Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

*nervously pokes head out*

Hi everybody. This is one cozy forum you have here and I do mean that as a complement. Joining the larger, more active forums has left me rather overwhelmed in the past. My affinity for Pokemon began at the age of 5 when I was gifted a copy of version Blue for my birthday. I have been with the series ever since and I don't plan on leaving it anytime soon. Especially with OR/AS right around the corner!

Outside of Pokemon I'm also into many other video games, anime & manga. If you ever feel like discussing any of these things, or any other things for that matter, feel free to come by my profile for a chat.

I'll try not to bore or bite.

Welcome! ^v^ Don't be nervous, dude! :D We're (mostly) all friendly!

I know what you mean about being overwhelmed by activity. It's good when it's not so busy, although we're always looking for new people to join. 8D

If you want to discuss any of your other favourite (or simply liked) games, feel free to go to the Media Hall section and post something about them. x) I'm sure you'll find friends and fun things to do here. :D

Welcome!

Definitely no need to be nervous. We are pretty cozy, and like Xanthe said, we're all nice!

Is Pokemon Blue your favorite game? A lot of people have special memories for their first game! And what's your favorite Pokemon? :D

|||||||||

Thanks for the warm welcomes and advice.

My favorite games would probably be Soul Silver and the first two Mystery Dungeon spin offs. I'm still nostalgic for Blue but I wouldn't quite call it my favorite. Lugia is my favorite Pokemon if I'm only allowed to pick one, but Bulbasaur, Mewtwo, Houndoom and Greninja aren't far behind.

5. This post has been liked by:

Corey 

My first game was red and my favorite game was heart gold. This means we're rivals D:<

Well are you getting OR/AS?! oh and im a manga/anime fan too! Which ones do you follow??
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

7. This post has been liked by:

No worries, buddy! ^^ Always good to see new faces about! OH MY GOSH I LOVE THE FIRST TWO MYSTERY DUNGEONS. (With Time/Darkness being replaced by Sky.) Soul Silver was amazing and very nostalgic for me, as Silver was my first game. x) (Even if it was on an emulator, hahaha.) That's a cool list of favourites! I loooove houndoom too.

If you're interested in reading a bit of poetry or stories, feel free to head to the Creative Writing section and take a look! 8D Or if you're into comics, we even have a comic section here at PXR, where a few comics have their own sub-forum to post topics in. :] Or we have the URPG, which is a roleplay-like game where you battle other people and collect pokemon! Whatever you choose to check out, I'm sure it'll be worth your while. x)

@Trainer17 I have always wanted a rival! Yes I'm getting OR/AS for sure, I just haven't decided on which version yet. You're into anime/manga as well huh? That's good to know, you'll make a worthy rival indeed. My favorites are Dragonball, DBZ, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop and Berserk. You're a One Piece fan I see. I only into OP fairly recently.

@Suicune's Fire You have very good taste my friend. The PMD spin offs really took me by surprise with how emotive and deep they were. I love how they incorporated the lore of so many different Pokemon into the storylines. Usually they only focus on the legendary mascots in the main games.

I'm not much of a literary/poetry buff to be honest. Although for what it's worth I enjoyed The Raven by Edgar Allan Poe. Most of the comics I read are of the Japanese variety. Hellblazer is the only exception so far.

You guys might have to let me know when to stop posting in this thread. I want to respond to everyone but I also don't want to hog the intro section.

10. This post has been liked by:

You're a soultrainer93 and im trainer17. This is no mere coincidence! Hahaha jokes aside. OP will get even better btw. You should start off with the anime first. Then when you're done (about 700 ish episodes) you should get back to manga. Hahahaha. Oh. And u should watch Naruto as well! Bleach used to be good. Its kinda mehish now. Fairy Tail, Toriko, Nanatsu no Taizai, Shokugeki no Souma, are some v good ones too! !
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Hey, welcome to PXR! I find huge forums really intimidating too. Even after being there for ages, it can feel like you don't know anyone. PXR is really friendly, so I'm sure you'll fit right in and make lots of new friends. :)

Mystery Dungeon were great games! Have you played Gates to Infinity? I'm wondering if I should get it for Christmas, but I haven't heard that much about it. Also I see Bulbasaur is one of your favourites, I approve! :D

Also, you can post in here (or anywhere else!) as much as you like, don't worry about that! :) Enjoy your time here and if you have any questions, we're all happy to help!
    GCEA

@Trainer17 Yes very fitting lol. I'm up to the start of the Alabasta arc. I heard from a friend that it starts to get really good from there. I'm already way ahead of ya when it comes to Naruto and Bleach though.

I'm not that familiar with those other series you mentioned but I'm sure they're good too. I've always had trouble balancing multiple works of fiction at once for some reason haha.

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah Tell me about it. You're better off joining obscurity than the serebii's and PC's of the internet. Nah they're okay, I just prefer a place like this with a more tight knit community.

No sadly I haven't. I didn't have the spare cash when it came out but after I heard bad things I decided to give it a pass. I might get it on sale at some point though.

Thank you very much Sarah, I really appreciate it.