Page 17 of 302 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    The one thing I LOVED that they did with BW series. They made Team Rocket less of a joke and more of an actual THREAT. They weren't in every. Single. Episode either. They weren't just like some screw ups. They actually almost accomplished their goals and actually took time to plan hints before they acted. They didn't just show up and "we're here for your Pikachu!" Ash:"No!" Insert pointless typical battle BOOM! Blasting off yada yada. They actually had plans and just came across Ash and the others randomly. After that season. It was back to their old terrible habits of showing up when no one cares. Not even the slightest threat.
    Yeah there was a lot BW did right and for the Meloetta arc it actually wasn't half bad but the entirety of BW was just... not good.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Yeah it really just doesn't make sense. (Personally I believe they said all that for anime sake. Imagine, Pikachu's power IS it's electricity. Whenever it had strange effects on it's "electricity" at all it always had adverse affects. To have its very own 'power' affected in such a way and try to bring out something that won't work the right way? Imagine the draining feeling it would bring upon the body. Like total exhaustion on the body. Pikachu is small, so to try that hard to bring up that powerful energy? That's how I see it at anyway).

But yeah some fights he just handicaps himself for no reason. Some he'll show no restraint, others he acts as if he never knew it to begin with or doesn't know how to handle the situation.
    Yeah, Ash and Pikachu's skills are wildly inconsistent, and the only actual explanation for it is plot convenience. Ash's other Pokemon can get this too, but due to the kid's habit of dumping all of them except Pikachu as soon as the generational saga ends makes their cases of plot-mandated power/weakness a lot less egregious most of the time.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    The one thing I LOVED that they did with BW series. They made Team Rocket less of a joke and more of an actual THREAT. They weren't in every. Single. Episode either. They weren't just like some screw ups. They actually almost accomplished their goals and actually took time to plan hints before they acted. They didn't just show up and "we're here for your Pikachu!" Ash:"No!" Insert pointless typical battle BOOM! Blasting off yada yada. They actually had plans and just came across Ash and the others randomly. After that season. It was back to their old terrible habits of showing up when no one cares. Not even the slightest threat.
    That's another thing I like about Sun & Moon. Team rocket aren't in every episode, and though they do try to catch pikachu every so often, they have other goals too, such as one episode where they found a Z-Crystal guarded by a wild raticate and didn't have any contact with ash the whole episode.

On an unrelated note, today I discovered that my fossil of a laptop can run Overwatch. I'm so tempted to buy it... But I need to save my money...

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    On an unrelated note, today I discovered that my fossil of a laptop can run Overwatch. I'm so tempted to buy it... But I need to save my money...
    Well let me know if you do get it. I still play it from time to time. I talk Neo into playing it at times too. Would be nice to have a full team here that play it one day. The Christmas event for it should be coming soon too! :D

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Haven't played Overwatch for a few months now. Been mostly playing single player stuff these days.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Haven't played Overwatch for a few months now. Been mostly playing single player stuff these days.
    Same here. I never re downloaded it back after I got my laptop fixed from my warranty service. That or Vindictus both haven't been reinstalled. I want to for Christmas with all those awesome skins and events to come.

The time is upon us...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I've seen videos of Overwatch but I can never follow what's going on. Too many colours and lights and things moving haha.
    GCEA

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I've seen videos of Overwatch but I can never follow what's going on. Too many colours and lights and things moving haha.
    Yeah some games are hard to keep up with. Overwatch matches can change on a dime. Very fast paced too. Constant changes in characters and everything too.

I mean this was from a game back when I played a lot: https://youtu.be/HfFmtnW8eUA

Had to link it cause I think hidden videos get blocked using the video command here. Takes a lot to keep up with and skyping/Discord really helps in the long run. But it's tons of fun! :D

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    On the outside, Overwatch doesn't seem too complicated. You pick a hero and learning how their attacks and abilities work by testing them out on the training area maybe only takes 5-10 minutes. Eventually you'll find your favorites and your "main" after trying them all out. There will be some you're "okay" at and others that you just don't do well with at all. For example, I do relatively well with D.Va and Soldier 76. My best games are mostly with those two. Make me play Genji and I comically flounder like a fish on dry land. I have NEVER done well with Genji because for me, his abilities rely on a lot of quirky anime gimmicks such as double jumping, projectile reflecting, and other weird reality-breaking stuff I can't ever get used to. And yet there are some people that rock the house with him. You may find yourself facing the same kind of thing where some heroes you'll love and others are just a mess to try and work with. And there will be some where you may think you weren't any good with them, but you get better with them in time. I thought I'd forever suck with Winston and Hanzo but there were times when I actually did exceptionally well with them and even got "plays of the game" with them. Zarya is another one where I thought I wouldn't ever get the hang of her and then in due time, I unleashed pure raw fury with her once I figured out how she really is supposed to work. Watching how other players handle their heroes is a good way to learn how to best play them as well.

You WILL run into toxic players that expect you to know the maps inside out, know ALL the components of your hero, and be a master at exactly what to do precisely at what time and what location. They expect you to know all the combos that your hero might have with another person's hero and when those get executed. They will cuss you out if you don't do exactly this. They forget there was a time when they didn't know all this junk either. IGNORE THEM. IGNORE THEM ALL. If it really gets bad, just press "P" to Mute-nuke everyone. There are times I do this just to stop two bickering players from splattering my screen with text garbage. You'll learn all the tips and tricks in due time and where to deploy what kind of nonsense at chokepoints and stuff like that. REMEMBER, if there are people who don't like how you play the game, that's their problem, not yours. They can always mosey off to Competitive Play if they want to get all hardcore about their nonsense.

Overwatch can be fun and it can also be a bit pesky. It's a lot of fun if your team is doing well! If you find yourself losing round after round, eh... you'll kind of feel like playing something else. Take a break and maybe come back later. The game characters are great and they all have their own unique personalities. Some of them are fun to play even if you're not good at them! Some of the maps are interesting, also. Personally, I think the game would be perfect if people were much better sports about it, but... eh, they're not. If you can just shut out the toxic people and find ways to enjoy the game at your own pace, you'll like it. But if nasty players and in-game cyber-bullying are things that you don't do well with, it's something you might need to think about before jumping in.

10. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

All I know is I can’t play it because it won’t run on my computer.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire