Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The "Wow!" Gallery Nominations

awesome banner made by Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread is meant for nominations for whose work should be showcased in The "Wow!" Gallery. Nominations will start today (December 30, 2014) and end at about 12:00 AM (GMT-6:00) on January 6, 2015. Once nominations are closed, this thread will be temporarily closed to deter users from posting. All polling in the voting period will be anonymous!

The polling thread will then be posted and we can see who's work will be featured in the showcase!

1. For now, I'm retracting the statement that said "only one person's work can be nominated at one time. Ideally we need to get as many as we can, and since we're so short around here on pixel artists I really think this is a bit too limiting...at least until we can *hopefully* get more people to flock around here. Also, you may not nominate a sprite that you have created! Only other people's creations, please. This is sort of a given, but mentioned here anyway.
    2. I'd really like for us to get at least 4 nominations, and ideally 5. If we get more, that's even better!
    3. Finally, make sure that it's pixel art / a sprite, you guys! If it doesn't qualify as pixel art, I'll let you know. This I'm not really worried about, but I wanted to throw this out there.
    4. Only two nominations are allowed per person. Meaning if that you've already nominated twice per nomination period, you have to wait until the next time around. If you need to, you may change your entry(s), but don't do this too often.
    5. Make sure you fill out the below form, for organization's sake.

Nomination: Can be the actual image or a link to the image
    Artist: Make sure you use their PXR name or it won't count!
    Link: If you haven't already, make sure you link us back to where you found the image.

Have fun, everyone! Let's get plenty of nominations in this thread.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 12-30-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

To break the ice, I'll start this thing off!

Nomination:
    Artist: Suicune's Fire
    Link: Gallery

Nomination:
    Artist: Pokemon Trainer Sarah
    Link: http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...l=1#post101662
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 12-20-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

3. This post has been liked by:

AWW, THANKS, SPEED! That's awesome of you. <3 If only I could nominate something of yours. XD

Nomination:
    Artist: Nekomata
    Link: Neko's Sprite Corner

5. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

This is such a cool idea. :D Lots of people definitely deserve some recognition!

Nomination:
    Artist: Theoretical Selkie
    Link: Piles of Pixels
    GCEA

7. This post has been liked by:

Nice job, guys! It's great to see everyone contribute. :D Let's keep this going! >w<

------------

Hey, sorry for the sudden bump. I just realized something today and I think it's pretty important, therefore I want to notify you all. There's been a change to the rules. Read:
    While I originally said to take it easy on nominating certain users' stuff during this round...I want to retract that statement. Simply because I did some calculations: I'd like to be able to get as many nominations as possible, and since this IS the first time around, I need to resort to anything. If we only have 3 nominations total, there will be no point in the polling period therefore this first round will be rendered pointless to begin with. So just as long as only ONE person is nominated per round, I'd really like to get at least 4 nominations, and ideally 5.
    So I don't care if you nominate anything I made anymore, so long as we at least get 5 nominations...4 at the very, very least. I apologize for seeming to come off as merely paranoid since there is plenty of time left...but I knew that if I didn't mention this now I'd totally forget.

Thanks, everyone, for contributing!

------------

Hey all, just wanted to remind you that NOMINATIONS CLOSE TOMORROW, AKA MIDNIGHT TONIGHT (in 12 hours)! Last chance to nominate for this round!!

------------

Hey guys, thanks for nominating. The voting thread will be posted shortly, so stick around for it!

------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome back, everyone, for Round 2 of nominations! Who's works will be featured this time around?

Feel free to nominate whoever, you guys. Even if you don't have any knowledge in this field of art: who cares! :D You just pick YOUR favorite.

1. For now, I'm retracting the statement that said "only one person's work can be nominated at one time. Ideally we need to get as many as we can, and since we're so short around here on pixel artists I really think this is a bit too limiting...at least until we can *hopefully* get more people to flock around here. Also, you may not nominate a sprite that you have created! Only other people's creations, please. This is sort of a given, but mentioned here anyway.
    2. I'd really like for us to get at least 4 nominations, and ideally 5. If we get more, that's even better!
    3. Finally, make sure that it's pixel art / a sprite, you guys! If it doesn't qualify as pixel art, I'll let you know. This I'm not really worried about, but I wanted to throw this out there.
    4. Only two nominations are allowed per person. Meaning if that you've already nominated twice per nomination period, you have to wait until the next time around. If you need to, you may change your entry(s), but don't do this too often.
    5. Make sure you fill out the below form, for organization's sake.

Nomination: Can be the actual image or a link to the image
    Artist: Make sure you use their PXR name or it won't count!
    Link: If you haven't already, make sure you link us back to where you found the image.

[center]Nominations will start today (December 30, 2014) and end at about 12:00 AM (GMT-6:00) on January 6, 2015. Once nominations are closed, this thread will be temporarily closed to deter users from posting. All polling in the voting period will be anonymous!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by Suicune's Fire; 03-27-2016 at 11:37 PM.

------------

3 days left to cast your nominations!

------------