Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

PE2K Accessible! (For Now)

This is no joke thread, or anything to do with URPG's random tradition of hiding promotions/news with a crazy title. PE2K is legit accessible now! I didn't know where else to post this, but I figured this would work as good as anywhere else, as I imagine this news will travel fast.

PE2K Forums

I don't know how or why...I was cleaning out and sorting my Bookmarks for Chrome when I found a link to an old RP of mine on PE2K. I didn't expect it to load, so you can imagine my surprise when it actually did. Checking around, I could access every section, though most of the forum has been flooded with a CRAPLOAD of spam. The URPG section was spared thanks to being locked once the branch was closed there.

I don't know if Harry or Kenny or maybe even Ryan did something, or if maybe archiving FINALLY kicked in properly, or what's going on. I was able to log in too, though, as well as change my password and even post a new thread. Now as far as I know, archived sites don't let you do stuff like that. Which means somehow PE2K has risen from the grave?

I don't even know if this is permanent or some random thing that'll stop working as suddenly as it started. If you have anything submitted to PE2K that you feared was lost, now would be a good time to get it before the forums have a chance to explode and vanish again.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

FINALLY! now I can go back and find the story!

WHO WANTS TO SEE THE BEST STORY TO EVER BE ON PE2K????

http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/foru...d.php?t=112037

Yup. I totally wrote that. Yup. It totally sucks.

URPG Official/Head of Contests SLC's Avatar
    This is great, hopefully it stays up. Of course, the only reason I'd be interested in it is URPG history, but even then that's a pretty good thing.

PE2K 4 lyf
    Join the URPG, the #1 Battling Simular. All of the mons, none of the limits - Create, Capture, Compete.

| LINKS |

And thanks to that, I've retrieved my URPG Contest Stats! Whoopie.
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

@Dog of Hellsing I think you just became everyone's new best friend for this. xD
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

6. This post has been liked by:

Ash K. 

Haha, I was so shocked and happy when the forum loaded and stuff. Even now I have the most retarded grin on my face.

This whole thing is quite the mystery, though. Unless the site/forum are somehow operating for free, someone had to have paid for the bandwidth again or something for all the features to be available, right? Yet I saw no mentions in any section about a revival. So...did I maybe accidentally stumble upon a secret plan to bring PE2K back and ruin the surprise? (I doubt it XD)

Whatever the reason, this is awesome. I hope it's permanent, but even if not, I'm so happy for the chance to get the works I'd thought I'd lost.

OMG I just went in and took a really nice long trip down memory lane (especially stalking my ASB history, because omg I forgot some of my own pokemon's names xD)

Also LOL @ the amount of spambot threads XD

URPG Staff

Figured I'd post my theory on this that is totally probably wrong but here I go.

Due to the lack of a head administrator, the site actually wasn't shut down, but more so the system fell in on itself due to pretty much an overwhelming amount of what we can see to be spambots and spam posts. Posts were major on it, and the forum couldn't load unless you always had it open 24/7/365. It probably is permanent if the spambots are taken out of the system, and the site's coding structure and well, whatever you have already said Hellsing has worked itself back to working.

Anyways, I'm just going to sit here with the rest of my Pokestadium members knowing we will never get our original site back /cries

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yeah I guess it could be possible that the spambots killed it. o_O Some of them have over 4000 posts. I don't think I have the admin powers to mass delete them either, ick.

Anyway I'm really glad it's back, even if only for a little while. Gave me a chance to save some important things!
    GCEA

Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook! Kaoru's Avatar

I just copied over my WFL stats to Word. xD Might as well get everything that I can!
    Paired with the awesome and lovable 💕Trainer17💕

"Don't get cooked... Stay off the hook!"

Spoiler:
    links ★ Greninja level100@1748 ★
    warrior recordprism statsasb stats