Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    @XaiakuX

Asked me for a Scizor "sprite" for the Team mini-banner for Team Awesome. :P Might not be exactly what you had in mind though. It might be a little bit big, so I guess just use whatever you can of it. xD It's a pixel-over from the Sugi artwork because I'm being lazy. Ah, as my dad always says: work smart, not hard. xD I did have a lot of fun with this though!

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

2. This post has been liked by:

Not a clue, man TheoreticalSelkie's Avatar
    I know you showed me this on Skype but hggggh I really like the colors. They all fit so well together and plus you're doing great work with cutting down your colors. I don't see too many glaring mistakes, so keep up the awesome work :D

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I LOVE YOUR SNEASEL! :D That Scizor is also awesome. I look forward to seeing the final userbars :D
    GCEA

I know you showed me this on Skype but hggggh I really like the colors. They all fit so well together and plus you're doing great work with cutting down your colors. I don't see too many glaring mistakes, so keep up the awesome work :D
    Thanks, Selkie! Hahah, I know you're really fond of recycling colors, but sometimes that isn't ALL of what matters. x] Though yes, it does matter a great deal in most scenarios x3

I LOVE YOUR SNEASEL! :D That Scizor is also awesome. I look forward to seeing the final userbars :D
    Thanks, Sarah! I'm really looking forward to seeing the final result, also!

Anyway I know I showed Selkie on Skype, but using colors in that way was inspired by some guides on DeviantART made by cospixels. I'll post them here in case anyone is interested, because she does a great job at explaining it.
    Palette Creation
    Color Stuffs Part 2
    Using Colors
    Full Circle Color Ramps

I was inspired ESPECIALLY by that last one! AAAAAAAA SO AWESOME o A o

Oh, and also yesterday Selkie linked me to a pixel art blog on tumblr that focuses on weekly challenges, this week's challenge being Tamagotchi-styled sprites. Turns out this is actually WAY more fun than I originally thought it would be. I started out with Houndour, then Sunkern. I'm pretty sure I need to fix Sunkern badly...it could probably benefit from being a little bigger. That being said, crits are totally appreciated.
    Then I made Gengar because I figured I'd make one for all of my VPP Pokemon.

I didn't go all-out with the first animations, though I think I fixed that with Gengar.

Edit: This one was CHALLENGING. Shiny Ludicolo, for VPP again
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-08-2015 at 02:20 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Ohh what a cool idea! They're so cute! The animations are great. I love the Gengar. I always wanted a Pokemon tamagotchi besides the Pikachu ones xD
    That color ramp stuff looks pretty nice. I am terrible with colours so I am definitely gonna give those a read!
    GCEA

Shiny Serperior, for VPP.

Last Tamagotchi Pokemon for now. I wanted to experiment with color again, using pixel-overs as a terrible excuse. I wanted to do a similar thing that I had done with the Scizor.

The RNG said Kyurem, so I accepted the challenge! I actually had a lot of fun with this one, since Kyurem's hide isn't as shiny and smooth as Scizor's. And because of the ice 8D C+C always appreciated!

Furret! Originally I had that pink be a completely separate color from the third-lightest brown. Then I remembered that I'm trying to experiment with colors, here, so I merged the pink and brown to be one color. I was actually really shocked at how well it worked out. Just made a couple of adjustments and I was done. Also the pink pixel in Furret's eyes are supposed to add just a dash of color, as well as give it just a teeny-tiny more of a shimmer. Just a small thing, really.
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 05-10-2015 at 06:08 AM.

------------

8. This post has been liked by:

Did one for Moltres. These are about the dimensions of a side-profile mini banner for WAR, so I wonder if @Neo Emolga would be interested in incorporating this into his team mini-banner? :P If not, that's cool, just the RNG said Moltres and I thought that the coincidence was uncanny, to say the least!

------------

10. This post has been liked by:

That Moltres looks great I really love the colors of it. And you know me I'd love to see Zapdos. :D
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Oh man, your pixel work is fantastic! I just finished looking through every single page of this thread haha.
    I love the Furret and Weavile the most, I think, but honestly all of your stuff is great. I'm really looking forward to seeing more. c:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Did one for Moltres. These are about the dimensions of a side-profile mini banner for WAR, so I wonder if @Neo Emolga would be interested in incorporating this into his team mini-banner? :P If not, that's cool, just the RNG said Moltres and I thought that the coincidence was uncanny, to say the least!
    Yeah, I had already finished it, but that is a great Moltres though!

14. This post has been liked by: