Page 136 of 365 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 3644

Thread: Other Chat DCC

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Around 5:30PM, tack on an extra 45 minutes for the time it takes to get whatever you were hoping to get done. The issue is there's too many people living here and the roads were never meant to handle such congestion. But, if there's any spare acreage of land, they build whatever house they can stuff there, which in turn results in more people on the road. Also, there's traffic lights and stop signs EVERYWHERE! If you have anything more than a V6 engine in your car, it's totally going to waste. Also, if you want to go anywhere or do anything outside of home, you're driving. Virtually nothing at all is within walking distance save for more homes everywhere.

NJ used to be nicer and quieter with more open fields and forested areas. Now, all of that has been replaced with town homes. Also, all the fun and interesting places in town have all been replaced with bars, drug stores, or banks. The other thing is NJ especially caters to the elderly, hence why you're never two feet away from a CVS or Walgreens. It's a good thing the internet is around for kids, because there sure isn't a whole lot of stuff for them to see in town unless they're really THAT interested in what money market and savings accounts are all about. Honestly, when I was a kid, without video games, I don't know how I would have pulled off getting through childhood.

I know we have a ton of construction going on around my area which makes it a pain in the you know what.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Senior Administrator

Oh, we have plenty of that too. You should see the highways now. Definitely a glorious mess.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Driving is the worst. If we had a better public transport system I would never drive anywhere. Problem is we have so much space so everything is spread out, yet everyone still has to go into the city for work. I look forward to the day where office jobs are all done online!
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Driving is the worst. If we had a better public transport system I would never drive anywhere. Problem is we have so much space so everything is spread out, yet everyone still has to go into the city for work. I look forward to the day where office jobs are all done online!
    Same here. My boss reprimanded me for doing stuff on the phone too often, so now whenever there's a bit of downtime, I kind of just blankly stare into space, yet am facing my notebook to look like I'm reading work-related material.

What's the harm in spending a few minutes to watch a funny cat GIF, hmm? Isn't that's what the internet is for!?

That's when you tell him if I had more work I wouldn't have to play on the internet but you don't give me work so I play on the internet.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    That's when you tell him if I had more work I wouldn't have to play on the internet but you don't give me work so I play on the internet.
    Bleh, that's suicide. I asked him for work once, QUICKLY regretted that decision. The two change orders he gave me to do were BRUTAL to the Nth degree.

That's when you just go find a back room to hide in and play on the internet. xD

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    That's when you just go find a back room to hide in and play on the internet. xD
    Done! I guess the bathroom works.

Hey at least you don't have to worry about having to run to the bathroom...you're already there.