Page 196 of 513 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 5121
    Administrator

Yeah some form of lives system or system to help control it a bit better would work well. Cause like you said, there’s a high chance no one will just “give up” given how everyone is already showing their pride with embarrassment in DBR.

So like you were saying. Maybe a team setting? Though with a team trial you should still have separate lives. The less you have, the higher chance you start to fail. Cause the more challenges you could face. Otherwise I think it would go too quick and one person could go MIA and you’d take a loss with without reason. So that falls on them.

But things like: forcing them to change their appearance for awhile, post gifs in every post as they are, or something else embarrassing. Yeah that could work, but like in UNO. It has to be caught quickly.

So say like the teams are all even to begin. Everyone has one target. As it goes on and people lose their lives. Someone gets knocked out. So one team has advantage. That could mean someone could potentially have two people target them. Making it more difficult as they have to follow both. Though to make it more fair, if they adhere to both. They have it bounced back at them since they were attacking with an advantage and lost.

It would be totally fun to watch and participate in! The differences each game have from each other are nice! So to make it different and stand out from others is the name of the game.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Hmm, I still feel iffy about the way people would lose lives. I mean having to slap five silly GIFs in every post while wearing streams of nonsense in their sig is the kind of thing that might actually get annoying to everyone else who has to scroll through all that for every one of their posts. Imagine wanting to read someone's input on Sword and Shield, but of course 10 stupid GIFs, a lame poem they have to write, and gibberish all have to follow that. It's going to look really spammy...

I think I'd sooner adapt DBR2 to be team-based instead. At least it's a little more controlled in that environment and it's only your avatar and signature that gets affected. Plus in a team, you could have it where people can help evolve their allies, use items on each other, and things like that. And maybe... there's a way to get multi-battles going. Now that would be interesting!

3. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    A team DBR would actually be pretty cool. I think that could make things interesting!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    A team DBR would actually be pretty cool. I think that could make things interesting!
    Cool bits. My thoughts were at the start of a season, RNG would randomly decide if single, double, or triple battles will be active for the season. And those would work the same way they do in the game, with how certain moves affect multiple targets and that kind of thing. If one side can't be divided evenly into the randomized battle setup, then they just have to roll with whoever they have left. So for example, if one side has 6 people and the other has 5 and the setup is triple battles, the first battle will be a 3vs3, but then the second will have to be a 3vs2.

Attack order would be determined randomly.

I'd also implement my very own Smart Auto-battling system for multi-battles, where okay, it rolled a move you know as the Pokémon you are. According to DBR, you HAVE to fling that attack at someone no matter what the consequences are. What defender you strike at first will be based on this hierarchy:

1. If your attack would be Super-Effective on someone, then obviously that's what you're going to go for first. If your attack would be Super-Effective on multiple defenders and they all have the same number of regular damage strikes on them, then you'll just pick one at random. Wave them goodbye!
      • If your attack would be Super-Effective against multiple defenders but they have different amounts of regular damage strikes on them, then you would target the person with the LEAST amount of regular damage strikes, because this kind of attack would KO them anyway. You'd leave behind the already-damaged opponent so that fewer amount of regular-damage strikes are needed to take them down in case another Super-Effective attack doesn't come up.
    2. If your attack would only result in a regular-damage strike (at best) among at least some the defenders, then you will target whoever has the most amount of regular damage strikes among those defenders so you can KO them sooner.
    3. If your attack would only result in a regular-damage strike (at best) among at least some the defenders but those defenders have the same number of regular-damage strikes, then you just pick someone at random.
    4. Generally, you will try your best to avoid flinging your attack at someone where that attack would be considered "NOT VERY EFFECTIVE" but if there's no choice it would result in that at best among all the remaining defenders, then you have to do it. Of course you would rather do this than fling it at someone where it would result in a "NO EFFECT" outcome.
    5. And at the very bottom, if you absolutely can't avoid it at all and there's no choice but to fling your attack at someone where it would result in a "NO EFFECT" outcome because that's all that remains on the defending side, that's what happens.

Also, this would VERY NICELY deal with the problem we've been having with Ghost types! Trust me, I've been working hard to find ways to address that for DBR2 and now we've got loads of nice options.

(I definitely need to save this somewhere)

6. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

i would play the shintaki out of that. I am already coming up with wheels and everything. Already designing ugly themes too.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by N7 View Post
    i would play the shintaki out of that. I am already coming up with wheels and everything. Already designing ugly themes too.
    It's gunna be guuud!

So many good, lovely things coming to DBR2. Almost makes me want to rush through DBR1 and get it done, but I know I can't do that. :P

Wish I picked ghost types for DBR1.

My Links

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Wish I picked ghost types for DBR1.
    Eh, trust me, them having that unfair advantage was not intentional. I originally thought it was going to be okay because it works the other way around with ghosts flinging ghost moves at normal types, but the thing is almost all Pokemon have loads of normal-type moves and there's a strong chance one of those will be picked during the course of the battle.

But yeah, I'm doing what I can to address that in DBR2. They're going to be losing a lot of that cheesy advantage and there are even ways to use it against them, now. It is a tricky balancing act because I don't want to do the reverse and suddenly make it where they're now useless. The ideal setup is where the advantage is in using a variety and making the best use of it.

Administrator

Yeah, but we can’t rush through DBR1 sadly. Maaaaaybe if I had a good handle on creating stuff like Neoto help, but sadly I’m not to that point yet. Maybe someday. :p

Til then, just use your imagination to how much BETTER DBR2 will be. Cause hoooooo boy it’s gonna be gooooooooooood!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

That's okay, still having fun with DBR1.

My Links