Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The PXR Eeveelution Art Contest

Theme: Create an Eeveelution!
    Accepted Mediums: Anything (traditional art, digital art, clay models, pixel art, gum art (could get messy), etc)
    Start and End Date: April 15th (12:01am EDT) to May 15th May 31st (11:59 EDT).

Prizes: Shiny Remoraid (X and Y), a winner's signature, and an art contest winner's token for your profile!

Spoiler:

Signature:

Token:

Judges (including myself):
    @Corrupt_Voidlich
    @Winter
    @Obliveon
    @XaiakuX

Rules:

Users must submit an image that is 100% original.
    Submissions will only be accepted for the duration of the event, posted on this topic (not PMs).
    Submissions must follow the theme of the contest.
    Only one submission per person (if you would like to withdraw your submission and resubmit please contact the host/hosts).
    Submissions must abide by all of the forum rules.
    Submissions must be accompanied by a completed submission template.

Submission Template:
    Image: <No need to place it in spoilers, art is meant to be viewed>
    Eeveelution's Name:
    Eeveelution's Type:
    Artistic Comments: <Optional: If you would like to include an explanation of your piece, some information on the Pokemon (moves, stats, ability etc), what inspired you, etc feel free to include it! The judges will read these but no one will be penalized for not including extra information>

Any questions or comments? Feel free to post in this thread, or alternatively PM or VM myself (@Braixen) and I will be happy to answer them.
    Last edited by Braixen; 05-10-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Check out my Artshop/Gallery! Formally known as Absol
    Paired with Shadow Tracker Max

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I like this contest idea. Hopefully we get a lot of creative entries! Good luck everyone! :D
    GCEA

Image:
    Eeveelution's Name: Junfeon
    Eeveelution's Type: Poison
    Artistic Comments: The last contest I entered was in the ol' Pokestadium. I did a sprite over of a candy based spider Fakemon. This one, specifically the one on the top right. I really liked making it, although it was absolute hell. I really liked the other one, but I wanted to do the sweets based one more. So, I thought I'd revisit that, and now was the perfect time.
    It was also inspired by Mega Man... specifically him and Rush. I wanted to focus on junk food, and avoid candy, but I was at a loss for what his front legs and shoulders should be. So, I drew inspiration from Rush. I always thought Rush's tail was for some reason attached to his shoulders, even though it clearly isn't, as the Google search I just did reminded me. So, I thought, what was a circle with a long stick that was edible? My first thought was hotdog, but I thought it'd look ridiculous, so I went for a lollipop. The coloring was inspired by the Blue Blur Bomber himself. As for his front legs, my mom loves Twizzlers, even moreso than me, and I love the darned things. And they're long and bendy, and therefore perfect legs.
    When it came to his hind legs... I love burgers. They seemed to fit. Plus, they can fall apart if mishandled, giving me a perfect idea for the hind legs- falling pieces of the burger! Cheese and Tomato, because why not. I personally have a huge distaste for them, so they can fall and I won't care.
    I also ate pizza and fries the day the contest was announced, so there came his head along with the original inspiration I included in the first paragraph. But his ears are the weirdest part. They're sweet bread. What sweet bread? I dunno. I was dying to come up with SOME idea. Then I made a pun: When you rye, you're bread. So bread.
    The oddest part is probably the purple. I wanted to unify the whole thing, but couldn't think of anything. They're all unhealthy, so I figured it would somewhat radioactive? My mind works kinda weird. But I already had the lettuce being green, and didn't want to much of a color. So, I went for purple, being the color associated with poison. And eating this thing was so unhealthy, you might as chug a bottle of rat poison, so poison. I really rambled on way more than I should have. Oh well.
    ~~~Deviant Art~~~Pokemon Crossroads~~~Facebook~~~

4. This post has been liked by:

There are still a few days left to enter this art contest :)

Yeah guys and gals! I want some competition. What's the fun if I don't crush your dreams?
    JK, but some competition would be fun and nice and I'd love to see what others are capable of.
    ~~~Deviant Art~~~Pokemon Crossroads~~~Facebook~~~

7. This post has been liked by:

I have decided to extend this until the same time on May 31st!

May 31st is my birthday so if you feel like getting me a gift then send an entry to this contest ^_^. Even if you don't think it will win, even if it's a MS paint scribble, I would love to see it.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Oh wow, I completely forgot about this. I need to make something. It probably will suck since i'm bad enough at digital art when i'm NOT designing the character from scratch, but I will try.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Braixen View Post
    I have decided to extend this until the same time on May 31st!

May 31st is my birthday so if you feel like getting me a gift then send an entry to this contest ^_^. Even if you don't think it will win, even if it's a MS paint scribble, I would love to see it.
    NOOO! You're derailing my EPIC NINJA STRATEGY of posting my submission just a tick before the deadline! XP

No seriously, I have an entry that's been in the works for the past few weeks that's totally done. And if you don't believe me...

Image:
    Eeveelution's Name: Spectreon
    Eeveelution's Type: Ghost
    Artistic Comments: This cool Eeveelution is what you could have gotten if you traded Eevee with Reaper Cloth. But nooo...

Anyways, made with Paint Tool SAI and good ol' fashioned Photoshop. Cheers.

11. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master View Post
    Oh wow, I completely forgot about this. I need to make something. It probably will suck since i'm bad enough at digital art when i'm NOT designing the character from scratch, but I will try.
    I have faith in you! ^_^

13. This post has been liked by:

I must apologize for the delay in judging! I have not forgotten about the contest but we are waiting on one judge ^_^. If I don't get a reply soon I will move forward with the judging that is already completed.