Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your OCD's

Your OCD's

We all have that one thing that no matter what it just HAS to be a certain way. Granted we're no where near as bad as Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. Because we don't really have a strict bathroom schedule and heaven forbid you sit in his spot on the sofa. So what is it that no matter how small and pointless it may seem to other people...drives you nuts?

For me it doesn't matter who it is I hate people using my pillow. I take my own pillow everywhere I go. Another is I have to have the volume on the TV set at intervals of 5.....so like 20...25...30...so forth. I can't stand it when it would be 23 or 37.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    For me, colors and numbers are like that. Anything chromatic, be it M&M candies or colored pencils, must be in rainbow order. And while I'm not super strict about it, I love multiples of five and three. I agree with the TV volume thing - I vastly prefer a multiple of five when I'm adjusting my sound; other numbers are ~okay~ but I can't live with it being a prime number (that's not, y'know, five).

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

It annoys me when numbers aren't either even, a 3, a 7, or multiples of five. What Caite-Chan said about the TV volume would be the kind of thing that an odd number would bother me in. If I was going to lower the volume, and it hit 53%, I would have to lower it to 50%, or at least 52%, so it would be even.

I also have a thing with the chair I sit in at my kitchen table when I'm eating. I always have to sit in the same chair.

Oh, and I always take showers twice a day, even if I know I'm going to get dirty an hour later.

Wow I thought I was really crazy about the whole volume deal. xD
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Like said, odd numbers. Depending on how big the percentage is, I'd like the number to end with 0.

Also when things aren't symmetrical. That really bothers me.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

My bookshelves always have to be arranged the way I want them to be arranged and where I like them. Recently, I decided to shuffle my bookshelf and put things into alphabetical order, and it drove me mental for a while before I got used to the new order because they just "weren't in the right place" in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    For me it doesn't matter who it is I hate people using my pillow. I take my own pillow everywhere I go. Another is I have to have the volume on the TV set at intervals of 5.....so like 20...25...30...so forth. I can't stand it when it would be 23 or 37.
    I'm the same for intervals of 5, and I know a hell of a lot of people who are similar. Some are more lax, like DM, and are okay just with even numbers, but I've even met a few poor people who can only deal with it on multiples of 10.

I'm big on ordering things and arranging things, and I've been this way since I was child. I had probably the most organised set of Pokémon cards out of everyone I knew, even my hundreds of doubles and energy cards. And I have reordered many a deck of playing cards before.

I don't have a problem if things are out of place, however, because I take more fun from doing the ordering than I do when the things are actually ordered :P
    Completing Generation III

Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I am a bit of a germophobe and I can't stand things being dirty. Messy is okay, but not dirty. The kitchen and bathroom bother me most. I have gotten quite good at ignoring issues like that but if I actually start cleaning then everything needs to be spotless and perfect. It bothers me when someone else is cleaning and they miss things or aren't thorough enough, so I'd rather just do it myself. I also wash my hands too much and am careful about touching things that other people have touched, especially in public bathrooms and stuff like taps, light switches, door handles etc. If I think about it too much, I start getting too obsessive so I just try not to worry. xD

I also enjoy ordering things and am always rearranging things. One of my favourite things to do used to be to take all my Pokemon off my shelf and rearrange them according to colour or type of merchandise or Pokemon. I have so much now though, that it's really hard to fit everything back on if I move it, so I haven't done that in a long time.
    GCEA

Breaker of the Fourth Wall Tyler Phoenix's Avatar
    I'm OCD about order and neatness, in that my obsession is breaking it - I need something to look like I've left my own mark on it. I can't stand the idea of cold, clean, conformity. I like uniqueness, I like everything looking different.

Oh, and no-one can use my pillow and mine goes everywhere with me.

The only thing I'm hyper-picky about is the type of shampoos and deoderants I use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    I only get OCD when I see a pattern. Like when I noticed that all of my scores in my Arts practicums are 18. So I "did my best" to achieve the other practicums a score of 18. Although I failed at one practicum with a score of 17. XD

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630