Page 300 of 302 FirstFirst ... 200250290298299300301302 LastLast
Results 2,991 to 3,000 of 3015
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by ARandomTool View Post
    *sits here calling himself a video game nerd despite not knowing what the snarf anyone is talking about here*
    We're talking about Ori and the Will of the Wisps, which is the sequel to Ori and the Blind Forest. Ori and the Blind Forest is a nifty platformer game made by Moon Studios where you take control of Ori, a cat/lemur-like forest guardian trying to revive the forest of Nibel after it has become blighted and "blinded." It plays very similarly to Metroid/Castlevania where you unlock abilities and get backtrack to find nifty secrets and other hidden gems with those new abilities that grant you accessibility to other areas you couldn't get to before. Plus the visuals, the music, FRICK, JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING is stunning and amazing about this game.

Here's the game launch trainer to give you an idea of how awesome this game is. Watch. Let it enrapture you!

Really, JUST BUY IT AND PLAY IT, you won't be disappointed. For a mere, totally insignificant $10 on Steam, this game is incredible.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Ori is amazing. I enjoyed it so much! The best game I've played in ages. I'm looking forward to the next one. Though I wish it was on switch!
    GCEA

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I'd heard of Ori before, but I didn't know anything about it until just now. It looks like Nihilumbra, another platformer I enjoyed, but most importantly, the player character looks like FFIX's carbuncle. Definitely intrigued now. I wonder if my laptop can handle running it...

EDIT: Well, I've bought it. It lags slightly when I jump, but only very slightly. It runs pretty much like this Would that be enough to make it work, or are there parts that would be unplayable? Cause I don't want to play it for too long only to find out that the last parts are impossible due to the lag...
    Last edited by Shruikan; 06-17-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shruikan View Post
    I'd heard of Ori before, but I didn't know anything about it until just now. It looks like Nihilumbra, another platformer I enjoyed, but most importantly, the player character looks like FFIX's carbuncle. Definitely intrigued now. I wonder if my laptop can handle running it...

EDIT: Well, I've bought it. It lags slightly when I jump, but only very slightly. It runs pretty much like this Would that be enough to make it work, or are there parts that would be unplayable? Cause I don't want to play it for too long only to find out that the last parts are impossible due to the lag...
    It'll depend on how things are the more that happens on your computer. If the more you see on screen the more the fps drops. Then it might struggle on a few parts. If not, it should be fine. Just make sure your settings are on the lowest. I never thought of that either. How Ori looks similar to the carbuncle. You know those are in FFXIV too and they're awesome! I had wondered which they came from.

Maybe one of these days I can stream Ori for anyone that wants to watch. I love replaying it xD. Yeah I'm still super excited for the next game too. Would anyone be interested in watching me livestream it?

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    It'll depend on how things are the more that happens on your computer. If the more you see on screen the more the fps drops. Then it might struggle on a few parts. If not, it should be fine. Just make sure your settings are on the lowest. I never thought of that either. How Ori looks similar to the carbuncle. You know those are in FFXIV too and they're awesome! I had wondered which they came from.

Maybe one of these days I can stream Ori for anyone that wants to watch. I love replaying it xD. Yeah I'm still super excited for the next game too. Would anyone be interested in watching me livestream it?
    Well, it seems alright in all the parts I've played, but I can only get to a point with 5 objects at once (3 axe things & an enemy,) but it seems fine with that. I guess I'll just need to keep going and see, and if worst comes to worse, it runs pretty much perfectly as 600x400, so I can always shrike it for the parts that lag too much.

Yeah, FFXIV's a game that I really want to play, but my PC just won't have it. I get like 18FPS max with everything at it's lowest, so sadly I'll have to wait and hope for a Switch port...

But yeah, Carbuncle's been a summon almost every FF game from V onwards, but wasn't in VII or X, so isn't as famous as some of the others like Shiva & Ifrit. It's also gradually looked more and more like an Espeon as time's gone on :P But in IX it looked like this

Does the FFXIV carbuncle have multiple gems/spells like in IX, or is it just the Reflect spell like in the others?

