Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Not at all, I swear to God.
    Alright it's good it's good.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

So a quick tip to anyone playing USUM. The movie Ash hat Pikachu QR code isn't exclusive to one scan. Find one online and anyone can use it and get the event Pikachu in-game.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yep I found a QR code on instagram if anyone needs one
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I need to play through SM first. And Y.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Oh cool thanks Chakra! @Noblejanobii link? :)
    GCEA

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

In lieu of yesterday's conversation, I tried playing a bit more Overwatch even though I hadn't been into it since summer. Yesterday's games were kinda of crappy, but today's were great. Even got a beautiful rip-tire "Play of the Game" with Junkrat, even though it's kind of easy to get POTG with him. Still, it's a very "you win some, you lose some" kind of game in that if you're having a rough time, things may get better later. How the team ultimately performs is only somewhat affected by you and if your team loses, it may not be your fault.

When it comes to the chat, even in the few games I played, people were being bitter and salty. That sure hasn't changed! But it's fun to mock it though. When someone says "F**K YOU" or something angry and irate along those lines, I love to reply "Aww, love you too, dude! <3" It's best to dump sugar on the salt. Counter insults and bitter commentary with silliness and nonsense. They'll stop immediately when they realize it's not bothering you and it's just making them look needlessly angry and ridiculous. >:3

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    We should bring back PXR gaming night with Overwatch! :D I just got it!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    In lieu of yesterday's conversation, I tried playing a bit more Overwatch even though I hadn't been into it since summer. Yesterday's games were kinda of crappy, but today's were great. Even got a beautiful rip-tire "Play of the Game" with Junkrat, even though it's kind of easy to get POTG with him. Still, it's a very "you win some, you lose some" kind of game in that if you're having a rough time, things may get better later. How the team ultimately performs is only somewhat affected by you and if your team loses, it may not be your fault.

When it comes to the chat, even in the few games I played, people were being bitter and salty. That sure hasn't changed! But it's fun to mock it though. When someone says "F**K YOU" or something angry and irate along those lines, I love to reply "Aww, love you too, dude! <3" It's best to dump sugar on the salt. Counter insults and bitter commentary with silliness and nonsense. They'll stop immediately when they realize it's not bothering you and it's just making them look needlessly angry and ridiculous. >:3
    Yeah I couldn't deal with a game where everyone is abusing everyone. xD It looks like it could be fun but I don't really like online multiplayer games for that reason haha. But that's cool you had some good games! :)
    GCEA

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Yeah I couldn't deal with a game where everyone is abusing everyone. xD It looks like it could be fun but I don't really like online multiplayer games for that reason haha. But that's cool you had some good games! :)
    Ah, you get used to the angsty nonsense. It's always the same kind of people who think they're supposed to win every game, think losses are always the fault of their teammates, and they believe they're the apex gaming messiah of players and that everyone who is not as good as they are is a noob and everyone who is better than them is either hacking or is an obsessive player who "has no life!" It's truly colorful and comical. They'll use all kinds of vibrant language, make extensive use of their Caps Lock button because obviously doing anything less just makes it seem not as important, and they will delightfully complain about everything and will waste more time typing nonsense than actually playing the game, thus, ironically making their team fail because they're wasting more time whining than performing their role! Who'd a thunk it!? Truly an amazing experimentation to behold that offers all kinds of outlooks on human behavioral patterns.

If you'd rather not be privy to such colorful experiences, Overwatch has a lovely feature that can be enjoyed using the P button to bring up the communications menu! From there, you can unleash the magical power of MASS MUTE, thus nuking all text and vocal communications from both enemy players and teammates! You'll then be free to enjoy the game at your own leisure minus all the wrong and unethical uses of the English language! Your enemies and teammates will be speechless at the raw power you have unleashed!! //silly pun intended

Like I said, the game is good and you can tell Blizzard wants it to be the best it can be, and they're always introducing new maps, new heroes, new skins, and all kinds of new stuff while trying to keep the game balanced. But they're only human so sometimes you have to pardon the fact not everything is perfect 100% of the time and players will always find an exploitation to take advantage of. It's all a matter of enjoying the game, not treating it like a life and death matter, and realizing that it's supposed to be fun and the best way to have fun with it is not to take it seriously.

10. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Ah, you get used to the angsty nonsense. It's always the same kind of people who think they're supposed to win every game, think losses are always the fault of their teammates, and they believe they're the apex gaming messiah of players and that everyone who is not as good as they are is a noob and everyone who is better than them is either hacking or is an obsessive player who "has no life!" It's truly colorful and comical. They'll use all kinds of vibrant language, make extensive use of their Caps Lock button because obviously doing anything less just makes it seem not as important, and they will delightfully complain about everything and will waste more time typing nonsense than actually playing the game, thus, ironically making their team fail because they're wasting more time whining than performing their role! Who'd a thunk it!? Truly an amazing experimentation to behold that offers all kinds of outlooks on human behavioral patterns.

If you'd rather not be privy to such colorful experiences, Overwatch has a lovely feature that can be enjoyed using the P button to bring up the communications menu! From there, you can unleash the magical power of MASS MUTE, thus nuking all text and vocal communications from both enemy players and teammates! You'll then be free to enjoy the game at your own leisure minus all the wrong and unethical uses of the English language! Your enemies and teammates will be speechless at the raw power you have unleashed!! //silly pun intended

Like I said, the game is good and you can tell Blizzard wants it to be the best it can be, and they're always introducing new maps, new heroes, new skins, and all kinds of new stuff while trying to keep the game balanced. But they're only human so sometimes you have to pardon the fact not everything is perfect 100% of the time and players will always find an exploitation to take advantage of. It's all a matter of enjoying the game, not treating it like a life and death matter, and realizing that it's supposed to be fun and the best way to have fun with it is not to take it seriously.
    Most the time I keep the communication up for purposes of communication "if needed." If to nothing but them constantly complaining, raging, cussing you out. I mite them. In cases of them cussing me or others out I'll report them because we could use one or two less toxic players. Who knows, maybe it teaches them a lesson. It also ruins the experience and fun for those that may JUST be starting. I know I bought it for a friend to play with. We joined another friend (who is higher ranked than us) and suddenly it's like we're playing against people aimbottong (it just seems that way most of the time cause they're skill level is far higher). I'll even mute them if they're just BLASTING music over the mic instead. Gets more distracting than helpful.

Ah those puns xD.

The new maps, heros, and of course skins and animations are awesome! Makes it constantly keep up the unique feeling to it and something new to look forward to. That is true though. There's a lot that is both good and bad. A goal to keep the current player base happy. While at the same time attracting new players and keeping them with the same content and updates. It has to be manageable for ALL and engaging. That's where friends come in perfect sync here. Just imagine. 6 friends sitting down to have FUN playing this just for the sake of having fun? Sounds like a great night to me :)

Speaking of, we should have another Overwatch event here on PXR at some point. See if Harry still wants to or something. Only ones I remember off the top of my head are Harry and Neo. When would you want to if so Neo? Closer to Christmas?

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..