Page 343 of 513 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 5121
    Administrator

It's not that fun. xD It can look cool though.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

I remember a few years back I had glasses that were completely scratched up, but I didn't get new ones for a few months. I started wearing them only when I went out for the day, and took them off at home since I didn't need them for just hanging around. I still do that, for some reason...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yeah glasses fall off way too easy and over a long period of use and time. They get to a point they fall off even easier due to being used so much. That and if you depend on them for a lot of use every day and have to take them off. Getting busy you can forget where you laid them down. Cause those straps they make aren't always to best to hang around with certain work loads as they can still fall off or break. Cleaning ain't the easiest thing either cause most fabric smudge it as opposed to cleaning it.
    Yeah, I remember having that issue. There were times I had to break out the Windex because it got bad and I had to treat it like I was cleaning a window.

And if those lenses got scratched, you were stuck with that until the next pair of glasses.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Man what the heck were y'all doing to your glasses? I played basketball with them for years and never scratched a lens. The only major incident was when I had a pair snap in half and my parents just made me wear an older prescription until we could afford new ones. But that's one pair out of over a decade's worth.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Man what the heck were y'all doing to your glasses? I played basketball with them for years and never scratched a lens. The only major incident was when I had a pair snap in half and my parents just made me wear an older prescription until we could afford new ones. But that's one pair out of over a decade's worth.
    Nah, I could barely participate in any physical activity with them on. If I got hit in the face with a soccer ball or basketball, they would burst into jigsaw puzzle pieces. Lenses would pop out and get more scratched up than an ice-skating rink, the microscopic screws would be lost to the void forever, and the frame would become mangled and twisted like the entirety of World War III was fought on it.

Because of that, I couldn't play hard, play well, or really be outgoing. Diving for the ball, rushing quickly to try and score a goal, or throwing myself in front of a ball to block another player's goal attempt couldn't happen with a $100 pair of glasses on the line. It was never worth the risk.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Nah, I could barely participate in any physical activity with them on. If I got hit in the face with a soccer ball or basketball, they would burst into jigsaw puzzle pieces. Lenses would pop out and get more scratched up than an ice-skating rink, the microscopic screws would be lost to the void forever, and the frame would become mangled and twisted like the entirety of World War III was fought on it.

Because of that, I couldn't play hard, play well, or really be outgoing. Diving for the ball, rushing quickly to try and score a goal, or throwing myself in front of a ball to block another player's goal attempt couldn't happen with a $100 pair of glasses on the line. It was never worth the risk.
    Bruh what glasses were you buying I never had this problem ever.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

Bruh what glasses were you buying I never had this problem ever.
    Actually no I had the same issues. I can't always perform very physical activities like sports especially. My glasses will eventually start to fall off. The more I begin to start a sweat. They won't stay on very well at all. I mean my glasses never broke THAT easily, but yeah they could easily get bent.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Actually no I had the same issues. I can't always perform very physical activities like sports especially. My glasses will eventually start to fall off. The more I begin to start a sweat. They won't stay on very well at all. I mean my glasses never broke THAT easily, but yeah they could easily get bent.
    Now the slipping off I could see because I had that problem too. It's why I wore a croakie for a while until I switched to contacts. But other than the one incident where they snapped in half my glasses never had any cracks, breakage, bending, or anything.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Now the slipping off I could see because I had that problem too. It's why I wore a croakie for a while until I switched to contacts. But other than the one incident where they snapped in half my glasses never had any cracks, breakage, bending, or anything.
    The only time I ever had severe bending enough I couldn't wear them anymore was not long after I just got new ones. Then on a trip, fell asleep with them on. They didn't wanna stay on after that. So that trip for me was pretty annoying not being able to see long distances.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oof yeah that sounds like a very sucky situation.
    / / / / / / / /