Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EZ View Post
    THAT WARTORTLE IS LIFE OMG

*ahem*

You are too dang good at this, it is just amazing
    Ahakshj THANK YOU. Wartortle was a lot of fun to shade!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    SPEEDY you are amazing. Such awesome pixel work, as always. :3 Those cannons do look tough. xD Y U B TOUGH, CANNONS
    NOT AS BAD AS BUTTERFREE'S WINGS HOLY HELL

I'm on mobile, therefore I can't really post the shinies. Ah well! I had a lot of fun with Caterpie and Metapod for some reason. Butterfree was just a pain. Even noe I think I'll go back and fix the wing tips soon, because the ones closest to us (markings on the wing tip) just look larger compared to the farther one. Like that makes sense because of the fact that one set of wings IS closer to the viewer, but...yeah, too much xD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Ermahlerd, those wings tho. THOSE WINGS THO. That must have taken...ages. The antialiasing is so amazingly beautiful. Honestly I have never seen someone do it as well as you can. The metapod looks sooooo stalkerish. XD

3. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Ermahlerd, those wings tho. THOSE WINGS THO. That must have taken...ages. The antialiasing is so amazingly beautiful. Honestly I have never seen someone do it as well as you can. The metapod looks sooooo stalkerish. XD

Ahahah yeah, I remember when I was a kid I always thought that the spike on Metapod's back was actually the front. Therefore I always thought that metapod looked like those cartoony depictions of crescent moons with a giant nose and a weird face. Except that the eyes looked angry. :P I don't think I realized that Metapod's orientation was different until like gen III or IV. Even to this day I STILL tend to see it like that in some depictions. :P At least in its modern portrayals its intended orientation is MUCH more clear. Lel.

Gat sum nuuuu pergermerns.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

5. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Ahahah yeah, I remember when I was a kid I always thought that the spike on Metapod's back was actually the front. Therefore I always thought that metapod looked like those cartoony depictions of crescent moons with a giant nose and a weird face. Except that the eyes looked angry. :P I don't think I realized that Metapod's orientation was different until like gen III or IV. Even to this day I STILL tend to see it like that in some depictions. :P At least in its modern portrayals its intended orientation is MUCH more clear. Lel.
    Wait...what. o__________o WHAT. WHAAAAAAAAAT. ARE YOU TELLING ME IT ISN'T A NOSE?!?!?!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!

I feel like my world has been turned upside down. No. It is totally the nose. SPEED I CAN'T ACCEPT THAT THE SPIKE ISN'T ITS NOSE! Can't do it. Oh my god this is a shocking revelation. What. What. No. No. It takes on a whole completely different look if its face is the other way. I can't accept that. Metapod will always be angry to me.

I LOVE THE ONES YOU JUST POSTED! Especially the pikachu one. O_O I don't know why but it looks so shiny and awesome! XD I love it. Very well done. C: I don't know how you have so much patience but it's awesome. xD

7. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Haha so this is where the Metapod thread came from XD

Those Pika are adorable, Speed! I also love Beedrill, it looks like it's at a disco from behind xD Kakuna and Weedle are pretty cute :)
    GCEA

9. This post has been liked by:

@Suicune's Fire
    ...Wait, seriously? O_o Yeah, lol, the spike is just a back spike. :p Here:

Honestly it was a relief to me when I found out because the other way around it just. Looks. So. Strange. Plus I think I recall its String Shot attack coming from that area with all the lines on its actual "face."

Edit: I didn't know this but apparently Metapod has always had three spikes on its back (can't see the middle one in this screenshot) until the introduction of Gen VI???? WTF. I think the two spikes on the sides got moved up closer to the front of its body after Gen V. asjdlkfjasf

Also, Raichu and female Pika

Thanks guys! :o

------------

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Beautiful sprites, as always, but this. Was one of the biggest. Revelations. Of my life. When I realized.

12. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

These are just crazy incredible. I love your sprite art, it never ceases to amaze and wow me. 8D

And yeah, I can see where those Butterfree wings would be tough. That sure didn't stop you from pulling it off beautifully! And these other back sprites are awesome, too. :3

14. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
    Beautiful sprites, as always, but this. Was one of the biggest. Revelations. Of my life. When I realized.
    I know, right? I honestly thought Xanthe was kidding just now by saying that I just opened her eyes to a whole new slew of possibilities. Apparently I was wrong. xD It's like one of those OHHHHHHH I GET IT THAT MAKES SENSE WHY DIDN'T I SEE THAT BEFORE. That's like me when I realized what the Nurse Joy and Blue overworld sprites from Red and Blue were meant to look like. For the former, what I saw was a weird colored, circle-shaped thing with eyes that were meant to convey like, droopy eyes, and the black below these "eyes" was a mustache and the white arms was the open mouth and the black below that was a beard. As for Blue...I just always thought his mouth was always open really big. I still can't unsee that ****. I swear to god Red and Blue had TERRIBLE readability in regards to their sprites...ESPECIALLY overworlds. Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    These are just crazy incredible. I love your sprite art, it never ceases to amaze and wow me. 8D

And yeah, I can see where those Butterfree wings would be tough. That sure didn't stop you from pulling it off beautifully! And these other back sprites are awesome, too. :3
    asfad thank you! Yeah, Butterfree's wings are just a pain. I love to do the anti-aliasing in them though. <3

HOW DID JIGGLYPUFF ONLY TAKE 5 MINUTES TO MAKE. HOW.
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 12-27-2016 at 07:09 AM.

------------

16. This post has been liked by:

And this is probably ANOTHER iso project I'm going to end up not finishing, but I'm damn-sure going to try so I have SOME iso project that I can say I finished. It's the female protag's house from ORAS. Her room, anyway. Check out the process (kinda) in the spoiler tags:
    Spoiler:

Here's how far I am as of now. I want to block in everything for the most part and work on refining it all as I go along. Me finishing the desk was just a way to test the waters to see how I wanted the shading to go.

I also didn't want to have to deal with creating a palette from nothing so I've been pretty much using Dawnbringer32's generic 32-color palette as a reference. :p

------------

18. This post has been liked by: