Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    Putting mine in spoilers, too. :p

Spoiler:
    I'm not saying it was a bad ending because she died - I thought that was really well done. It's just part of me hates it when main characters die, and I was wanting a super-fun happy ending. xD But an ending like that wouldn't have done justice to the story overall, and I think it's teaching us an important lesson in self-sacrifice.

But yeah, the genetic damage thing was a bit iffy to me, as well. The whole time I was thinking 'whaaaaat?'. Like, all our genes are different to begin with, and it's our choices that matter. A GP could just as easily make the choice to destroy the world as a GD could. I kinda thought that was stupid, but ah well. I really can't wait for the second movie. :9 This series is getting me more pumped than Hunger Games, haha.
    Spoiler:
    It's hard when main characters die after a whole series. You get attached and stuff. I'm just really glad Harry didn't die at the end of HP because it was always a possibility. xD But yeah, it was mostly the genetic damage thing I didn't like because it was pretty nonsensical.

I'm kinda looking forward to Insurgent more than Mockingjay, only because I didn't like Mockingjay that much, but the movie still seems like it's gonna be pretty good!

Anyway I finished a book called Beta by Rachel Cohn. It was really weird. About soulless clones who live on some perfect island serving humans. It got super weird near the end but I won't spoil it. Probably won't bother with the sequel. I'm now reading the 5th Deltora Quest book until I have a chance to go to the library. xD
    GCEA

2. This post has been liked by:

Reading this book called the Wind-Up Bird Chronicles. It started off very strange, but now that I'm about half-way through (it's 600+ pages), it's still weird, but the story is really interesting. I'd recommend it, definitely. c:

I love the Terry Prattchet Novels, always have. Finally got around to picking up a copy of "Eric." Pretty funny as of now and includes, Rincewind, which is fun.

Spoiler:
    It's the afterstory of what happened to Rincewind after falling into an alternate dimension, which happens to be the same dimension that the demons and "hell-like" plane is. He comes back via a demonologist who wants to summon a powerful demon, but instead gets Rincewind instead. Fun stuff. And even though it's relatively short, haven't finished it yet. I don't get a lot of time to read on my free time v_v...

Good stuff, regardless.
    Straight from the obscure corners of Youtube!!! Redlark's (aka. Sensei Pong's)...

Pokemon Emerald: Nuzlocke Challenge!!!
    (now in HI-FI... not really)

What?... I also do fanfics? Sweet!
    Pika Pika Picnic - [Comedy] [PG-13: Crude Humor] - Completed

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Currently I am reading "It" by Stephen King. It is literally horrifying.

Ever After High: Storybook of Legends: by Shannon Hale

I know Ever After High is a Doll line. The plot is actually pretty good.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Redlark View Post
    I love the Terry Prattchet Novels, always have. Finally got around to picking up a copy of "Eric." Pretty funny as of now and includes, Rincewind, which is fun.

Spoiler:
    It's the afterstory of what happened to Rincewind after falling into an alternate dimension, which happens to be the same dimension that the demons and "hell-like" plane is. He comes back via a demonologist who wants to summon a powerful demon, but instead gets Rincewind instead. Fun stuff. And even though it's relatively short, haven't finished it yet. I don't get a lot of time to read on my free time v_v...

Good stuff, regardless.
    I've read a few Terry Prattchet novels. He's a bit of a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardmon View Post
    Ever After High: Storybook of Legends: by Shannon Hale

I know Ever After High is a Doll line. The plot is actually pretty good.
    I was reading the wiki page for Ever After High a while ago and it actually seemed kinda interesting. xD I really like fairy tales.
    GCEA

The Mirror Empire by Kameron Hurley. I loved her Bel Dame Apocrypha trilogy and I suspect I won't be disappointed with her newest title. :D

Warrior's bramblestars storm

I picked up this random book from an op shop called Spirit Gate and I haven't gotten past the first few pages, so I'm not sure how good it's going to be, but the blurb sounded interesting. x)

Mansfield Park by Jane Austen for school. The Whispering Skull by Jonathan Stroud for leisure. :3