Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Favourite Books!

Do you guys have any favourite books or series? Or even authors you really like?

My favourite books are Jurassic Park and The Lost World by Michael Crichton. They are so much better than the movies (which is saying someting because the movies are awesome)! Some of his other books are great too, like Sphere and Prey. And my favourite series are Harry Potter, His Dark Materials, Lord of the Rings, Tomorrow When the War Began and The Hunger Games.
    GCEA

Most likely Perks of Being a Wallflower, at this moment. The book has so many good parts that you missed out on in the movie!!! I also really enjoyed the Maximum Ride series of books as well as the City of Ember series. One of my favourite non-fiction book has to be The Meaning of Matthew, about the murder and the aftermath of Matthew Shepard.

I will always suggest John Green as an amazing author, I love his works!

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I don't really read TOO much, but I like the Harry Potter series. I'm also finishing up the Hunger Games now.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Shannara series by Terry Brooks, the Mercy Thompson series (forgot the author), Harry Potter, the Dresden Files, White Fang by Jack London, Chinese Cinderella (forgot the author), and quite a few others. I love books :P

I thoroughly enjoyed going through these series: Harry Potter, The Hunger Games, Divergent, Leviathan, Legend, Warriors, The Healing Wars, The Chronicles of Narnia, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Heroes of Olympus. The Fault In Our Stars is definitely one of my favorite books yet (but man, it hurt reading that one!)
    URPG Stats|Author Profile|URPG Ranger|Shalour Gym Leader

..::learning through the downs; living for the ups::..

Divergent, Insurgent, Skulduggery Pleasant (all), The Fault in Our Stars, Catching Fire, A Game of Thrones and The Maleficent Seven are my favourite books. They're all so unique and wonderful in their own ways.
    will you be my
    h e r o ?

I can't remember what most of the books are callec, but I do remember middle school being the prime year for my reading. I read Paint the Wind (an amazingly written horse fiction novel), A Little Princess (also absolutely amazing), and another book about a girl with pale skin, bright red lips who could project her voice and make it sound like it was coming from far away. I remember this one part of it where she was in some sort of underground village trying to escape her pursuers. I wish I remembered it's name cos I'd LOVE to read it again. cx

The Wasp Factory (R.I.P. Iain Banks), Lord of the Flies (William Golding), The Dinner (Herman Koch), The Woman in Black (Susan Hill)...

There's no depressingly Gothic (I'm talking about actual Gothic fiction; if you thought I meant anything else I SWEAR TO GOD-) theme here, what are you talking about?

Look, I can like nice books too.

Fight Club (Chuck Palahniuk)!

Um... Wait... No...

We Need to Talk About Kevin (Lionel Shriver)... The Picture of Dorian Gray (Oscar Wilde)... The Shining (Stephen King)...

My bookcase isn't really helping me out here...

Oh look, the Harry Potter series! Yay!

And if I can be serious for a moment (which, I admit, is hard for me), I'd fully recommend every book I've just said. All fantastic, and all better than any film counterpart for them.

Quote Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post
    I can't remember what most of the books are callec, but I do remember middle school being the prime year for my reading. I read Paint the Wind (an amazingly written horse fiction novel), A Little Princess (also absolutely amazing), and another book about a girl with pale skin, bright red lips who could project her voice and make it sound like it was coming from far away. I remember this one part of it where she was in some sort of underground village trying to escape her pursuers. I wish I remembered it's name cos I'd LOVE to read it again. cx
    Oh! I think I know that book! Isn't it Fairest by Gail Carson Levine?

I absolutely love reading, and I've read so much that I'm not sure I could point out all the ones I've enjoyed xD However, I would definitely recommend Brandon Mull books to anyone looking for good fantasy reads :D His newest series--The Beyonders--is awesome x3

Currently I'm reading Tales of the Dragonbard: Eventide, and it's freakin' hilarious xD

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander009 View Post
    Oh! I think I know that book! Isn't it Fairest by Gail Carson Levine?
    YES! Omfg I love you so much right now like you can't even know.

Have you ever read Stephen King's Dark Tower books? They're perfect.