Administrator

Well, it seems alright in all the parts I've played, but I can only get to a point with 5 objects at once (3 axe things & an enemy,) but it seems fine with that. I guess I'll just need to keep going and see, and if worst comes to worse, it runs pretty much perfectly as 600x400, so I can always shrike it for the parts that lag too much.

Yeah, FFXIV's a game that I really want to play, but my PC just won't have it. I get like 18FPS max with everything at it's lowest, so sadly I'll have to wait and hope for a Switch port...

But yeah, Carbuncle's been a summon almost every FF game from V onwards, but wasn't in VII or X, so isn't as famous as some of the others like Shiva & Ifrit. It's also gradually looked more and more like an Espeon as time's gone on :P But in IX it looked like this

Does the FFXIV carbuncle have multiple gems/spells like in IX, or is it just the Reflect spell like in the others?
    Sadly FFXIV won't ever come to the Switch. I'm pretty confident in that. I used to have bad fps too. My old laptop used to be 34 fps in very unpopulated areas. Then when in dungeons or especially raids oh man. It used to be around 7-18. Make my laptop super hot as well since it only had to AC power from the cord. It wasn't like my current on with an extra fan designed to help gaming computers stay cool.

FFXIV's is a summon you can control. There's two really where one is more offensive and the other more defensive. So it's spells differ. I think they made it now so you can make them another color if you'd like.

Yeah though, hopefully your computer can hold out for Ori. If not, like I said I could always livestream it. I think that'd be pretty fun.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Hey, that's not too bad! I think you'll be fine. My computer is pretty old too, but it seems to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Sadly FFXIV won't ever come to the Switch. I'm pretty confident in that. I used to have bad fps too. My old laptop used to be 34 fps in very unpopulated areas. Then when in dungeons or especially raids oh man. It used to be around 7-18. Make my laptop super hot as well since it only had to AC power from the cord. It wasn't like my current on with an extra fan designed to help gaming computers stay cool.

FFXIV's is a summon you can control. There's two really where one is more offensive and the other more defensive. So it's spells differ. I think they made it now so you can make them another color if you'd like.

Yeah though, hopefully your computer can hold out for Ori. If not, like I said I could always livestream it. I think that'd be pretty fun.
    Well, I know they were in talks about getting FFXIV on the Switch & Xbox One last year, so it's not 100% ruled out. Unlikely, yes, since Sony won't let them have cross platform multiplayer, but if that changes, then it could happen.
    And different coloured Carbuncles you say? Is purple an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Hey, that's not too bad! I think you'll be fine. My computer is pretty old too, but it seems to handle it.
    Mine's about 5 years old now, and it wasn't particularly new when I got it... It can just about run small or old games like FFVIII & Armello. If only all new games were optimized like Overwatch, then I'd have no problem :P

And for Ori, I had to lower the resolution to around 600x400 for the Black Root Burroughs, but it's still playable, and actually runs really smoothly at that resolution. Now I just need to stop falling off everything :P

Administrator

@Shruikan I haven't delved into coloring one yet myself, but once I know I will let you know :D. I'm pretty sure most colors are an option. Yeah they already struggle enough with the PC and PS4 cross platform. So I personally don't see it happening. Maaaaaaaybe with XBL, but even they are strict on cross platform.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Mine's about 5 years old now, and it wasn't particularly new when I got it... It can just about run small or old games like FFVIII & Armello. If only all new games were optimized like Overwatch, then I'd have no problem :P

And for Ori, I had to lower the resolution to around 600x400 for the Black Root Burroughs, but it's still playable, and actually runs really smoothly at that resolution. Now I just need to stop falling off everything :P
    Mine's even older. Got it back in 2011.

The only part where Armello lags for me is during the winner finale. Not a big deal, but yeah, I like how Overwatch does things so even people with shabby computers can still enjoy it. Because there's a lot of new games I can only dream about playing right now.