Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    STUNFISK! That came right out just like that. If only he had an evolution..but seriously. Or Trubbish. But they might be a bit complicated to draw I guess. Going with your style Sarah, I call Happiny! When it has lost its egg. Hahahahah. That would be one cute adorable sad lil munchkin :'3

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Haha that is an awesome suggestion! It was really fun to draw too :D

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I really like your drawings, Sarah! I particularly like the one of older Alice in a coat. c: I like all your drawings. x) All the GCEA ones (scenes that happened) are awesome too. :D
    Thanks Xanthe!!! <3
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Haha that is an awesome suggestion! It was really fun to draw too :D

Thanks Xanthe!!! <3
    Omg! Hahahaha looooook at her face x3 awesome work Sarah! ♡♡♡

Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Administrator

All of these sketches are really awesome Sarah! I used to want to learn how to draw/sketch things better. After a good year of trying years ago....I never went any further lol. Never got any progression myself and they always turned out....well flat out terrible haha. Good to see great artists out there at least! Always loved looking at good art sketches (kinda like the avatars/sigs/banners thing too).

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Omg! Hahahaha looooook at her face x3 awesome work Sarah! ♡♡♡

Haha thank you xD

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    All of these sketches are really awesome Sarah! I used to want to learn how to draw/sketch things better. After a good year of trying years ago....I never went any further lol. Never got any progression myself and they always turned out....well flat out terrible haha. Good to see great artists out there at least! Always loved looking at good art sketches (kinda like the avatars/sigs/banners thing too).
    Thanks! It is pretty hard. I'm not great at it either, but I feel like I'm improving really slowly. xD Sometimes I go backwards though haha! I got to a point where I could draw pretty well with the pen tool and mouse on photoshop, it just takes ages. Whereas it's much quicker with the tablet, but less refined. It's just for fun anyway. :D You should give it a shot again if it interests you!
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I really like this one!

I really like this one, too! Honestly I think you should think about redrawing this as a fully developed piece of art, rather than a sketch. My only nitpick is that her head is just a teeny bit too wide in comparison to her body...even for being in a very animanga-inspired style.

The hair on this one turned out wonderfully. I actually really like how you bothered to detail it, it gives it quite a bit of texture! I also love this one that I just now spotted:

Beautiful! Again, I think you should think about redrawing some of these as fully-developed art pieces.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Thanks so much for the feedback @Speed-X! :) I really appreciate your comment about the head width! It's something I just did not see until you pointed it out! xD I quite like the pink picture so I may try and do a 'proper' version. I just feel like my sketches always look better than the finished lineart. Like it loses something? I dunno. But anyway, thanks so much!
    GCEA

That's only because it takes some practice! Why not give it a shot and we can give you some feedback?

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

I totally know what you mean about sketches being better. Why do I think it is? I think it might be because your brain can pick between a few different sizes amongst the shaky lines, and it evens it out to make it look the most appealing. But if there was one solid line, there's no room for interpretation, so if it's slightly off, you're gonna notice it more. I probably just made that entire thing up and that's not actually a thing. But it's how I interpret it. XD

Speedy is a great critique. c:

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    That's only because it takes some practice! Why not give it a shot and we can give you some feedback?
    I shall do that when I have the chance, thanks! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I totally know what you mean about sketches being better. Why do I think it is? I think it might be because your brain can pick between a few different sizes amongst the shaky lines, and it evens it out to make it look the most appealing. But if there was one solid line, there's no room for interpretation, so if it's slightly off, you're gonna notice it more. I probably just made that entire thing up and that's not actually a thing. But it's how I interpret it. XD

Speedy is a great critique. c:
    That makes sense! Sketching makes it look more full somehow. When I do the lineart it always looks so flat and like there is 10x more space I need to colour haha. xD I still haven't really got the technique down where you change the thickness of the lineart to give the picture depth and stuff! @_@

I think I'm leaning more towards a 'painting' sort of style than super clean artwork at the moment. I really love watercolour painting and would love to be able to replicate that kind of style!
    GCEA

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Some things.
    GCEA

11. This post has been liked by: