Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Well, 5PM might be good for me? I'll actually be out of town June 30 through July 2 or 3 and then July 7 through the 9 or 10. So I might definitely need a later time the weekend of the the 7 through the 9 solely because I'll be at a politics conference that lasts most of the day and I'm not entirely sure how secure my internet access will be. -_-;
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Since the higher ups at my work thought it would be a smart idea and take the only person keeping track of counts and that knows how to do the store safety walk and make them a cashier again I may have fluctuating schedules. So I'll let you know times and important stuff asap if needed. Especially since they have me working weekends now. So if things go wrong or the store gets caught with a safety issue or counts start getting wacky or things gets caught by an inspector that's expired. They can't come blaming me. It was their idea to take me off that and not give me so much as a day to do any of that. So that's one reason I've been so stressed and behind lately. Hopefully it won't affect anything to these challenges. I'll be sure to keep you updated. :)

As for the graphic and drawn I made sure to mention it was a drawn art challenge, but art made with a tablet or computer would be okay. Cause some artists make sketchs and such with those as opposed to paper now since the technology exists. If you guys think it needs rewording or a change in how it's stated in my thread just let me know and I'll fix it right up.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah

So by that logic, both of mine would kick off Sunday at 4 PM my time, run for a week, and I would have until 4 PM Wednesday the next week to grade the previous week? Or am I reading it wrong?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I should be good with that, but if it seems like things are getting tricky, I'll let you know.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Since the higher ups at my work thought it would be a smart idea and take the only person keeping track of counts and that knows how to do the store safety walk and make them a cashier again I may have fluctuating schedules. So I'll let you know times and important stuff asap if needed. Especially since they have me working weekends now. So if things go wrong or the store gets caught with a safety issue or counts start getting wacky or things gets caught by an inspector that's expired. They can't come blaming me. It was their idea to take me off that and not give me so much as a day to do any of that. So that's one reason I've been so stressed and behind lately. Hopefully it won't affect anything to these challenges. I'll be sure to keep you updated. :)

As for the graphic and drawn I made sure to mention it was a drawn art challenge, but art made with a tablet or computer would be okay. Cause some artists make sketchs and such with those as opposed to paper now since the technology exists. If you guys think it needs rewording or a change in how it's stated in my thread just let me know and I'll fix it right up.
    No probs Chakra :) Just keep me updated if something comes up :) I think the wording is fine!

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

So by that logic, both of mine would kick off Sunday at 4 PM my time, run for a week, and I would have until 4 PM Wednesday the next week to grade the previous week? Or am I reading it wrong?
    Yep that's right!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I should be good with that, but if it seems like things are getting tricky, I'll let you know.
    Cool :)

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Well, 5PM might be good for me? I'll actually be out of town June 30 through July 2 or 3 and then July 7 through the 9 or 10. So I might definitely need a later time the weekend of the the 7 through the 9 solely because I'll be at a politics conference that lasts most of the day and I'm not entirely sure how secure my internet access will be. -_-;
    No probs, if you let me know in advance that you'll need an extra day or two somewhere then I'm happy to still give the judging points. I could even give a whole week to get the judging in, but I think people would like feedback on the first week before submitting for the second etc. :) We can be a bit flexible though.
    GCEA

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Also here is the schedule so far...

@Noblejanobii Since pixel art is only running for three out of the four weeks, you can pick whichever week you like to have off. :) If it makes it easier, you could have the week off that you are away. Just let me know how you'd like it arranged and I'll update the schedule!
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post

@Noblejanobii Since pixel art is only running for three out of the four weeks, you can pick whichever week you like to have off. :) If it makes it easier, you could have the week off that you are away. Just let me know how you'd like it arranged and I'll update the schedule!
    Well pixel art's final event is intended to run two weeks so I don't actually have that week off but I could change it since every challenge technically could be done in a week.

No probs, if you let me know in advance that you'll need an extra day or two somewhere then I'm happy to still give the judging points. I could even give a whole week to get the judging in, but I think people would like feedback on the first week before submitting for the second etc. :) We can be a bit flexible though.
    Yeah I mean it just depends on interact accessibility and when I'll get back. I might just need like a day or two? I'll check the schedule of the conference and let you know a more definite answer once I can provide it.
    / / / / / / / /

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Well pixel art's final event is intended to run two weeks so I don't actually have that week off but I could change it since every challenge technically could be done in a week.

Yeah I mean it just depends on interact accessibility and when I'll get back. I might just need like a day or two? I'll check the schedule of the conference and let you know a more definite answer once I can provide it.
    Ooh yeah, I forgot. :) Well I'll leave it up to you whether you'd like to have it over one week or two.

And yeah no worries if you need some extra time on that week :)
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Ooh yeah, I forgot. :) Well I'll leave it up to you whether you'd like to have it over one week or two.

And yeah no worries if you need some extra time on that week :)
    I'll probably leave it at two weeks for now but if I change my mind suddenly I'll make sure to make that very clear. The only reason I can see that happening is my Calc 2 final is like… around that time? Depending on how that line up goes I might have to cut my event slightly short. I'll check my calendar on that too.

Yeah I'm only antsy about that because last time I was there the internet was not sound however it sounds like I might be at a hotel this time so that might be better.
    / / / / / / / /

I saw that there was a participation badge for Showdown in the other thread, but it's not scheduled yet. If people want I could put together something for weeks three and four after I get back from my trip. Showdown is by far the easiest section to judge so I'd have no issues getting that up and running quickly when I can.

On a semi-related topic, does anyone know who owns the PXR Showdown server? MichaelXD is constantly spamming in there and I'd love to be able to ban him.