Spriting Subform

I was curious if we could possibly have a Spriting/Sprite Shops sub forum?

Bear with me here, back on pe2k that was a very active sub forum. Heck it was the place I was most active in, my favorite place!
    I know the Artist Easel combines the two art forums, but lets face it the two are very different. I think it would make every neater if they were separate. I understand it's combine to be more convenient and give artist more exposure, but I think the artist easel is lacking in activity because people simply do not want to dig through forums to find what does sprites and what doesn't. People like sprite art more and while that saddens artist like myself, it's how it goes I guess. And I'm sure many are worried the Sprites will steal the attention from the artwork.
    BUT!
    If you open up a sprite shop or gallery, and people look at your work there, they might be interested in checking out your work in other mediums! Humans like having what they want first and easy before poking around in other things. Having what they want first will satisfy them and THEN they will be interested in seeking more different things. So there is a good chance it will bring MORE attention and activity to the artist easel!

So I do think it's something to consider!

{my sig is a work in progress.} { My Gallery } {banner by XaiakuX eep thank you!}

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

The main reason we haven't created a bunch of subforums (for all boards, not just art), is because we aren't active enough yet. Inactive boards make forums look pretty bad, so we're keeping everything condensed for now. Sprite art is usually more popular, I agree, and it is also neater, but we don't have a lot of spriting going on here yet, probably not enough for a whole board. If it takes off a bit more, we would definitely look at expanding to a sub board though. :) Still open to other opinions though, if anyone would like to contribute!
    GCEA

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

May I suggest two stickied threads which will act as directories. One with sprite art, the other as Graphic. It will be the job of the art mod to keep these updated. That way people can easily find graphic or sprite art, without the need for a subsection that will make the forum look somewhat dead.

Oh I see! That's understandable. ^^
    I suppose I'll go advertise these forums if that's alright? I'd love to see this place more active!

EDIT: That sounds nice Operator!
    And I forgot about graphic art (banners and avatars and such)!
    I actually am lacking a pretty signature banner and was searching the forums for people who make them haha~

{my sig is a work in progress.} { My Gallery } {banner by XaiakuX eep thank you!}

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaiso View Post
    Oh I see! That's understandable. ^^
    I suppose I'll go advertise these forums if that's alright? I'd love to see this place more active!

EDIT: That sounds nice Operator!
    And I forgot about graphic art (banners and avatars and such)!
    I actually am lacking a pretty signature banner and was searching the forums for people who make them haha~
    I honestly don't think that anyone here on PXR will have a problem with free advertisement of this board. xD Just saying!

Also, while this isn't necessarily adding any new material to the discussion, I suppose I'll just reiterate Sarah's point: a pixel art / spriting subforum would be fantastic. However, the only problem is that the art boards don't get a substantial amount of activity as is. I think that subforums will come when there is more of a need for organization, aka more threads. :>

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------