View Poll Results: A PXR masot, Yay or Nay?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay!

26 92.86%
  • Nay!

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A PXR Mascot?

A fairy a day keeps the Hydra away The-Hydra's Avatar

A PXR Mascot?

One thing I noticed right off the bat when I came here, Was that There seems to be no mascot. I mean, We have that little Pikachu right next to the site name, But he's not exactly a mascot, Just Pokémon's mascot to help make this seem more like a pokemon site. But I think it would be nice if we could get a more official mascot. A lot of pokemon sites have them. Serebii has Celebi, Smogon has Koffing, Pokestadium had Lucario, Etc., Etc. (Not really sure if PE2K had one, I never used that site for much beyond sprites) So I thought it might be a good idea to get a PXR mascot, A pokemon to come to mind when you hear the site's name. This thread is to discuss the possibility of a mascot, Or perhaps possible candidates. I actually don't have any mascot ideas myself, Except Aron since it supposedly eats railroad tracks. (Lame, I know XD) Any ideas/opinions?

Nominations:

Aron
    Manaphy
    Tyrogue
    Suicune
    Dunsparce
    Hydreigon
    Poliwhirl
    Last edited by The-Hydra; 01-09-2014 at 09:30 PM.
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

I think it would be cool and we should try and pick a Pokemon that's not used very much or as popular.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

3. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

We initially decided not to have a mascot Pokemon because everyone likes such different Pokemon and we wanted to represent all fans, rather than only a few. I think some kind of logo could be cool. Like maybe using Pokeball symbols or something universal and some pretty text, rather than a single/few Pokemon. Maybe we could have a logo design contest or something. The Aron idea is cute though. xD
    GCEA

I agree with that, Catie, Something that's not normally very popular, Thus making it more of a signature pokemon for PXR.
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

Senior Moderator

Why not have this Pokemon (whoever it is) be at a literal crossroads, like the four ways in to Saffron City?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Maybe we could have a logo design contest or something.
    I love this idea. I think it would be a refreshing way to start the new year on these forums. I know I am relatively new here but I think asking members and staff to enter into a create a logo contest (with some rules such as it should only feature one Pokemon) would be very interesting and a good way to bring everyone together! If you decide to execute this plan I would love to partake in some shape or form. If you want to keep the entire fan base included you could possibly host this sort of contest frequently so that the "logo" could change every so often! Just throwing some ideas around. Either way I think it could be interesting.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

If we did do a logo contest, Would the mascot be chosen by the designer, Or would some kind of poll be held to decide the mascot, Then all entries would feature said pokemon?
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Well the logo may not even include a Pokemon at all, as I mentioned above. (And if you think about it, the ones without Pokemon would probably be more likely to win because they appeal to more people than specific Pokemon do.) We could even use all the entries for different things around the forum as well and switch them up a bit, as Absol said. That way we don't really have a single mascot, but we have a bunch of logos that would appeal to all different people. :)
    GCEA

10. This post has been liked by:

As far as the Crossroads Themed Pokémon idea goes, we could use Eevee or Tyogue since they have multiple evolutions. We could also use Wurmple, since it's Evolution line splits or Poliwhirl for the same reason because it can evolve into Poliwrath or Politoed. Same with Gloom who can evolve into Vileplume or Bellossom and Kirlia who can evolve into Gardevoir or Gallade. Snorunt as well, since it evolves into Glalie or Froslass and Clampearl because it evolves into Gorebyss or Huntail. We can also use Unown because it has 28 different Formes and Deoxys because of it's multiple Formes. We can have a triple mascot of Pansage, Pansear, and Panpour since they're similar but different Types. Like you have to choose between them. Vivillion's pattern is determined on it's location, so it has many patterns. Arceus can change to any type too. Zorua and Zoroark can create the illusion of being anything as well. However, I think DITTO is the ideal mascot since it isn't exactly popular and it can change into ANY Pokémon.
    VPP:

we'll never forget our yesterdays
    Just popping in here to say that Ditto isnt the Pokemon that comes to my mind when I think "Crossroads".