Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Creepypasta Enthusiasts

I was a little bit disappointed that we didn't have that many creepypasta enthusiasts post in the Creepypasta thread I wrote up in the Media Hall section a few months back ago. So I'm bringing it back; this time, as a group! This is for all Creepypasta enthusiasts to geek out and share their favorite creepypastas with the rest of the world. 8D

My original post, because it has some discussion-worthy content:
    We've all heard of it, and we've all read at least one, know it or not.

What are some of your favorite creepypastas? Also, has anyone heard of MrCreepyPasta? If not, you should go check out his Youtube. He's done--and still does--all sorts of Creepypasta narrations.

What creepypasta irritate you at their overrated-ness? What are some awesome spinoffs off of original creepypasta (i.e. Marble Hornets)? Have you played any creepypasta games that weren't actually based off of a story (i.e. most MLP fangames made in Game Maker, like the Luna Game)?

I'm a big creepypasta nerd. Though I really hate the stupid OMG KAWAII DESU NE spinoff fanfictions about characters such as Jeff the Killer and BEN.

My favorite by far has got to be NES Godzilla. At first it sounds like a typical hacked-game creepypasta, and the buildup is really slow...but you just have to stick with it until the end. I originally heard it narrated by MCP. Also, it's got a butt-ton of pictures / "screenshots" with each chapter as well. It's also very consistent and doesn't have ridiculous amounts of plotholes like other creepypasta do. It's a long read (and a 2-3 hour listen if you're listening to MCP's narration), but I TOTALLY recommend it.
    So let's have fun with this! :D Don't have to do anything or be anything to participate in discussion...just post here freely.

And yes, any short scary story that's shared on the internet falls under the umbrella term of "creepypasta" ;P

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I really like the Lavender Town tone one... And that's pretty much the only one I've read. xD The first time I listened to the tone, my head seriously started hurting. It was pretty cool xD
    GCEA

I've never really had anything happen to me while listening to Lavender Town but I have a friend who gets anxiety from it.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

You know what's funny about the whole lavender town stuff, though? Its something I never noticed or payer attention to as a kid. I mean I figured that the music was a little weird (compared to the other tracks in the game, it's obvious it's meant to be haunting), but it never creeped me out.neither did the sounds give me a headache.

Yes, I know that they say that they tuned down those high-pitched notes in the NA and EU release of Red and Blue, but you can still hear it either way. :o

It wasn't until I read all that stuff did I start kinda getting a VERY mild headache after (intentionally) listening to it for a prolonged amount of time. Therefore, I think that it has something to do with a little something called, "the power of suggestion." :D or the expectancy effect.

While for someone who reads creepypasta ALL the time, Pokemon creepypasta have become really old for me, here's some great ones that I totally recommend for newbie CP readers! Please be wary as some of these contain (heavily implied) graphic material.

Lost Silver

Lavender Town Syndrome

Easter Egg - Snow on Mt. Silver

Pokemon Black

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Death (graphic content)

Pokemon Dead Channel (excessively graphic to the point that it's a little stupid)

Buried Alive Model

Come Follow Me

Pokeweird - Pokemon Yellow Sick

There's many more, and there are also some great ones that aren't Pokemon related. However, I felt like these were appropriate to suggest! I can dig up some more recommended ones of youd like. :D

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

5. This post has been liked by:

Altia 

Oh god Speed I love you. I remember reading somewhere about the Come Follow Me one you posted several years ago but then couldn't even think of how to go about finding it and then you posted it and I'm like YAY. xD

Not a clue, man TheoreticalSelkie's Avatar
    I don't find Lavender Town all that scary, though a bit annoying. The 4AM music from Animal Crossing: New Leaf creeps me out a little because of how unsettling the piano rhythm is. Here's a link to it if you want to listen.

Anyhow, creepypastas and horror stories are a thing near and dear to my heart. I haven't gone into the creepypasta wiki for a long time but I do frequent r/shortscarystories when I get bored. So here's a few, admittedly non-Pokemon for most of them that I liked. And a disclaimer to proceed at your own risk (I don't think any are overtly graphic but I can be wrong).

Annnnd there I go again reading all of these. *shivers*

It's funny that you bring up Animal Crossing. I used to think that the 4 am music was unsettling...but now I find it rather relaxing. Some people even find the 7 pm music creepy...which I think is weird. XD

But you wanna know what track IS seriously ****ing creepy in ACNL? The 5 am music. It's like it's meant to sound tranquil, but the hints of back-masked music in there makes it almost seem demonic. Well...demonic may be too strong of a word. But it's almost as if something isn't quite right. The second and last ones you posted, Selkie, I havent heard of so I'm gonna check them out right now :D

------------

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The Majora's Mask: Ben Drowned creepypasta is a classic. I have no idea how this was pulled off, but man, no one would look at Nintendo the same ever again if they made this a regular thing in their games.

10. This post has been liked by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ker8gppRbdM

I dono if you would consider this Creepypasta but I was watching this and Holy F...well you know. xD I thought 13, 11, 9 and 7 were all really creepy.

URPG Staff

Man, I love creepypastas! especially since it's nice to torture myself with reading them

I can't really go into detail about it, but my favorite creepypasta and the one I like to cover the most on is "The Russian Sleeping Experiment". Basically, as a test, scientists in russia use a special gas to keep a group of people permanently awake, and it goes horribly wrong. Honestly, it's one of those ones so realistic that it could be true.

Also, i've written my own pokepastas, maybe i should post them here xD