Thread: Awesome Apps

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Awesome Apps

Do you know of any really good apps that you'd want to recommend?

I found one recently called Duolingo, which helps you to learn new languages. I'm doing German right now. It's really good! I believe it's available on all platforms.

I have a Windows Phone so I have limited apps xD
    GCEA

I use an Driod based phone.

Sports Tracker is AWESOME! You can track just about anything you do from walking to Golf, Soccer (and Football), Swimming and just walking around the house. You can do a lot with just the free version. It will keep track of distance, avg speed, how long it took you and will map out exactly where you mapped.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Games
    KOTOR!! [Anybody who like Star Wars should definitely get it.]
    Plague Inc. [Infecting everybody is cool.]
    1010! [Simple puzzle game. Great when on the bus.]

Apps
    Scientific Graphing Calculator [A must for anybody doing advanced maths (Calculus 2+). Works really well and WAY cheaper than a real one.]
    Puffin [Great proxy/search engine]
    Sleep Cycle [It is very interesting to see how much you moved while sleeping. Also records when sleep-talking.]

Not a clue, man TheoreticalSelkie's Avatar
    I use an Android-based phone as well (5.1 Lollipop I think).

• Muzei - This is a live wallpaper that can pull images from various sources like paintings and nature and changes your background after a certain amount of time. I use it myself for the giant amount of wallpapers I have on my phone. It's really handy if you don't like looking at the same background every day :P
    • Redirect - Redirect is an app that can relocate certain file types to different folders for organization. While I haven't used it that much, this app helps me keep my downloads and documents organized since I can't be bothered to move them around individually :P
    • Twilight - Basically like fl.ux, but for phones.
    • Textra SMS - Clean replacement for the stock messenger app. I personally like it a lot.

That's all I got the time for today. Hope posting links to the app's pages is fine since sometimes some apps can't be found just looking on Google Play.

Senior Moderator

I have an Android phone

Games: Final Fantasy Record Keeper is both fun and nostalgic--and not too desperate for real money as some free-to-play games are

Apps: ColorNote--group reminders, memos, grocery lists and (in my case) writing inspiration in color coded notes
    MangaRock--one of the better phone manga readers out there.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Here's a few helpful ones:

Call Confirm - I started using this when one accidental tap to update a phone or contact's email address caused me to call them instead. It causes a second prompt to show up asking "do you really want to call" just in case you accidentally tapped the wrong button on a contact list.

Should I Answer? - Want to block a number? This does just that in case some automated machine keeps calling you. I had this happen to me and it was driving me a little crazy, so when I told them TWICE to put me on their do not call list, they kept calling me anyway, so I put this into action and it's stopped the nonsense perfectly.

Zedge - Loads of great wallpapers, ringtones, notification sounds, and other stuff.