Interlude: Together Again

The sun was setting as Ash, May and Brock departed Petalburg Gym. "Wally sounds like a nice person." Ash grinned.

"What he lacks in physical strength, he more than makes up for in heart." Brock agreed. "Did you see how he was talking to his Ralts all the way back to town?"

"I did...I wish him and Link the very best." May replied before looking towards the stage. "But I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the band..."

A voice calling her name snapped May to attention. When she looked to see who had called, she smiled when she saw a black haired girl running to meet her. "Dawn! You made it!"

"It's always good to see you, my fellow coordinator." Dawn smiled as she and May embraced. "I heard there's an up and coming coordinator here named Lisia that's really making some noise here..."

"I haven't really seen her skills for myself, but I do want to meet her on my new trip around Houen..." May began as a familiar orange haired girl arrived.

"Misty!" Ash ran to embrace his friend. "The piano's here and all wired, so if you wanna warm up before the crowds get here, be my guest."

"Good idea!" May agreed as she made her way to the stage, where she gasped at even more familiar faces.

"Hi, Serena..." Ash paused to hug a blonde haired girl. "Kamon..."

"Ready to rock here." a red haired boy replied before turning his attention to tuning a black bass guitar.

"...and Crystal." Ash acknowledged a blue haired girl looking to see if all her instruments were accounted for.

"Saxophones are all here, as is my trumpet and the trombone." Crystal reported.

"I understand you're actually trying to battle again?" Dawn asked as May went to work tuning her own acoustic guitar.

"Yeah--once I finish tuning, I'll show you my team so far." May replied before focusing on her instruments.

Once sure both guitars were in tune, she retrieved her three Poke Balls and heaved them skyward. "Come on out, everyone!"

Zelda was first to materialize. Oh my...so many instruments here... she gasped.

"Well, I play in a band, and we're gonna play a concert here in an hour or two." May explained.

Zelda smiled. That would explain the people starting to file in with glowing sticks...

"We like seeing those as we play, so we give them out if we're playing inside or at night." Ash explained before instructing his bandmates "Get your protection on, everyone!"

"This is Starshine..." May gestured to Starshine as she put on some protective headphones. "and this is Niji." she smiled as she gestured to Niji.

[Nice to meet you all.] Sharshine smiled.

[Yes, a pleasure to meet you.] Niji agreed.

If you don't mind, we're going to find a place to enjoy the show. Zelda replied before warping away with Starshine and Niji. Play your best for me!

"I will, Zelda!" May called back as she watched the throngs of excited fans fill the square....