking downcast. "She just had a... way about her that would cheer anyone up. And she believed in so much more than violence. She was always one of those types that... just found ways to work things out. I know... the Stalkers are evil, but I bet even she tried her darnest to talk her way out of it. She wasn't one to fight back."

But Pormalu knew the Stalkers had no qualms about killing whoever they wanted. And usually, their victims died horribly. To the point where just dying must have been the sweetest release from such torment, fear, and pain.

He could only hope that wherever Meetrin's spirit was now, she was safe and wouldn't remember this ever happening...

Doom Tracker:
8/40