Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Who owns a Nintendo Switch?

I've been contemplating getting one because I keep hearing great things about it. A friend of mine also owns one and even though Mario Kart 8 is the only game I've seen in action on it, it looks BEAUTIFUL. Haven't had the chance to play it yet, though. Usually at his parties, there's four people already playing.

So who owns one and what do you think about it?

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I really love the design of the Switch actually. I've only played Mario Kart on it once at a friend's house but it looks really nice and the joycons are cool. I'll definitely be getting one but not until the new Pokemon RPG comes out for it!
    GCEA

3. This post has been liked by:

Homura 

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I want one really bad, but I'm saving to move out, so I don't really want to spend 400.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I wish I had one.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I GOT ONE.

It's really awesome!!! I only have Mario Kart so far but I really love the design. Playing on the gamepad is awesome. I'm terrible at Mario Kart with a single joycon though. xD I think I'd wanna buy a proper controller if I was gonna play any more serious games on the TV. But I prefer using the gamepad anyway.
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I GOT ONE.

It's really awesome!!! I only have Mario Kart so far but I really love the design. Playing on the gamepad is awesome. I'm terrible at Mario Kart with a single joycon though. xD I think I'd wanna buy a proper controller if I was gonna play any more serious games on the TV. But I prefer using the gamepad anyway.
    O: Great that you're enjoying it! Two of my friends have one and they both love theirs; I've played around with the joycons but also attaching them to a controller thing which seems to be comfortable. But yeah, I'm used to playing Mario Kart with a Wiimote and nun-chuck. xD

I'm not gonna bother with a Switch until that Pokemon RPG comes out. Right now I think it'd be cool, but there's no particular game that makes me want to get it. Breath of the Wild looks cool but I've played a bit of it and it's not enough to make me want to spend ~$500. Especially since I bought a PS4 earlier in the year haha. (Which has been totally worth it.)

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    O: Great that you're enjoying it! Two of my friends have one and they both love theirs; I've played around with the joycons but also attaching them to a controller thing which seems to be comfortable. But yeah, I'm used to playing Mario Kart with a Wiimote and nun-chuck. xD

I'm not gonna bother with a Switch until that Pokemon RPG comes out. Right now I think it'd be cool, but there's no particular game that makes me want to get it. Breath of the Wild looks cool but I've played a bit of it and it's not enough to make me want to spend ~$500. Especially since I bought a PS4 earlier in the year haha. (Which has been totally worth it.)
    Yeah I feel like there are not many games yet. I was waiting for the Pokemon RPG too and had no intention to buy one yet, but I got the Switch from insurance as a replacement for my Wii which was stolen. So it was free. Free Switch is best Switch! xD
    GCEA

Yeah I feel like there are not many games yet. I was waiting for the Pokemon RPG too and had no intention to buy one yet, but I got the Switch from insurance as a replacement for my Wii which was stolen. So it was free. Free Switch is best Switch! xD
    Wooowww, that's a good deal. xD Though you lost all your save files I assume. :(

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Wooowww, that's a good deal. xD Though you lost all your save files I assume. :(
    I know! I was surprised. Yeah I guess I did, but I didn't have that many Wii games so it's okay. Just PokePark and Battle Revolution. I just gotta buy a secondhand Wii now xD
    GCEA

I know! I was surprised. Yeah I guess I did, but I didn't have that many Wii games so it's okay. Just PokePark and Battle Revolution. I just gotta buy a secondhand Wii now xD
    Ah not too bad then. When did it get stolen? Was it from your house?