Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I'm scared of death but more of the people I love dying than dying myself.

I have a lot of fears surrounding water and the ocean. So many dreams end in me running from giant waves. xD I'm not really sure why as I've never had a bad experience really, except for when I was little and flipped over my floating ring thing in the pool. I was rescued pretty quick though and I don't remember a lot about it. xD I generally don't like being in water though, especially if I can't see the bottom.

I also have phobias of blood and needles that makes me faint. But I'm not really scared of them. :( They do make me greatly fear ever having to go to hospital or *gasp* have surgery though. I got over my fear a little while my dad was sick in the last few months as I spent whole days at the hospital where I wasn't even sure I could actually walk into one. But I still get a bit freaked out sometimes.
    GCEA

Phobia of wasps, but that's got so much better in recent years that I'm not even sure I should mention it anymore.

Rational ones... I have a mix of respect and fear of the Ocean. Although my memory of this is probably worse than the reality, I nearly drowned as a three year old in the sea. I've no problem with swimming pools or water parks though; love 'em in fact. I am however a terrible swimmer, which contributes to the fear/respect.

I also have a fear of being depressed again. For all the nostalgia I have of my first year of university, I spent a significant part of it in a bad place mentally. This is unlikely to reoccur I think/hope, as I believe that the fact that I was barely sleeping, malnourished, and frighteningly often drunk probably contributed big time. I have none of those issues anymore.
    Completing Generation III

Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    Death doesn't really scare me, it's more how I die, specifically drowning, or suffocation. I almost drowned when I was maybe six or seven at a hotel near Cedar Point (an awesome amusement park), and my Uncle saved me.

Needles scare the bejeezus out of me, or really anything that breaks the skin, I stepped on a rusty nail last summer while working and had to go and get a tetanus shot, which was bad enough, but the doc wanted to make sure that I didn't have any pieces of sock or shoe sole in my foot, I won't go into the details but I was cringing and not so much from the pain.

I also hate large crowds, I wouldn't categorize it as agoraphobia, but it's pretty close, I almost had a panic attack at the Minnesota state fair waiting in line for these amazing cookies, and I had to just give my money to my cousin and get out of there. The size of the crowd was crazy.

Oh and I have slight vertigo, and I hate heights, I've been to the Capilano Suspension Bridge in Vancouver when I was 10 or so and had a death grip on my dad's arm the whole way across.

All I can say is that facing my fears just reinforced my desire to avoid them XD.

Rejection and failure. The inevitable truth that I'll never be good enough to do what I want to do.