Page 166 of 513 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216266 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 5121
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Cool bits, you rock for hosting that!

Haha thanks! I learned a few things in a statistics class last semester about coding in Excel so fingers crossed it works and I don't have to count everything individually.

Otherwise, Best Female at 39 entries will be the death of me (and best male not too far behind).
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Haha thanks! I learned a few things in a statistics class last semester about coding in Excel so fingers crossed it works and I don't have to count everything individually.

Otherwise, Best Female at 39 entries will be the death of me (and best male not too far behind).
    Yep, I used Excel for doing PXFIRE score tallying. Way more accurate and organized. I also used it for building Magic the Gathering EDH Commander decks to calculate number of cards (you can only have up to 100) and the cost for each card (I compared three different sites and logged which had the lowest).

I use it all the time at work, as well. It's just rough to look at for the whole day and do nothing but data analysis, but I'm good at it while these toxicologists and biocompatibility peeps would rather focus on their studies. So I do all the study tracking, accounting/invoice for one of them, and stuff like that. I also manage the toxicology inbox as well and have stayed on top of that.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yep, I used Excel for doing PXFIRE score tallying. Way more accurate and organized. I also used it for building Magic the Gathering EDH Commander decks to calculate number of cards (you can only have up to 100) and the cost for each card (I compared three different sites and logged which had the lowest).

I use it all the time at work, as well. It's just rough to look at for the whole day and do nothing but data analysis, but I'm good at it while these toxicologists and biocompatibility peeps would rather focus on their studies. So I do all the study tracking, accounting/invoice for one of them, and stuff like that. I also manage the toxicology inbox as well and have stayed on top of that.
    Yeah we technically didn't use Excel in my class but the program we used was very similar so it shouldn't be too hard to apply my knowledge once all the data gets put in. It's probably one of the few things I took away from that class.

I will say one of the pros and cons of being the judge is like seeing it get neck and neck as you're tallying the votes. It's fun to see who comes out on top but it can be disappointing if it's not you. XD I had my eye on two categories and I was so close with one of them, but alas. There's always next year.
    / / / / / / / /

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Excel is super easy but super amazing. I use it all the time for tasks.

And I mean it doesn't really matter who wins. I look at it more for fun then actually hoping to win something.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I use excel a lot for work. I really want to learn how to use it properly though and do amazing things like @Desolate Divine can xD It's on my to do list!
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I use excel a lot for work. I really want to learn how to use it properly though and do amazing things like @Desolate Divine can xD It's on my to do list!
    It's not too hard; I just usually Google how to do things in it and there's usually a function for it.

My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah this was particularly hard though because most of the usual counting functions don’t work since they’re not numbers. The values were names. But thankfully I managed to find a table that did exactly what I wanted so it’s all good.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

It’s been ages since I’ve used Excel. I do need to go back into it (just like Photoshop) and learn more.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Yeah, it's super useful, especially when you get into actual coding in it (VBA). I use it a lot in work.

My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oh yeah I believe it. We barely scratched the surface of it in the statistics classes I used it in.
    / / / / / / / /