Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    @Neo: daaaaang it's been quite some time. Always wondered where you had gone after PE2K. Know of anybody else that came here?
    Yeah, it has been a while. I was at Serebii for some time, but I left after the mods encouraged anti-religious bigotry. I got infracted twice by one of their biased mods, but I had already seen several other Christian members get banned and harassed even prior to that. But in all honesty, that place is going downhill regardless. Never would recommend it to anyone.

A bunch of people did come over from PE2K, but most of them changed their names. HKim will always be HKim though. XD

The Unforgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, it has been a while. I was at Serebii for some time, but I left after the mods encouraged anti-religious bigotry. I got infracted twice by one of their biased mods, but I had already seen several other Christian members get banned and harassed even prior to that. But in all honesty, that place is going downhill regardless. Never would recommend it to anyone.

A bunch of people did come over from PE2K, but most of them changed their names. HKim will always be HKim though. XD
    Yeah haha I did find some of the other members, HKim and Sarah and rust, always around. :P
    I know people were scattered all over the globe, Serebii, Bulbagarden (right?) and I think... Mt Moon something? Could that be right?

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Yeah haha I did find some of the other members, HKim and Sarah and rust, always around. :P
    I know people were scattered all over the globe, Serebii, Bulbagarden (right?) and I think... Mt Moon something? Could that be right?
    I've been out of touch with Bulbagarden and I don't even think I've ever seen Mt Moon before. But I think most of the people that were still on PE2K just roughly before it got plunged into an abyss of spam came over here.

Still, glad to see you back.

The Unforgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I've been out of touch with Bulbagarden and I don't even think I've ever seen Mt Moon before. But I think most of the people that were still on PE2K just roughly before it got plunged into an abyss of spam came over here.

Still, glad to see you back.
    Thanks, it's good to be back. Now to get back into the game. =)

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Hey Robert! Welcome to our new home! Great to see you've started up TAG again :)
    GCEA

The Unforgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Hey Robert! Welcome to our new home! Great to see you've started up TAG again :)
    Hey there, thanks for the welcome, I hope it'll be good =D
    Yeah, TAG had to move with me haha, fresh forum, fresh faces, fresh start =)

Quote Originally Posted by brandon_g View Post
    PE2K is only the best pokemon forum on the planet earth that is currently drowning in inactivity!

@brandon_g

Are you serious, right now?

If you had said this 4 years ago, I wouldn't have a problem believing you. Because 4 years ago Pe2k started drowning, and in 2013 it went down for several months. It's already drowned. It's already dead. It's pretty darn sad when your Administrator gives up on the whole thing. Without the administrator, there's nothing left of Pe2k. The only person who remains active on that forum is you. I sincerely hope you realize that Pe2k is no longer the machine it once was. It's used by most as an archive for old posts, and that's all it will ever be. There's no chance of reviving Pe2k. MOST of the members of that forum moved over to PxR.

I'm not saying these things to bring you down, but you're horribly inaccurate in what you said. Pe2k isn't drowning in inactivity (Because it's already dead), nor has it EVER been the best Pokémon forum. It was a solid forum and it's the only other forum I've ever been a part of. It's also a forum I've been a part of since 2004. That's over 10 years, so there's really no argument you can make at this point. If you feel insulted by anything I've said, then I genuinely apologize, but you insult every member of this forum when you call another forum "the best." You also confuse new members of this forum when you tell them the wrong information.

Look, I understand where you're coming from. But you need to accept Pe2k for what it is. It's a horrible sad truth, one that I'm sure a LOT of people didn't want to accept. But we had to, and we had to move on. That's what PxR is. I took it pretty hard myself. I didn't want to join another Pokémon forum, and I was pretty much done. Until Xanthe harassed me to join Pokémon Crossroads. It's the process of moving on.

@Greystripe

Pe2k was a Pokémon Forum that was relatively popular between 2006 and 2009. Before then it wasn't all that huge, and after that it fell apart with the abandonment of its administrator. With a heavy sigh, Senior Moderators of that forum teamed up and created Pokémon Crossroads. In its prime, Pokemon Elite 2000 was a fun and wonderful forum with amazing people. It was impossible to not make friends on that forum, because there were so many members, and every single board flourished with activity. These days, all you'd see is our friend Brandon_g posting in an admirable, yet pointless attempt to revive the forum.

---

With all that said, @Robert, welcome to Pokémon Crossroads. I am the resident wise-cracking dark horse. Despite this, if this particular post doesn't get me banned, I am fully willing to help you if you need anything. But with your past experience with forum-going, I doubt you'll need it. I do vaguely remember those names you listed, primarily "Focal." I was either XaiakuX, Pheritzelf, Scizor_Master2oo4, or Onii-San. I hope your stay on our forum will be relatively pleasant.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

Omg, Caleb. XD So much typing. Although I think your correction and explanation was slightly unnecessary, it's not gonna get you banned. xD Poor ol' PE2K. I don't think Brandon was trying to be definitive and absolute; if that's his opinion then it's not really a fact you have to disprove. xD

Anyhow, hope this served as a useful history lesson for some people!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Omg, Caleb. XD So much typing.

I'm a detailed person, okay!? D<

Opinions can be wrong (I learned this the hard way).

It wasn't about his opinion though, it was the misleading message to someone who didn't know what it was.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

*cries* Okay! D: Just don't run me over with a wall of text! (I'm one to talk. xD)

Ah, okay. Well at least there was a welcome message somewhere in there. xD

/off topic

SO HOW ARE YOU FINDING PXR, ROBERT?!