Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    The Dumbledore switch was pretty sad. The third HP movie is awesome! I really liked the fifth though because Umbridge is so much fun to hate. I thought Divergent was done well too! And I really liked Hunger Games not only because it looked good but because they stuck so close to the books! In too many adaptations they miss out a lot of stuff (mostly for time I guess) and sometimes that ruins things, especially if there was a particular scene you really wanted to see. I'm still disappointed about not seeing all the weird rooms in the Department of Mysteries in HP5! xD

Oh my gosh, I was so disappointed they didn't make more Tomorrow movies as well! I love those books and the first movie was so good! By now the actors are probably too old though. I wonder what happened. :(

Yeah I didn't like it. To me, Dumbledore was supposed to be this nice, wise man, and they turned him into some young go-getter that seemed kinda mean. xD He appeared too forceful imo. Should have acted a little more like an old man. I love the third one because Sirius is in it before he dies. He was my favourite character. D': Then Tonks and Dobby. Cause Dobby is awesome. Haha, yeah. Cats and pink... Seems a little contradictory to her nature, but whatever. XD

Yeah. The only thing I didn't like about Divergent is they missed a lot of the main characters, such as Uriah, Zeke, Marlene, Shauna etc. It makes me wonder what they're going to do with Insurgent, since those characters are a major part of the plotline. I remember I hated the fourth Harry Potter movie because they changed quite a lot in it and left out parts that I thought were pretty important. *grumbles*

Hmm. Looking on Wikipedia it says the film was met with mixed reviews and an average of 5.4. Apparently it didn't pretty well in Australia, but couldn't make it to an international standard. Probably with all the funding the film took, if it didn't do well internationally they couldn't afford to make any more movies. Sad, because I actually liked it. D: I'd give it a 7/8 - not a 5.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

Yeah I didn't like it. To me, Dumbledore was supposed to be this nice, wise man, and they turned him into some young go-getter that seemed kinda mean. xD He appeared too forceful imo. Should have acted a little more like an old man. I love the third one because Sirius is in it before he dies. He was my favourite character. D': Then Tonks and Dobby. Cause Dobby is awesome. Haha, yeah. Cats and pink... Seems a little contradictory to her nature, but whatever. XD

Yeah. The only thing I didn't like about Divergent is they missed a lot of the main characters, such as Uriah, Zeke, Marlene, Shauna etc. It makes me wonder what they're going to do with Insurgent, since those characters are a major part of the plotline. I remember I hated the fourth Harry Potter movie because they changed quite a lot in it and left out parts that I thought were pretty important. *grumbles*

Hmm. Looking on Wikipedia it says the film was met with mixed reviews and an average of 5.4. Apparently it didn't pretty well in Australia, but couldn't make it to an international standard. Probably with all the funding the film took, if it didn't do well internationally they couldn't afford to make any more movies. Sad, because I actually liked it. D: I'd give it a 7/8 - not a 5.
    That's true. He was a bit too athletic for someone supposed to be so old. xD I liked the more bumbling version from the first movies better too. He was sort of hiding his extreme intelligence/power better so it was more awesome when he did something really cool. xD Sirius is awesome! I like all the interactions between Harry and Sirius in the 5th movie even if he dies at the end. D: TOnks and Lupin are my other favourites. :D Going back to the 4th movie, they definitely changed a heap of stuff. I was a bit surprised when I first saw it. Winky didn't even make an appearance!

Ohh I thought Tomorrow did better. I guess it was very Australian so it makes sense it probably wouldn't do that well overseas. I guess there were a lot of huge action scenes so they needed it to do better. What a shame. D:
    GCEA

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    That's true. He was a bit too athletic for someone supposed to be so old. xD I liked the more bumbling version from the first movies better too. He was sort of hiding his extreme intelligence/power better so it was more awesome when he did something really cool. xD Sirius is awesome! I like all the interactions between Harry and Sirius in the 5th movie even if he dies at the end. D: TOnks and Lupin are my other favourites. :D Going back to the 4th movie, they definitely changed a heap of stuff. I was a bit surprised when I first saw it. Winky didn't even make an appearance!

Ohh I thought Tomorrow did better. I guess it was very Australian so it makes sense it probably wouldn't do that well overseas. I guess there were a lot of huge action scenes so they needed it to do better. What a shame. D:

Exactly. xD I always had that feeling. He seemed so 'spritely'. There, that's the word haha. The previous one was softer and did much better. Yeah I liked the fifth movie for that reason, and even though Bellatrix kills him, she's one of my favourites too. I think I have a sort of soft spot for crazy, deranged people. XD /notagoodsign Yays! Yeah, I know! And Tonks did't find Harry on the train like she was supposed to! I remember being really annoyed with that since she was one of my favourites. Oh yeah. I had totally forgotten about Winky. xD But she did deserve an appearance!

I thought it did well all the same. Not an awesome movie, but it wasn't terrible either.