Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    Sarah, that is sooooo cute! :D Good luck!
    Aww thank you! I'm seriously impressed by everyone's entries and the improvements we've all made over the weeks! :D Using only four shades was really difficult. xD
    GCEA

Alright, homies, I'll be posting the results soon so good luck to all of you! :D I agree with Sarah. You've all come so far and it's delightful to see such awesome entries. x) And don't worry, Minunrocks, you did it right. :D

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I only wish I had time to enter. TT__TT But sadly I don't have enough free time in my week to enter three categories.

I also think by trying lots of different things, even those we don't like, we're always going to get a bit better.
    Last edited by Chibi Altaria; 08-12-2014 at 04:42 AM.

4. This post has been liked by:

Good luck to everyone! This is the FINAL TRIAL....
    XD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Hey guys. I'm so sorry I'm late with this but here you go!

Grading!
    Spoiler:
    @MrZangetsu
    Team Trainer

Neatness: 4/10
    Creativity: 8/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 5/10
    Relevance: 5/5
    Total: 22/35
    Comments:
    I can really appreciate your tribute to Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. I like that you chose to do a ruby golem, even if it’s not the traditional pokémon “Golem.” Lol. Anyway, the style of shading is cell, I believe, which doesn’t translate well when dealing with light sources. I understand you may have been going for a ‘reflective gemstone’ sort of look, but it doesn’t really look like it. If you hadn’t explained that that’s what your sprite was, I wouldn’t have known. Everything is very uneven and unrefined, so I would encourage you to spend more time ensuring that lines are appropriately shaped (such as roundness for the head), and also that the shades of red aren’t too close together. The darkest lines would do better if they were darker, because there isn’t enough of a distinction based on the richness of the red you’ve gone for. All in all though, cool idea. :]

@Brettles
    Team Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Neatness: 7/10
    Creativity: 7/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 7/10
    Total: 26/35
    Comments:
    Ooh, just within the 96x96 pixel restriction! I always enjoy seeing the processes you go through; it helps me mark you higher for effort, and your end result is always an improvement from your previous attempts. I like that you took the time to do the scales. I think the black stripes were a good idea, as it fills that empty space and gives a more elaborate feel. I think the oversized head takes away from the sprite, as it deducts from a level of realism and comprehension. That might be a strange thing to say, but for me I don’t like the giant head. The light source is also questionable, but overall you didn’t do too badly. :] AWESOME CAKE BY THE WAY!

@XaiakuX
    Team Awesome

Neatness: 5/10
    Creativity: 7/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 6/10
    Total: 23/35
    Comments:
    I do enjoy slimes, but this one is pretty jagged. There are many places where you could have made the lines much smoother and rounded, which only requires a little bit of tweaking but makes a huge difference. The shading isn’t bad, but it could be better. Contrary to your statement, I don’t find this thing the slightest bit creepy; in fact, it’s quite cute. xD Nice job, but keep in mind to stick to smooth lines and shapes. x)

@Minunrocks
    Team Aqua

Neatness: 8/10
    Creativity: 9/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 8/10
    Relevance: 0/5
    Total: 25/35
    Comments:
    Minun...I really liked this sprite. It was one of my favourites of this whole round, but you had more than four colours. D: You had six, or seven including the white background. You probably used some colours and then scrapped them, but the different shades are still there and weren’t replaced by the new colours you used. If you open it up in a program that can check a colour palette, you’ll see that you have six browns, and one white. If you’d had four browns and one white which was ONLY used for the background, I would have accepted it as four, but there are six total, excluding the white. =/ Which is a real shame. Well, you did well anyhow, even if you didn’t place. :] I liked the way you shaded, I liked the compactness of the small sprite, and I like how you utilised “four” colours. You DID think you were working with four, and the only reason it’s not four is because you forgot to recolour some shades, unfortunately. Great job on the sprite. :]

@Speed-X
    Team Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Neatness: 7/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 8/10
    Total: 28/35
    Comments:
    At first I thought you’d run out of room for the rest of the sprite before I realised that, no, the mugshot was intentional. xD It’s cool though. I like the style in which you did this. It’s smart to choose shades that are close together, but not too close, so that you can allow for more detail and less of a conventional, standard sprite. It give a certain softness that isn’t present with stark whites and blacks, but at the same time, I find myself not so fond of lineless sprites. It was smart to go with one though. I can’t deny that you’ve got mad skillz though!

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Team Trainer

Neatness: 8/10
    Overall Look and Effort: 7/10
    Total: 28/35
    Comments:
    This is quite adorable! I feel like you could have utilised the black or white better somehow, although in saying that, it’s hard to sacrifice either of those. xD So maybe don’t listen to me, ‘cause using four shades is hard. All in all I think it’s adorable and you did well. And because I’m hard-pressed to choose between you two, you’re gonna come in at a tie, which means there’s technically no second place...which I reckon is dumb, but that’s the way the rules work, so well done. xD

Winners:
    Spoiler:

Coming tied in first place are...

*confetti*Speed-X & Pokemon Trainer Sarah!*confetti*

Congratulations, you two! I believe you get to share your first and second points, which means 2.5 points for you and your teams. :]

This was a great contest and I had a good time judging it, so thanks for all making this a great experience. This concludes PXR's first ever WAR!

~SF.

7. This post has been liked by:

Oh nuu! And I thought I had made sure that the colors that I scrapped were gone! Oh well. :P

It's always a good idea to get it open in a program that can check the palette for you. xD It's a real shame because otherwise you would have won. Oh well! The other two deserved it as well. :]

~SF.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Aw that's too bad, Minun. I thought yours was really awesome too! Congrats again Speed and thanks for all your hard work Xanthe! Your comments were really helpful. This was a super fun WAR :D
    GCEA

11. This post has been liked by: