The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Fizzy Bubbles/more Pokémon RPGs?

Fizzy Bubbles is a Pokémon RPG that's based around adventuring in various zones. It's been around since the days of Red and Blue, and apparently the first ever Pokémon RPG.

So, could it work at PXR? We've already got a Pokémon RPG section, and Fizzy Bubbles could be a great way to expand that section. Alternatively, maybe we could add more RPGs like URPG from PE2K, or one of the other ones floating around the internet.

Could any of them work on PXR? I don't know, but what I do know is that having a vast array of Pokémon RPGs could make this site an 'RPG Hub' eventually.

Could you possibly explain "Fizzy Bubbles" more? I'm kind of curious on what it entails although is basically sounds like URPG and GCeA - just mixed together.

Jolteon owns all other eeveelutions~ ;D

Noivern: 1091
    ♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
    Check out my GCeA Stats here!|Check out my ASBL Stats here!|My Breeding Center!

To be honest, I'm no expert on it, but here's what seems to happen;

the game is centred around zones. When you want to register, you'd join through a zone called 'The Arcane Realm'. You can then begin your adventure in up to three zones, each using a different Pokémon. You can buy things using either Rare Candy or Coins (usually with an exchanging service), even though Rare Candies still retain their level-up function from the games. There's usually a Rare Candy distribution in the regular PokéMart on Mondays, so that's just something to be aware of.

You can participate in battles or contests, depending on your preference. You can challenge Gyms, and Contests function like their game counterparts. When battling, you use Health and Energy, a lot like our own ASB. Winning a battle gives the winning Pokémon two levels, and a trophy.

So yeah, it does seem very much like URPG and GCeA's love child (maybe with ASB as the surrogate). XD

If we do add FB to the RPG list, though, I should say there are a few incarnations of Fizzy Bubbles, and there are different shops and zones exclusive to each area. I'd suggest basing ours off the Ultimate Pokémon Network version, as it has the most shops and includes Trainer-on-Trainer battles. We could add our own Zones and shops if it takes off.

P.S.: I think it'd be great if PXR did give more focus to Pokéomn RPGs, just so there is more activity and, therefore, more fun.

4. This post has been liked by:

I'm not directly part of the staff, therefore I cannot approve nor disapprove this suggestion but I find it absolutely interesting (since I'm a major fan of RPG's). However, to me it really sounds like what we already have going on. If there were tweaks that made it specifically unique it could possibly have a shot here, however, then a lot more planning would need to be set into this to make it an actual reality.

I do like the ideas and concepts though! I hope this gets looked at and considered! I, for one, agree that there should be a larger focus on some RP elements in the thread. But, hey, that's just me, haha. I applaud you for coming up and giving your ideas though! :D

Jolteon owns all other eeveelutions~ ;D

Noivern: 1091
    ♥ Jolteon Lover ♥
    Check out my GCeA Stats here!|Check out my ASBL Stats here!|My Breeding Center!

It is a bit like what we've got already, I suppose... I guess it could appeal to some people, though. But you're right, it would need a lot of planning to be as successful as the ones on the larger forums.I wasn't here when GCeA and ASB were planned, so I'd have no clue how to do that, though.

And thanks! I'm an ideas person, so this will probably become my domain over time. o3o You're right about the RPs, too; they definitely need some more attention. I might as well say honestly think that RPs should have more focus as a whole whilst I'm talking about it, but meh, I can't change Teh Interwebs (I can die trying ).

7. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I think the thing with these large RPs, is that the staff of the RPs have to want to come here. We can't just start it up without their permission. GCEA was something started on PE2K and moved over here, and ASB was started somewhere else, expanded to PE2K and then here. Both were managed by their own staff. We also have a few other large scale RPs potentially opening soon, so stay tuned! :) But if the Fizzy Bubbles staff were interested in expanding here, then we would definitely be willing to discuss it with them! As of right now though, with a few more RPs in the works, I'm not sure if we want to pursue any more right now. We don't want to spread our members too thinly.

I think it would be pretty awesome if PXR became a hub for large RPGs!
    GCEA

I didn't know that you needed approval from the creators of the RP... That throws a spanner in the works. D: Well, I'm sure that if we become big/esteemed enough, the folks at Serebii, UPN or Bulbagarden could want to expand here. You never know what might happen...

And I'll be looking forward to seeing those RPs; I'm getting all excited now. Members spreading out thinly would be a problem, but it could be prevented with equal treatment to all of the RPs, so the members get to choose which one is right for them.

I'd love it if PXR could become a huge hub for RPs. I'm even thinking of making some smaller RPGs here like the ones I had set up a while ago. That reminds me; maybe there could be a bonus fro participating in the RPs in the actual RP forum, too?

I really do suggest too much...
    Last edited by Blaquaza; 01-14-2014 at 02:16 PM.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

You have lots of good ideas, thanks for sharing! You should definitely start some RPs if you have ideas! What kind of bonuses were you thinking of? :)
    GCEA

No problem; I like to share!

As for bonuses, maybe like a 'trophy' or some kind of achievement for active RPers? Or, for those that aren't already mods, a member title? Just something to show acknowledgement. If you go with a member title-type of thing, then there could even be ones for all of the different sections of PXR.