Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime movies

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Anime movies

I am not that much into anime, but I love Studio Ghibli movies and have almost seen all of them now. Which means I need new things to watch! Laputa Castle in the Sky is probably my favourite. Do you guys have any favourite anime movies?
    GCEA

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

The mass effect anime movie. I loved the games and in my eyes the movie did them justice.

Senior Moderator

Anything Miyazaki--Spirited Away, Ponyo, etc.

I've seen all the Ghibli films and vividly enjoyed each one.

I'm partial to the first 3 Pokemon Films. As well as Cowboy Bebop, Vampire Hunter D, Yu-Gi-Oh (both), and I've yet to see a Dragonball Movie I dislike.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

I don't watch many Anime movies, but I did like Pokemon Rise of Darkrai Movie and one DBZ movie I saw awhile ago.

I like Anime movies, often times more than a series. All I want from Anime without having to follow a long, tedious series full of fillers. The two best movies I've seen in recent years are Summer Wars and Sword of the Stranger. SotS had probably the best anime fight of all time in it. It felt to me almost like they did the fighting scene first, and then made the whole movie around the fight.
    Last edited by Sanctus; 09-10-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    I like Anime movies, often times more than a series. All I want from Anime without having to follow a long, tedious series full of fillers. The two best movies I've seen in recent years are Summer Wars and Sword of the Stranger. SotS had probably the best anime fight of all time in it. It felt to me almost like they did the fighting scene first, and then made the whole movie around the fight.
    Sword of the Stranger was a great movie, that last fight scene was probably one of the most epic fight scenes in an anime in a long time. My personal favorites though are Akira, Ninja Scroll, and the Macross movies. I also recently watched the live action Rurouni Kenshin, it was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. The fight scenes were well done there too.

Did you watch it dubbed or subbed? The Dub is absolutely horrid for the way they translated Nanashi's name. It means "no name," so they should've just kept it Nanashi. :/

And the fight is easily the best fight in all of anime. It was just lengthy enough and they did it without dragging out the dialogue, a real shocker for anime. They exchange a few words at the beginning and then it's just nonstop action until Nanashi wins. It was cool how they ended up exchanging swords too.

Akira was good. I watched it when I was like 12 though and it creeped me out. Primarily when what's-her-name got squished and you could see the pool of blood... >_>

Oh, and X was a great anime movie.

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    I've seen it both dubbed and subbed, watched the subbed version after I saw the dubbed version because the dub seemed a little cheesier then normal dubbing. I watched Akira as a child too, and it disturbed me to no end, that may be why I liked it so much, that and the chase scene with the clowns. X was good too but, The X series was better IMO, because you had the opportunity to learn everyone's back stories. Back then U.S. Manga licensed some of the best anime feature length films. Anything they licensed I wanted to watch. Another one that was pretty good was Redline, the cars and the racing was awesome, although the story could have been fleshed out more.

It's bad if you can spot cheesy dubbing before watching the original.

Same sentiments on Akira. At first I thought I'd never watch it again. But something about how eerie it was just kept drawing me back to it.

Never saw the X series, although I've heard repeatedly that the series is better.

Annnd I'm not familiar with Redline. :(