Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Awesome work you guys! Looking forward to seeing those threads!

I glanced over your thread and it looked good to me, Noble! I love the banner you made! I'll take a more thorough look next time I'm on my computer! :)
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Awesome work you guys! Looking forward to seeing those threads!

I glanced over your thread and it looked good to me, Noble! I love the banner you made! I'll take a more thorough look next time I'm on my computer! :)
    Aw shucks, thanks Sarah. I wanted some sort of graphic on top so I thought putting some sprites in the PXFIRE logo would be a good choice. Glad to see you like it! And okay just let me know if you see anything that needs altering/addressing.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Morzone How are you going with the spirit events? Do you need any help? :)
    @Noblejanobii @LKWayvern
    Threads are looking great, well done :)
    GCEA

4. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The Roleplay is almost done, I'm just proofreading a few last things and making sure all those silly mistakes are ironed out. Should definitely be up very soon and sign ups will also start right away so as soon as PXFire starts, it'll be ready. That also gives people time to draft up their characters, get them approved, and work with their teammates as to how they want to plot out things. :3

6. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

I've pretty much got mine ready to post today. I do apologise for taking longer. It's just been a little tough with everything here lately and right now it's still not looking too much better, but I will perservere! Hopefully have the refinements up in a few hours and the thread posted

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

I've got the caption contest thread ready to go for a second Humor event.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    @Morzone How are you going with the spirit events? Do you need any help? :)
    @Noblejanobii @LKWayvern
    Threads are looking great, well done :)
    Here's what I have: (I haven't had a chance to do a proper write up for a spirit thread)

The spirit section is split into three categories, each separate but will affect who will be named as the over all most spirited team.

Participation
    Through out the 4 weeks of the event, I'll record the participation levels of each team's members. How many people participated, how many events each member participated in. I expect I'll use 5 points per person per event to keep it simple.

Bonus points will be given out to people who finish PXFIRE participating in more events than when they started. As in, they expanded their horizons to try new things even if they didn't actually win any points when trying something new.

People who jump into new events on the last week just to gain participation points, or people who give in minimal effort work in events to just get the participation points, will forfeit any points they could have gotten for participating in that event.

I'll go through the various events myself, but I'll probably be getting second opinions (if needed) from judges as well as help if I think I may have missed someone.

This Section will be 4-week based, I will count points throughout and announce the order of the top 3 at the end.

Team Identity
    This section is based on how close a team is their their fellow members, to their theme, as well as the creativity and effort put into the theme.

This section will work in 2 week periods. At the end of each two weeks, a representative member (each team should elect one, it can be anyone, not just a leader) of each team will submit a team "Portflolio" of spirit. This portfolio should include a description of the development of each team's theme, a description of the theme itself, as well as all accounts of how the theme has influenced team members and their work in individual events. Any team works (art, writing, roleplay scenarios, etc...) should be in the portfolio along with a description of who on the team made it, who influenced it, and how its been used/responded to by the rest of the team.

The second portfolio should build on the first one, but is not allowed to contain any of the same materials. (for instance, you can't submit the same siggy art in both weeks) There should be a description of what's changed in the team's theme since the first portfolio, followed by the same listing/description of how the theme and fellow team members have influenced each other in individual events.

Non-event works Must be posted in the team's thread at least two days before the submission of the portfolio. I will do a quick skim of each team's threads to check to see if materials have really been shared/responded too and if members have actually been conversing together. I'll also be looking to see if its just the same people over and over again. Teams will have a better impact if their works aren't all by the same person.

I'm not entirely sure how I want to judge this part, as the open format makes it hard to use points. Maybe I could enlist some impartial judges to join me in choosing which team is 1, 2, and 3?

And finally: Sportsmanship

This one will be done weekly. Each week I will inquire with each judge if there have been any bad-sportsmanship problems or any examples of excellent sportsmanship during the week. I'll also ask each of the team leaders if there have been any bad/good sportsmanship toward other teams between their own team members. This will be done in Private, so as not to start any arguments or animosity over claims of possible bad-sportsmanship.

I will also invite individual players to message me about happenings of good/bad sportsmanship that go on outside event threads or even outside the forum. Players should only be reporting sportsmanship of players from other teams, so that they aren't simply hyping up their own team. However if people feel a teammate's act of very good sportsmanship, or act of particularly bad sportsmanship, needs to be told they can still let me know. I'll add a reminder that it a good sport does not hide the good acts of others to hurt them, nor do they make acts of bad sportsmanship seem worse than they actually are. I'll also note that smack talk should be limited to "friendly rivalry" and as such is ok as long as it stays that way.

I'll keep a general point system to judge this, +1 for good sportsmanship, -1 for bad sportsmanship. I'll probably keep points a secret so teams don't get labelled as "bad sports" Each week I'll note a 1st 2nd and 3rd sportsmanship team, then announce an overall sportsmanship team at the end of the 4 weeks.

Overall Spirit
    At the end of the 4 weeks, I'll take into account each of the 3 sections into account and decide which team has shown the best overall team spirit and gracious professionalism.

VPP

Team Spirit Thread is up! Let me know if anything is wrong.

VPP

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Team Spirit Thread is up! Let me know if anything is wrong.
    Looks great Morzone! :)

@EmeraldSky Can you incorporate your ideas into one thread called PXFIRE Humour, since that is what the section is called? :) You just need to reveal the first week's event to start with, like the threads for the other sections do. Let me know if you'd like a hand!

@Trainer17 @Spiderc Not sure who was going to do it, but it would be great to get the Showdown thread up ASAP with the week 1 challenge as we are beginning in a couple days! :)
    GCEA

Senior Moderator

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Sure! I'll just combine both event threads' first posts into one thread.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"