So today was a good day.

Had a DnD sesh, and it was a good one. My last few sessions haven't been great in that most of my rolls have sucked badly, and it really brought down how much I enjoyed it. Today was better. I had a good mixture of good and bad rolls, and it was actually really good.

Also managed to nab the coolest kill for this week, earning me an inspiration.

My character has a rapier that was forged by Gold dragons that was made to kill all dragons but Gold and Red. I knew it did extra damage but I wasn't sure how much.

We were going through a frozen cave. The ground was frozen and sloped downhill, making it hard to move without slipping. One of our characters (a werebear in full bear form) decided it'd be a good idea to slide down into the pitch black, and ended up running into a young white dragon.

A fight ensued, and I used the dragon slayer rapier. I hit, and rolled for ten damage, then heard the six words all of us want to hear.

"How do you wanna do this?"

See, when we kill something, our DM says that. That's how we know we have killed something. And at that point, we can come up with some creative kill, and possibly get inspiration.

Because the ground sloped, I had my character run and slide down the ice, before crouching and slicing at the dragons throat, using the momentum to spin, and as he went under the dragon, stabbing it in the heart.

I wasn't expecting the attack to kill it. I rolled ten and thought the rapier did triple damage to Dragons. Turns out that attack did 51 damage, which means it does at least 6x damage to dragons (bar red and gold)...

Legit, so keen for next session, and am spewing it will be the last one for the year...