Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 2DS?!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Nintendo 2DS?!

I guess everyone knows about this by now... the next member of the 3DS family is the... 2DS. I think it's a pretty weird move by Nintendo, and the console itself definitely looks strange. But I kind of like it. If I had the option I would have stuck with my DS Lite rather than move to a 3DS anyway as I don't care for 3D at all. The design reminds me a bit of the original Gameboy/Gameboy Advance. But I think the DS worked well with the folding to protect the screens. It's great that there is a cheap option out there, especially for young kids who can't use the 3D anyway. And releasing it on the same day as X and Y is a great strategy.

Now they just need to get rid of the touchscreen that I never use. XD

More info!
    GCEA

If it hurts the eyes during gameplay, it's not worth it for me. I'm just keeping the 3DS. I like my vision.

Don't see how releasing it the same day as X and Y is a good option, since I doubt you'll be able to play 3DS games on it. :P

Anyway, I have no intention of getting one because it doesn't fold, it's bulky, looks like it'd be awkward to hold, the screens are exposed to damages, etc (mainly aesthetic and user-functionality things). I just think it was a really random move on Nintendo's part and I don't see how it's supposed to be better than the 3DS, aside from it's price. If you don't like the 3D, you can always turn it off. Since you can play both 3DS and DS games on it, it's worth the cost, as it's essentially two consoles in one.

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
    Don't see how releasing it the same day as X and Y is a good option, since I doubt you'll be able to play 3DS games on it. :P

Anyway, I have no intention of getting one because it doesn't fold, it's bulky, looks like it'd be awkward to hold, the screens are exposed to damages, etc (mainly aesthetic and user-functionality things). I just think it was a really random move on Nintendo's part and I don't see how it's supposed to be better than the 3DS, aside from it's price. If you don't like the 3D, you can always turn it off. Since you can play both 3DS and DS games on it, it's worth the cost, as it's essentially two consoles in one.
    You can play 3DS games on it, they'll just be in 2D! It's basically like a weird looking DS Lite that plays 3DS games. xD
    GCEA

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    So, pretty much 3DS games minus the 3D...? Like turning the slider off...? xD

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by DesperadoBRT View Post
    So, pretty much 3DS games minus the 3D...? Like turning the slider off...? xD
    Yep and save yourself some money, I suppose!

I guess they are targeting the young audience who can't use the 3D anyway, cos it's bad for developing vision.
    GCEA

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Hmm I may get this, as it is cheaper, and I am not to keen for 3D. All I want is to play 3DS games and have WPA compatibility.

It looks way to bulky and I hate how you can't protect the screens. My friend was telling me about it because it would be cheaper and I said it's not worth it if the screens get all scratched up because you can't close it. And he argued about how you need to be careful with it then. I said no....because with a 3DS you can close it up and toss it into your bag. This....this is just a big, bulky and stupid.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    ^Everything Caite said. Everything.

I'm fine with it not having 3D; I rarely use the 3D, anyway. But how it doesn't fold, the bulk of it, and how the circle pad is right next to the top screen makes it seem like it'd be better to spend a little extra on a 3DS, especially the original one, since it's cheaper than the XL.

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperadoBRT View Post
    ^Everything Caite said. Everything.

I'm fine with it not having 3D; I rarely use the 3D, anyway. But how it doesn't fold, the bulk of it, and how the circle pad is right next to the top screen makes it seem like it'd be better to spend a little extra on a 3DS, especially the original one, since it's cheaper than the XL.
    This. I'm not sure why they didn't make it fold-able, it's just beyond me. Really, if you want to protect your eyesight, don't play with the 3D on. :P There are settings for that on the 3DS itself!

Nintendo, I'm not sure what you were thinking here.

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!