Thread: Other Chat DCC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Sun View Post

It's an amazing job, and I work in a really nice library with great people. It's a blast getting to know the patrons as well, and getting kids hyped about reading. I'm hoping to work in a school library after college and promote the love of reading and learning (most schools want their library staff to have their library tech diplomas, which I currently lack). I'd still like to keep my city job though; it would be painful leaving it behind.

But yeah, in a lot of places, libraries get their budgets slashed the second money becomes tight (which is dumb, but that's a rant for another time). Library staff also tend to keep their positions for a lot time, which also doesn't help when trying to break into that occupation.

GAH, once I start about books or libraries, I can't freaking stop cx
    Those reasons all make a lot of sense as to why it's so hard to get a library job. I've always thought working in a library would be amazing! I'm glad it sounds as awesome as I thought! :D The librarians at my high school were always really grumpy! haha. My friend's mum works in a high school library and she seems to do a lot of really cool stuff. They had a huge Harry Potter house quiz event and everything. Sounds like so much fun!
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Those reasons all make a lot of sense as to why it's so hard to get a library job. I've always thought working in a library would be amazing! I'm glad it sounds as awesome as I thought! :D The librarians at my high school were always really grumpy! haha. My friend's mum works in a high school library and she seems to do a lot of really cool stuff. They had a huge Harry Potter house quiz event and everything. Sounds like so much fun!
    Haha, I had a grumpy library person at my high school too; she never smiled and always looked miserable. The field is really moving away from silent, stale libraries and making them fun spaces for learning, exploring, creating and chilling. It's pretty exciting c:

BTW, the Harry Potter event sounds like a really cool idea!
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB