Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Dragon Masters Sprites

Dragon Master's Sprites

I decided now that a specific section for sprites exists, that i will make a thread for all my sprites.

Most Recent:

More sprites. This one was for the random contest.

I actually prefer the following version, but I entered the above version because it had to have something to do with valentines day, so I colored it pink.

Had a few others, but they mostly sucked.

Edits and Fusions:

Scratches:

Devamps and Revamps:

Recolors:

Not much here yet. That will change.
    Last edited by Dragon Master Mike; 02-21-2014 at 11:57 AM.

It's awesome that you opened your own sprite gallery too! :D I hope more people do so this section becomes active!

I really like your Christmas torterra. O: I think the brown underside and legs could have been a different colour, although I'm not sure what and I suppose the brown representing a tree trunk is a pretty decent idea anyway. xD I like the infernape, although it would have been pretty cool if you'd given him some some sort of outfit to match his title or something. xD

The recolours are good, but I think the colours on the garchomp are a little too faded and should probably be bolder. There's also a stray pixel on top of its head. xD

Remember to post in the General Spriter's Showcase too. ;P Looking forward to seeing more! 8D

~SF.

GCEA Staff

Thanks =D I will go post the new ones in the general spriters showcase. I have two new sprites that i made today. My first attempts at merging. The first came out kinda poorly but im satisfied with the second.

No worries! :D Okay, awesome! I'll critique them there then (including the lapras and Mewtwo). x) Just to say now, they're pretty cool. xD I especially like what you did with the, uh...Onishieldcavalier. With a horn. XD

GCEA Staff

I decided to attempt some devamps. The garchomp was my first attempt and its not so good, but i think the metagross is alright. Wow, im really loving this spriting stuff.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I think you got the hang of it on Metagross' front right leg/arm/whatever that thing is there. With the light/white colour and dithering. It could probably use more of that on top of the head and on the other front leg too. But it's cool you picked it up so quickly, I have no idea how to do devamps. xD I like your other sprites too. Especially the Christmas Torterra and the Onix/Shieldon/Excavalier!
    GCEA

With devamps, it depends what gen you're doing, but the outlines are never just black. They're always coloured in places, and their two colours are often far apart on a shade scale. They also use the colours to shade the other parts, such as using the lighter blue to shade the silver cross. You also need more dark shading, which can be done with black as you have demonstrated, or with the darker colour. If you reference an old sprite, you'll see better how they used the colours. :] Good attempt, though. :D

GCEA Staff

Thank you both for the compliments! Im so happy to hear people think these are are coming out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    If you reference an old sprite, you'll see better how they used the colours. :] Good attempt, though. :D
    I did use an old sprite for reference. I took the colors from an R/B/Y Nidoran sprite (Or some Pokemon like Nidoran). Also, there was a color darker than the black i used? and on both of the sprites i looked at all the outlines were colored in black.

From now on i will post less often in bigger batches of sprites.

No worries! 8D And yeah, I certainly do!

Ah my bad. xD Oh really? Okay then, I apologise for my assumptions. I suppose it depends on the sprite, as yeah, a lot of them do have a lot of black around the outlines. I think I'm perhaps overdoing mine. xD

Why are you going to do that? o: In my opinion it's better to post more frequently, as it's easier to critique. xD

ALSO DID YOU SEE I POSTED ON YOUR STORY THREAD?! :D

~SF

GCEA Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post

Why are you going to do that? o: In my opinion it's better to post more frequently, as it's easier to critique. xD
    ~SF
    Well, I was going to wait, but because of that I guess I will post my most recent sprite(s).

I made a Froakie, then devamped said Froakie. Alright, i have to admit: I cheated slightly because I traced the Veekun picture to get the outlines(You should have seen my outlines on my Honedge i took down), but i did the shading on my own. The colors were taken from the froakie picture and edited slightly.