Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What the F?!

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
    @ Shaymin: Sarah looked, can't see what's needed to check. I'll ask her though :P

Hmmm...Obliveon, you didn't happen to get any strange links that you clicked on, did you?
    No, I haven't seen or received any strange or foreign links and I never click them anyway because I'm very conscious about hackers. What IS strange is that the image was replaced, but not the link it goes to. :/
    VPP:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Did the image URL change? Because maybe something else was just uploaded over the previous image that you had there?
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Actually I can't access admin logs. xD I dunno if Apollo can. Harry or Ray will have to check it out. I can't imagine a mod would do this though. I can understand a joke, but that image is rule-breakingly big. Are you sure no one else knows your password or could have accessed your account?
    I'm positive. I always log out of public computers and my laptop and I live at least 7 miles from any friend who could use it or see my password as I enter it.
    VPP:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Did the image URL change? Because maybe something else was just uploaded over the previous image that you had there?
    No, it's the one I have now and it would've changed on every site. The 'PokeHunngry Mod' image would have to change on Tinypic. It was normal on every other website. In fact, I put the image code back in from my sig on PokeHunngry.
    VPP:

URPG Staff

I'm sorry, I admit. I teleported to your house using my special brony powers, changed it because it was cute, and teleported when I heard you come back. But its pinkie, and she's just so CUTE ;A;
    (im absolutely kidding here)

I would try backtracking the image or taking any other suggestions first though, sorry about not being able to really help ^^"

Quote Originally Posted by Obliveon View Post
    I'm positive. I always log out of public computers and my laptop and I live at least 7 miles from any friend who could use it or see my password as I enter it.
    The public computers could have been infected with a virus that recorded passwords (I believe called keyloggers?). I'd suggest a virus scan of your computer, as well, and then changing your password.

What is odd, however, is that this seems to be a prank. The issue is finding who did it. Prank or not, if a Senior Moderator or Admin did it, they broke privacy and must be dealt with. If someone got into your account, however, you'll need to change passwords (after virus scanning), and possibly on more sites if you find a virus or logged in elsewhere on other sites.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Dash View Post
    I'm sorry, I admit. I teleported to your house using my special brony powers, changed it because it was cute, and teleported when I heard you come back. But its pinkie, and she's just so CUTE ;A;
    (im absolutely kidding here)

I would try backtracking the image or taking any other suggestions first though, sorry about not being able to really help ^^"
    Yeah it's kind of cute, but it would've gotten me in serious trouble. The image was posted on Tinypic. There's no way for me to track it from there.
    VPP:

Quote Originally Posted by Grassy_Aggron View Post
    The public computers could have been infected with a virus that recorded passwords (I believe called keyloggers?). I'd suggest a virus scan of your computer, as well, and then changing your password.

What is odd, however, is that this seems to be a prank. The issue is finding who did it. Prank or not, if a Senior Moderator or Admin did it, they broke privacy and must be dealt with. If someone got into your account, however, you'll need to change passwords (after virus scanning), and possibly on more sites if you find a virus or logged in elsewhere on other sites.
    I doubt it was a public computer. The ones I use are college computers and they wipe their hardrives automatically every time they shut down. Besides, I don't know anyone at my college who would want to do this. The other public computers are my local ones at the Library, but no one in town knows I like Pokémon so they wouldn't be able to do this. There is ONE person who comes to mind, and who is a brilliant hacker, but I don't know who they are in real life and the "I got you a balloon" part doesn't fit their personality.

I suppose it's possible, but I doubt it. This computer is new and has Norton. I don't think it was a virus on my laptop but it has been working funny lately because Kaspersky antivirus needed to be renewed so it wouldn't let me update Windows 8.
    VPP:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Alright, it seems we've gone through all the scenarios. Someone will check the logs when possible to rule out the participation of staff. In the meantime, it would be a good idea to change your password, just in case. :)
    GCEA

Just because no one knows you like Pokemon, does not negate you from being a target. It would be someone you wouldn't know in the case of a virus catching your password, and at least it seemed to be a harmless prank. Viruses don't pick the victim, especially on public computers. They take all who come.

Knowing someone in real life does not make you safe from being hacked. In fact, it makes it easier for them due to the fact they can remain anonymous. Your friend may have done a prank, and you should ask them if you can.

EDIT: Do what Sarah suggested, but do a virus scan first.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~