Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Searching For Site Writers

If you have ever wanted to be a part of the site staff at PXR, you may be in luck. I am currently searching for people who would be willing to become site writers featuring comics. If you ever look on the home page of the site, then you have probably seen a post like this one here, or this one. Features like this is what you would be doing. Features are uploaded once per week.

To make these features, one must look through a list of comics to see what has updated, create a 150X150 image from the main comic page, then put them onto a post on wordpress along with the links to the comics. Once you get the hang of it, this usually only takes one to two hours, all depending on which feature you are doing, and how many comics updated that week. Currently I am primarily looking for someone who can do the One Shot features, which usually take the longest out of all the features because they require you to search for new comics every week rather than scrolling through a list of already existing ones. Further instruction will be provided upon upon being selected, but feel free to ask about this.

Please keep in mind when Applying that I do not make the final call on who gets picked. I am simply searching for people who are willing to do this so I can make recommendations on who I believe would be a good candidate. If anyone has any further questions, feel free to ask.

Application Form:

Name:
    Why do you want to become a site writer:
    How much free time do you have:
    What day(s) would be best for you to put up features:
    Are you willing to/would you have time to cover for other writers if they are not able to put up their feature:
    Last edited by Dragon Master Mike; 02-05-2015 at 12:00 AM.

2. This post has been liked by:

Eh, why not?

Name: Nekomata
    Why do you want to become a site writer: I like to help out where I can
    How much free time do you have: Not too terribly much, but I do follow most comics and don't consider gathering images to be a time consuming task.
    What day(s) would be best for you to put up features: Probably over the weekends
    Are you willing to/would you have time to cover for other writers if they are not able to put up their feature: Depends on the time of year (finals for example...)

Edit: Whoops, the "One Shot" Part didn't sink in right away- sorry, I don't think I've got time to do the one-shot features.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

You should still join up, Neko! I'm sure you don't have to do the one shots if you would rather do something else instead. We always need more writers, for non comic stuff as well! :D
    GCEA