Page 307 of 365 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 3644

Thread: Other Chat DCC

"I don't want to fight." Steel Lunpara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Born View Post
    I enjoyed Walden. Thoreau shared a unique perspective on life and I actually learned a few things from it. I can definitely see why people wouldn't like his work though. It's not as... fun. xD
    Eh, whatever floats your boat, I guess. If you learned something, power to you.

Except you're wrong, fight me in real life!
    "You kids have a nice day."

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Lunpara View Post
    Eh, whatever floats your boat, I guess. If you learned something, power to you.

Except you're wrong, fight me in real life!
    You'd win. :(
    τι ζωή

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Last night the surgeon who saved my dad's life (with two operations for lung cancer) was punched in the face at the hospital where he works, because he asked someone to not smoke at the hospital doors.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/mi...31-gwhqp5.html

What the hell, really. This makes me so mad. :/ I met him and one of his kids when he came to check on my dad after he was recovering from the surgery. I hope he recovers and the guy who punched him rots in jail. u_u Not only is this poor surgeon in critical condition but he would have had hundreds of patients scheduled for life-saving surgeries!
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

That's absolutely awful! What kind of degenerate does that? D:<
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    That's absolutely awful! What kind of degenerate does that? D:<
    It'll probably turn out he was on drugs or has mental health issues or something which will get him out of jail. It's really really difficult to actually go to jail here. =|
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    It'll probably turn out he was on drugs or has mental health issues or something which will get him out of jail. It's really really difficult to actually go to jail here. =|
    … that's concerning. Exponentially so.
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Last night the surgeon who saved my dad's life (with two operations for lung cancer) was punched in the face at the hospital where he works, because he asked someone to not smoke at the hospital doors.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/mi...31-gwhqp5.html

What the hell, really. This makes me so mad. :/ I met him and one of his kids when he came to check on my dad after he was recovering from the surgery. I hope he recovers and the guy who punched him rots in jail. u_u Not only is this poor surgeon in critical condition but he would have had hundreds of patients scheduled for life-saving surgeries!
    "Last year, a Fairfax Media analysis of occupational violence data collected by state hospitals found one health professional was bitten, spat at, punched, abused or threatened every hour on average.

There were 8627 reports of occupational violence in hospitals in 2015/16, and of those 1166 cases resulted in staff injury or illness. "

WHAT THE FUNK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

I swear, lock these people up and throw away the key. But yeah, I hope that surgeon recovers quickly with no permanent damage. It's hard enough these people have to deal with the challenge of trying to take on difficult surgeries to save people's lives. They don't need this kind of crap on top of it.

I have gone into surgery several times and wow, I treat those people with utmost respect when I get to the operating room. I greet them, I say hello, and I try to be extremely friendly with them especially considering what they're about to do is tough work. I don't usually get too much time before the anesthesia hits, but I make good use of those few minutes to be as friendly and cooperative as possible. Everyone should do this, and not just when they go into surgery either.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Holy crap that is horrible. o.o I agree with Neo...what on earth is wrong with people?

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    "Last year, a Fairfax Media analysis of occupational violence data collected by state hospitals found one health professional was bitten, spat at, punched, abused or threatened every hour on average.

There were 8627 reports of occupational violence in hospitals in 2015/16, and of those 1166 cases resulted in staff injury or illness. "

WHAT THE FUNK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?

I swear, lock these people up and throw away the key. But yeah, I hope that surgeon recovers quickly with no permanent damage. It's hard enough these people have to deal with the challenge of trying to take on difficult surgeries to save people's lives. They don't need this kind of crap on top of it.

I have gone into surgery several times and wow, I treat those people with utmost respect when I get to the operating room. I greet them, I say hello, and I try to be extremely friendly with them especially considering what they're about to do is tough work. I don't usually get too much time before the anesthesia hits, but I make good use of those few minutes to be as friendly and cooperative as possible. Everyone should do this, and not just when they go into surgery either.
    Yeah apparently violence against health workers is a HUGE issue. I feel like they're gonna start needing better security at hospitals and stuff. My dad was actually at that hospital yesterday having his last round of chemo. He only has one lung now and I feel like if he saw someone smoking where they shouldn't, he might have said something to them. He's hypersensitive about breathing in smoke now, of course. @_@ So it could have easily been him that was punched. I just don't get how someone's first reaction when asked to do anything is to punch someone. u_u Especially hospital workers whose whole lives are dedicated to saving people! I felt really sick when I heard about it this morning. :(
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

The most violent I've been against a surgeon was threatening to take over the world and repeatedly asking his name while I was under the side effects of laughing gas. I can't imagine being so evil to them.
    / / / / / / / /