Brightside's Music Shack (Original Compositions)

(I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so if one of you mods knows a better place to put it, then just let me know)

Hey there! I'm just a music nerd who likes writing music. So I decided to put my music here to share with all of you guys. It's all instrumental stuff, though; none of that electric stuff. Hoping to be able to record music myself sometime, though for now I have to write all of this on a website called Noteflight. You should check that place out, it's pretty cool!

I write stuff in a multitude of genres, so I'll categorize everything by genre. Beyond genre, each song is listed from most recent to the oldest. Hope you guys enjoy my schtuff!

String Orchestral/Ensembles
    Spoiler:
    Appreciation - - a quartet containing viola, cello, double bass, and piano in F major. Written for one of my friends in real life.
    Game Over - A gloomy orchestral piece containing strings, trumpet, trombone, piano, and percussion. Follows a progression from depression, to anger, and to insanity.
    Versus Chaos - An exciting, chaotic orchestral piece containing strings and percussion. A battle song inspired by various Pokemon battle themes, namely Lance's theme.
    Viola Duet - A simple viola duet in E minor.
    Wistful Wild (Cello Quartet Arrangement) - A cello quarter arrangement of the Wistful Wild theme from the game Pikmin 2.
    Tragedy and Triumph - a gloomy orchestral piece containing strings and percussion that slowly shifts into a brighter tone.
    Saria's Song/Lost Woods (String Quartet Arrangement) - a string quartet version of Saria's Song/Lost Woods from the Legend of Zelda series.
    Song of Storms (String Quartet Arrangement) - a string quartet version of the Song of Storms, also from the Legend of Zelda series.
    Endeavor - a string orchestra arrangement featuring only strings. This was also my first ever full composition.

Rock/Metal/Etc.
    Spoiler:

Song of Time (Metal Cover) - a metal version of the Song of Time from the Legend of Zelda series.
    Song of Storms (Rock Cover) - a rock version of the Song of Storms from the Legend of Zelda series.
    Endeavor (Acoustic Cover) - a cover of my string orchestral song, Endeavor, on acoustic guitar.
    Wood & Steel - a duet containing an upright bass and an electric bass. One of my first ever compositions.

Piano Solos
    Spoiler:

Alex's Lullaby - a solo in A major. Meaning explained in the description of the song on the page.
    Song for an Invaluable Friend - a piano solo in G major. As the title explains, it's written for one of my friends in real life.

Jazz/Funk
    Spoiler:

Salty Blues - blues groove in C minor. As the description says, it's for an imaginary trio I write songs for called Idiot Triplet. Might make a separate category for them once I finish more songs by them.

If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask! I'm considering doing requests or commissions in the future possibly. Hope guys enjoyed my songs!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

It's really cool that you write music! I am going to move this to the media hall for now since I think it fits better there. :)
    GCEA

This is pretty cool. :D So it's a site where you post your written music, as opposed to your recordings of music? I can't read music, but I'd love to hear it recorded sometime! :D Keep at it.

Those metal/rock covers of LoZ songs would be amazing. XD Someone needs to do them. I'd love to hear the other ones too, especially after reading their descriptions. xD

~SF.

@Sarah Thanks! And sorry about that, wasn't sure where to put it. So thanks for that too! :P

@Suicune Yup! And I definitely do want to record it. I can already play most of the bass parts as far as the non-orchestral songs go, so all I really need is the gear and a drummer and I should be good to go :P

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

It would be awesome if you could record them sometime! I'm learning piano but I'm still a beginner and those piano solos look a bit too complicated for me still, otherwise I would totally give them a shot!
    GCEA